Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A 'T' stands for Tuesday post............



I use the word 'Tea' here very loosely.... :) Today it is Diet MUG rootbeer........ Love it!  AND no caffeine..... cutting back on caffeine is something i've been striving for the last couple of years.... My coffee in the morning is Folgers Half Caff and my diet sodas i reach for are caffeine free...... My hubby drinks diet Dew which i happen to love too...so i'm not beyond grabbing one now and then but as a whole i have cut back my consumption of caffeine waaay back........ I just woke up one day and for some reason took note of just how much caffeine i was consuming in one day......... go ahead...think about it......I never did before...  Between the coffee in the morning and the Diet Dews during the day....well i just felt the need to change something.... I even went down to decaffeinated coffee but i just didn't like it so i thought half caff was a good compromise and i actually like the flavor...... 




The birds were having a meeting this morning and posed for a couple pictures. They are quick little buggers! But i did end up with a few shots........

Click on this one .........it looks like she's talking to you...... :)  .....

Hubby and i have really not gone to the movies this summer.... we just got totally burned out on crowded crowded movie theaters and rude obnoxious people....we had reached our threshold and it just was not enjoyable anymore..... In our small town in TX if you went to a matinee during the week you were almost guaranteed to have the theater to yourself or nearly so.... But not here in CA. It doesn't seem to matter what time of day or what day of the week you go its always packed........ So we've been waiting for the movies to come out on DVD's........ Here's a few we've caught.........

Rio2........ I loved the first one and i'm not a cartoon movie person...this second one i did not make it all the way thru.... But hubby really liked....... This one i felt the story line was really ho-hum....and the songs...meh....

Noah......... i had misgivings about this one because i'am not a religious person but i have always enjoyed the story of Noah....And the special effects of all the animals looked really great in the previews AND ofcourse i wanted to support 'Hermione' in her new venture......lol.........Well in the end i was glad i did not pay to go to the theater to see it.....  I have never read the bible...... i have only a grade school understanding of the story of Noah as i was taken to Sunday School when i was little but i do not remember being taught that Noah struggled with the thought of killing his family......I found that very odd......... So i would love to know from someone more knowing if this is truly part of the bible...... So this movie ... not impressed........

Transcendence ....... Johnny Depp........ ho hum........it was Okay.... not good not bad just well ho hum...... Again saw it on video and glad i did not go to the movies.......

Transformers Age of Extinction........ We DID go to the movies to see this one and we truly enjoyed it....... Great special effects.....good story line i think and great new actors in the series.... This one was worth it... but its also the one where we came to the conclusion that our movie visits are going to be few and far between... People...... just  too many people........ hitting the back of your seat...talking and using their phone during the movie and looking like theres something wrong with you if you look perturbed... 

I did catch a wonderful movie on TV this past week... 'Shakespeare in Love'.....Remember that one???  I really enjoyed it this time around too..... I've been keeping up with the 'Last Ship' series and 'Falling Skies'..... 'Face Off'....'Extant'.......'Defiance'..... 'Under the Dome'..... What are you watching??? I'm linking up with Elizabeth's  'T' stands for Tuesday! Come visit everyone!!! Hugs! deb

18 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You watch far more TV than me. I have a really hard time remembering when shows come on to be sure to watch. If I had the channel, I think I'd watch the Outlander but I bought the book instead. Going to a theater is just too expensive to take a chance that the movie is not great.

I had heard that Noah didn't stick too close to the bible version but have to admit I never studied the book.
xx, Carol

Eliza said...

Good for you watching all the movies, when i can i take movies to work and watch them on the quiet when no one is around. There are so many things to watch and I like series on of my favorite series is White Collar, gosh he is cute the lead character, have you watched this? also another series Breaking Bad, loved the stupidity of the characters. Thanks for your review I found it interesting what you had to say. I also don't like crowds I work with them and people can be so annoying but I do let them know how inappropriate and rude they are.

Hugs Eliza

Halle said...

WE don't go to many movies at the theater. With the exception of the Marvel movies. Those big action films are really fun to see on the big screen.

~*~Patty S said...

I walked by a theatre the other day on the way to a craft shop and when the door opened and the smell of popcorn wafted out I thought it's been too long since I've been to the movies Hah! I would like to see the new one with Helen Mirren that is coming out soon.
There is an awful lot to chose from on TV and some really well written shows...we enjoy the British TV that trickles to the US
I am a cheap date when it comes to caffeine...a little goes a long way.
Cute birdies!
Happy T Day Deb
oxo
p.s. to answer your question about what ink I used to stamp on my avocado dyed fabric...it's Versafine...if you click on the photo with the rubber stamps you can read the complete name and brand info

Dianne said...

great art work on your new 'header' -- I think cats are a challenge to draw, but I adore trees...this is so cool! and love that you are drinking diet root beer. it makes a terrific ice cream soda with no-sugar-added ice cream. just sayin'! movies...I hardly ever go...and we watch Netflix through our x-box on Time Warner. Currently watching 'Royal Pains' about a concierge doctor--great show & funny! also 'The Glades' about a detective in Florida/cop show/murder mysteries. Also very good... happy T day!!

CraftyViolet said...

Birds are sometimes hard to photograph so good for you for getting some!
Caffeine is not a problem here. We only drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee all day and we don't drink pop at all...hate the stuff.

Joe and I haven't been to the movies for years. Just not worth the money. I did take our two grandsons to see the Spiderman movie a couple of years ago when they were here for a week and it was a rainy day so it worked out well for them.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Fab new header... I don't know this drink... don't know if this would be available here.
Enjoyed your birdie-pics
and the movies?
That is something I have to stay out of, since I was not at cinema for long a really long time .....
Happy T-Day!
xxx
Susi

Krisha said...

LOVE your new header, went back and read that post. A foot long Praying mantis?? RUN!!!! LOL

Good shake down on the movies. I only GO to the theater during the day during the SCHOOL year. Yep! I'm that old, I WANT to hear what I paid to see.

Looks like we follow all the same TV shows. LOVE Defiance and am so hung on the Last Ship.

Rec'd my PC, made my wish, and it cooled off and then YOUR wish happened, kind of........it sprinkled! LOL
Thanks for the visit this week.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The last time I was in a movie theater was in 2008 and it was in LA. It was so hot that summer and my friend didn't have AC, so we went to the movie to cool down one afternoon. You are right. There is never an "off time" in LA (we were actually in Brentwood) to see a movie. What got me was the cost of a first run movie. I'm used to the $1.50 movies we get here in Wichita. They are ones that are no longer on the list of first run, but too new to go to DVD or Netflix. Of course, that price was pre-2008, so that price may have gone up, too. If I recall correctly, my friend paid $11.00 per person for our tickets and they were matinee prices.

I could not live without my caffeine. Sorry. I'm an addict and I'll admit it. Of course, I drink coffee morning, noon, and night, so I'd get huge headaches without it. Tried to cut DOWN once and got such a headache, it took two days to get me back on track. I DO love root beer, though, and it's naturally caffeine free.

Thanks for sharing your lovely birds, root beer, and take on the movies with us for T this Tuesday.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

We enjoy movies but much prefer to watch them at home. Even in our little town, the prices are outrageous to me. We have premium cable channels where most of the movies come around anyway.

I gave up soda years ago and only drink 1-2 cups of tea a day. Any more than that and I'll drink decaf.

see you there! said...

I'm stuck there at the top looking at the cat sketches. Oh, yeah, its T today. Ok. I tried switching coffee to decaf but didn't last long. Decided to limit myself to 2 cups of the good stuff each morning and that is it. I don't like soda, never have even as a kid.

Darla

Rita said...

Being housebound the past over nine years and joining Netflix...I watch so many movies and TV series! More than I ever did in the past. I don't have cable TV, but I can get much of it on Netflix.

Sweet little birds! I just bought root beer for the first time in years to make root beer floats--had a craving--LOL! Happy T-Day! :)

Divers and Sundry said...

We usually wait for DVDs, too. They come out fairly quickly these days. I haven't seen any of the ones on your list. The TV we're watching is Poirot DVDs, trying to watch them all in preparation for the end of the series.

Ariel said...

Enjoyed reading your post. I love to read reviews on movies and then decide to see them or not.I'm not a great movie fan but love to watch a good one once in a while.
Have a great week
Susan

Hettie said...

I tend to watch more films on TV than TV itself....on DVD of course! It is a rare treat for us to go to the pictures mainly because it is too expensive.
Ooooo Root beer. Not THAT is a real blast from the past...very hard to find in the UK!
Happy belated Tuesday...our internet is very flaky right now and last night was not a good night!
Hugs
xx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

That's the exact reason we stopped going to the movies. Maybe we all have lifetime allotment of tolerance for rude loud people.

Izzybeads by Laney said...

Nice to know that cinemas (theatres) are the same over the pond as they are over here in the UK, we avoid them for the same reason, I like to watch at home I can pause the film for a wee or make a cup of tea ....

Umm Noah sounds a bit weird, I did do RE (Religious Education over here it was mandatory!) and I was raised in a very Catholic and church going home - I am now much more spiritual in my views not liking a lot of the Catholic practise but that is another story... - I don't ever remember being told Noah wanted to do his family in' how odd!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Too bad the theatres are so crowded...I know you two were avid movie-goers. Ah well, you can watch anything at home these days. Rootbeer sounds good about now, haven't had one in forever. I drink about two soda's a year if that. Might have to make a root beer float one of these days. xox