Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Sketches........

.............well i was going to join Dion Dior with her Friday Sketches... but i don't see a post from her this morning.........so.... I will just share whats going on anyway....... :)...Aaahh DionDior is back!!! so here we go! ..... The cat's in the tree sketch is coming along .........albeit slowly...... I think i spend more time 'eyeballing ' it.......... trying to decide where i want the boxes...how i want the limbs to go....... Sometimes i won't touch it for a week...... then i'll pick it up ...eyeball it and add a little bit or take away......... 

This process of pulling an idea out of my brain and putting it on paper is not easy for me...... This tree exists no where else but in my imagination........ thats not how i learned to draw....... I do fairly well when i have a picture in front of me......... I'm a good 'copier'... but to pull something like this out of my imagination...well... its almost like 'giving birth'...... But i LOVE The idea that it exists no where else but in my head...... and that it is truly MINE.....my idea...my concept....... I like the challenge........ Sketches like this of mine don't always work out...... but some do... and i'm still liking this one.... The top of the tree will continue on off the page.... Not sure if thats okay or not but i just can't seem to put a top on it...LOL! 

I'm not sure about the bird but i sketched it and inked it and its a part of it now... The image in the header is the latest one and i where i stand now with it... I don't know about you but i'm lovin' the roots at the bottom.......  Hugs! deb

After some deliberation i've decided to join Paint Party Friday even though there is no paint on the page yet...its still in the sketching stage...........

18 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

I like this one a lot too. Funny you mentioned the roots because when I first saw it I noticed the roots right away. Awesome job. I like the bird so I'm glad it's staying.
I'm a "copier" too when I draw and I struggle doing freehand drawing...but actually, I seldom draw anymore anyway...I've discovered stamps!

Krisha said...

OOOOOH! I do LIKE this very much! The roots are perfect and with a good root system that tree can defiantly grow off the page.

I can copy pretty good too, as that is how I was also taught in many art classed, but I'm rather a dreamer so my imagination can really fill in the void....LOL

Keep up the great work

kathyinozarks said...

I love your sketch allot-and I noticed those roots right away too-cool!

Izzybeads by Laney said...

Keep going its brilliant! I love doodling and writing, that first mark when you put pen to paper and the white glow of the surface starts to disappear under the drawing or the words. You should do more from your imagination ;)

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Nice challenge, what's in your head inspried by a sweet Jinx no doubt. xox

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love it, Deb. You know I love your boxes drawings. Your description of how your creations materialize is beautiful and fascinating. Love the phrase "This tree exists no where else but in my imagination". It really makes me stop and think.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I just do not have that kind of patience (or ability).

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMG!! Not sure about the bird!! It's my FAVORITE part. I love how its looking down on all the activity, ready to take care of any cat that dare get to close to the nest. Its GREAT! I love this piece. It's perfect that you can't see the top of the tree. This piece is REALLY good!

xx, Carol

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your drawing! Valerie

Giggles said...

I agree I`m loving those roots too...yes do keep going... Welcome to ppf...a place where all artists are welcome.. A great crowd here!

Hugs Giggles

Linda Kunsman said...

this looks great-and I love the bird! Happy PPF!

Tracey Fletcher King said...

I am really looking forward to seeing this with some paint on it... it is going to be fabulous...xx

SonjaK said...

Wow, I love everything about your sketch: wonderful tree, amazing bird, great cats. It's definitely not only the roots that stand out ;) I'm too looking forward to see how this sketch will develop.

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Sat down with my cup o joe and read back a few months and had a very nice visit.
Amazed that kitty will take a bath. Mine used to scratch me up something fierce when we tried it when I was a kid and mine were super dirty as they ran wild in the woods each day.

Love your box sketches and your stamp carving<3

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Oooohh I do like this a lot. There is so much going on in this piece. Wonderful.
Nicole/Beadwright

Beth Niquette said...

This just fills my eyes. I love black cats--it's been a tradition in my family to have a black cat--named SNOW. (grin) It all started with my Dad who had a black Cat named snow when he was a kid, then when I was a girl, we had another black cat named snow--then when my own children were small, we rescued a little black kitten--who then also became snow. (grin) Your drawing just fills my eyes to the brim.

JKW said...

Welcome to PPF. The tree looks like a tree lady to me. This is a creative sketch that can be admired for all the different aspects you have included. I like it. Blessings, Janet PPF

Neesie said...

Wow you have patience Deb but I can see it pays off. The tree is fabulous. I adore trees and those roots are great. I like the idea of it stretching up off the page... it makes you want to see what else might be up there.
I also think the cats work beautifully.
Thanks so much for sharing so we can all admire your work ;D
Have a great day and apologies for taking so long to visit. I've been missing for a few days but trying desperately to catch up.
Happy very belated PPF