Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I'am Absolutely, Completely , Totally.....Irrevocably ....

HOOKED!........... on making 5X7 postcard size Art......2 of these are actual postcards using cereal box chipboard and one is a 5x7 flat panel canvas.... Click it large for better view........  It WAS tricky getting a picture here... I wanted you to see that the dragonfly and flower were mirrored surfaces(actually they were Wall Art picked up at the DollarTree ) but i didn't want to totally obscure the picture...  Practicing my shading here with the blue.... I STILL suck at it...... Once in awhile i get a better one but shading with paint is still rough for me.....   So two of these are winging their way to new homes and one i 'am going to HANG ON THE WALL!

I like to create with COLOR (as if you haven't noticed) But i do not like to decorate my house in BRIGHT colors..... but i DO want to hang my art on my walls....so.........something had to give......... So i have decided to have spots of color through out the house.... I'll show you when i get some more on the wall..... One of these spots is my stairway wall...at the bottom of the stairs. Its not really suitable for anything else and its just stark white...I thought a whole bunch of 5x7 art would look great grouped there...... so stay tuned on that... 

5x7 is just a perfect size....isn't it? Not too big as to take too long to finish and not too small that you have to squint to see the details...perfect...sigh.... okay... i better get busy! Thanks for stopping by!!!! Oh! And if your at all interested in swapping MailArt postcards with me let me know!!!  Just an informal, no pressure PostCard swap.........Hugs! deb

11 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Which did you keep? I'm thinking these lost some of there POW in the picture. I like to see your mail art, but must confess that I have no interest to share. I think in the future I may try fiber art mail.
xx, Carol

Krisha said...

Well Blogger is being a bugger this AM and doesn't want to post my comment, so I'll try one more time. If it comes through twice just delete one.

I love mine. Now that I've moved good ole Betsy I will start adding my mail art.....where? Not sure yet...grin

kathyinozarks said...

Hi, I love your cards. a few years ago I got into making cards-mostly as a swap on mary janes farm forum-but most of the time I never received a card back so quit that. but I did get into making lots of cards for birthdays holidays etc I loved the creativity cause they were small works of art that I could complete in a day--I should get back to that again

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Thanks for my bright and oh so colorful 5x7...I am smiling at your cute bee. xox

CraftyViolet said...

Very nice postcards! I love the shimmer. I'm too busy with other projects and with enjoying the summer to start another endeavour though. Maybe later.

Izzybeads by Laney said...

Love 'em :) they are fabulous :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Yay, for spots of color! that will look lovely on your wall.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are gorgeous, and I always love mail art. Wish I had time to make some, but right now I am SWAMPED, making a new project that I have no idea how it will turn out. You seem to be having fun with it, though, and green crafting is the ONLY way to go, in my opinion.

You asked where I got the image for the cup I used in my J52 challenge this week. Sadly, I left the answer on Chris's blog and she let me know. Some days I'm a dufus WHO NEEDS COFFEE.

The cup came from a template I downloaded at least five years ago from a company called "Milkwood Studios." When I did an internet search, there were several entries, but none that were the one I remember. In fact, I think the woman even said she was shutting down her website. As a result, I couldn't find them on the internet. Sorry I couldn't be more help, because all her templates were FREE!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention that I also decorate like you. Most of my home, including the white walls, is neutral. But the art that decorates those white walls is anything BUT neutral. Good for you and your splotches of color.

Bridget Larsen said...

Dont forget to show us the pot and plant hanging up, yes macrame has come in handy. Your husband has a great desk, love it
Bridget #1

Bridget Larsen said...

Dont forget to show us the pot and plant hanging up, yes macrame has come in handy. Your husband has a great desk, love it
Bridget #1