Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Belated T for Tuesday Post..............






I'm late ...I'm late for a very important date! T Partyers I hope you will forgive me for being a little late.......I've spent the day digging out the craft room from the state i left it in when my company showed up....... I finished up these lovely tags..... Before my company came and we had all our wonderful excursions i had no idea what i was going to do with them...... 


I generally don't make tags........I'm more of a PostCard kinda girl... Next week i will show you just what i did with them..... But for now let me tell you that the substrate is a cereal box or mac and cheese box or a  poptart box..or.......or..... you get the idea :) I used a hole punch to get the hole...... covered it in gesso then used Dylusion's Spray Ink ....and coated the whole thing with a good coat of Plaid Royal Coat Hi Gloss Finish...... and i found these gorgeous stickers ......i wish i could remember where ......i'd get some more..... :)  The ribbon i saved from somewhere........ the Land of Misfit Embellishments...maybe.. :)   Now i 'm telling you the brand names of everything not because i'm being paid in anyway to do so but because i simply LOVE the product.......

The Dylusion's Spray Ink gives fabulously bright colors.... my only issue with them is they are water-soluble and will reactivate if you get them wet again..... So i had a heck of a time figuring out how to seal them......my go to gel matte medium or mod podge was not going to work as they smeared...... 

Enter a very old and neglected spray can of Plaid Royal Coat Hi Gloss Finish....I just pointed the can, closed my eyes and sprayed while praying to the God's of Misguided Crafty Adventures......the very fine spray did not reactivate the ink and gave me a hi gloss ......glass like really finish......... Just thrilled with the results Whew! ......  I had to go to Plaidonline.com to find some more. I cannot remember the price but i remember it being reasonable for quite a good size can...... 

Did you see the Postcards in the header??? Wrapped those up today too! I can see my desktop again! WooHoo!  Again those are the spray inks and finished with the Plaid.   I hope to be a little less scatterbrain next week and actually have something liquid to show you! Happy T Day!! Hugs! deb

14 comments:

Izzybeads by Laney said...

Those are beautiful, really beautiful. Have you tried Derwent Inktense pencils? You can shave them and add water to the 'dust' creating a pool of paint to paint with, they are bright colours that you can use on fabric, paper etc., and once dried they are permanent, brilliant for lots of crafts and drawings. Lx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy T day, Deb. It's ok to be late. Both your postcards and your tags are lovely. I've never seen those sprays you use, but I know a LOT of people swear by them.

Please tell your hubby happy belated birthday. Gotta admit, my stomach turned a bit when I saw the birthday cake, then the slug right below it. I have a thing about slugs. Never saw one growing up, but when I moved to MO., they were everywhere, even getting into your house. They make me sick to think about them. Glad KS doesn't have that same problem. At least I've not seen any here. And to me, a slug is a slug, even one with a cute name (grin).

Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you again next week, I'm sure.

TwinkleToes2day said...

LOVE those postcards and the tags! Really beautiful! Thanks for the heads up about the Plaid spray, it's on my list now. It's very annoying when the dylusions reactivate when not intended, so I rarely use them, but now I can! :D Happy T Day :D

The Weaver of Grass said...

All so very pretty.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Whoa!! That's all Greek to me, but I love what you did!!
xx, Carol

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

The tags are sooo beautiful, a work of art.

Estelle's said...

Oh Deb....what a beautiful header! Love all of your crafts! Lovely and fun!!! Thank you for always inspiring others!

see you there! said...

I like your tags and the postcards in your header are great. Someone is going to be happy to get one in the mail.

Darla

CraftyViolet said...

How could anyone miss those postcards - they are gorgeous! Love them and the tags. I'm not a tag maker either unless it's for a bookmark. I like Tim Holtz's tags but once again, I don't make them because I never know what to do with them afterwards. I can't wait to see what you did with yours.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Never too late for T! Both your tags and postcards came out fantastic! The lacy flowers are one of my favorites!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

You are back at busy, good and pretty work too. Me, well, owe some mail, and haven't made a thing. I need a wife, ha. xox

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

The tags and postcards are all very pretty, Deb.

In the first postcard you showed with the dandelion, you mentioned mirrored tiles (I think). I don't understand how you're getting the beautiful silver surface, if not with embossing powder. Can you explain.

Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Super Stamp Girl said...

Okay, Deb, I went from "Yay, love those photos of Lake Tahoe and the crystal clear waters" to "ooh, yucky, a banana slug" all in a matter of minutes! Too funny. Glad you enjoyed your time well spent. Happy T-day!