Monday, September 15, 2014

Kidnapped..........

Be sure to click on each pic to enlarge!

or........maybe 'spirited away' is a better name for it......And it most definitely was NOT against my will.....lol....... Except for the last couple years Lake Tahoe has always been out of reach for me.... I would drool over pictures and marvel at the fabulous blue of the lake and always 'knew'  i would probably never get there... 


It was always on the other side of the country.......compare that to the 2hr drive it is now you might as well say its in my back yard...All the Tahoe pictures i've shown you in the past were taken on the CA side of Lake Tahoe.....these here are on the Nevada side with the big boulders......


The water is crystal clear and COLD but honestly it doesn't take long for your body to acclimate or maybe it just goes numb?? lol .....the gorgeous mermaid coffee cup is from Starbucks........ Its to commemorate us swimming like mermaids in Lake Tahoe! I just LOVE it....perfectly whimsical ! 


I left a little note to my kidnappers when we got back to the 100 degree heat of the valley..... 'Feel free to kidnap me and take me to Tahoe anytime you feel like it. ' LOL!  Hugs! deb

PS. Dont' you just love the header?? This was the main office cabin for some adorable rental cabins .........i just fell in love with that bear on the roof........someone must be making and selling them as we saw several around town......  Happy T day everybody.... If you 'd like to visit with some more tea drinkers just visit Elizabeth! 

20 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Do you know I hadn't noticed that bear until you pointed him out! I haven't been to Tahoe but I have been to some wonderful Lakes in the US and Canada. The ones which stick in my memory are Louise and Winnnipesauke.

Lori said...

Beautiful!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I noticed that BEAR right away!! I am conjuring a SPIRIT right now to take me away too!!
xx, Carol

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Fabulous shots. What a marvelous place. Maybe one day we'll get out there too. xox

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How lovely. Yes, I saw the bear the first thing, too. I love your new mug. It looks so lovely with the fall vignette. Tahoe looks lovely. I have a friend who is a medical doctor there. She's invited me to visit several times, and I've always had to decline. Your photos make it so appealing.

Thanks for sharing Lake Tahoe, the gorgeous bears, and the fun mug with us for T this week.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Yes, that bear is adorable, and what a skill whomever makes them, has! That water surely looks inviting, and I'm glad you took the oppportunity to 'dive' in. Happy T day :D

CraftyViolet said...

Lovely photos and what a pleasant kidnapping!

Robyn said...

lovely setting for you cup.
and hold the bears!
robyn

froebelsternchen Susi said...

fantastic photos and such a pleasent kdnapping - yeah!

Julia Dunnit said...

The bear is amazing...I love it, and isn't it lifelike!!
My sweet sissy is in CA and she loves Tahoe too....look at that beautiful clear water. I'm afraid I don't think it is acclimating, I think it is numbing..but oh how refreshing and real! Lovely post.

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day! LOVE the cabin and bear and can someone kidnap me and bring me there. Thanks for sharing and have a good day.

Linda Kunsman said...

What a perfectly rustic looking cabin-and I love that bear-esp. since he's the friendly kind:) What a really wonderful surprise you got. I can just hear the joy of your experience. Great photos, and tea cup. Happy T day and happy belated birthday!

~*~Patty S said...

What a wonderful place to be whisked off to!
TFS
Happy T Day
oxo

Krisha said...

Great photos Deb, I love the Tahoe area! We even spent our honeymoon there......loooooong time ago..LOL

Thanks for stopping by this week for T.

I've been thinking (yep!) you should scan your drawings and size them to a post card and send one to one of your pen pals (hint, hint, hint, wink, wink, wink) LOL I would even buy one from you!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I love the bears! Your photos are really gorgeous, and I am so glad you had a chance to visit Tahoe.

see you there! said...

Really like the cabin. The pictures are somewhat familiar to me. I have a dear friend who lives in Tahoe on the Nevada side and I visit her occasionally. Glad you got whisked away!

Darla

Rita said...

Yes, I love the bear on the roof peak!! What a great vacation kidnapping. ;) Happy T-Day! :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

I did a double take when I first saw the bear, then got to the bottom of your post - phew!!! Lake Tahoe looks amaZing - I have heard of it but never seen pictures! I thought my pics of Wast Water in our Lake District were lovely but this looks fabulous! Chris:-)

Halle said...

Gorgeous photos! I know what you mean about cold water...I'm not sure if it isn't a bit of numbness. ;)

Dianne said...

oh yes, that bear on the roof caught my eye and made me wonder if it was real! love your photos, and sweet story about your trip. so nice to see clean clear water like that in the lake. thanks for taking us along!