Monday, September 8, 2014

Missing In Action.........



..........so much going on this past week or so...its been crazy.... Hubby celebrated a birthday with a little of my Black Magic Cake




Took a friend visiting from TX to every place i have fallen in love with in CA .......well we didn't make it to EVERY place but we gave it a good try....and LOOK she found a banana slug!!!!   The only one but i'm glad she found it and got to see it... :)  All that slug hunting hubby and i did in the rain and didn't find one and then BAM she found one...lucky duck... lol........

A whirlwind tour of Muir Woods, Muir Beach, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe........where we had fool's gold between our toes.....So much fun and i'am just now getting everything back under control .... clothes washed...dishes..... hubby is back at work too starting today...whew...........   My friend and i had our first trolley car ride together......that was so much fun..... Hanging on the side going up and down the hills of SF..... So far she is the only one of friends and family to take us up on the invite to come see us in CA....... I hope we showed her a good time!!   Back to regular posting soon!!!!! Big Hugs! deb 

Whoops ......sorry if the header makes your eyes go a bit wonky...its a little out of focus..... I was watering my plants EARLY in the morning before one of our excursions and i had a 'little' visitor...really though he was far from little...at least the size of my hand! ......such a lovely fluorescent green don't you think......?

9 comments:

kim davis said...

Wow! Those certainly are some big critters you have there. However the dragonfly is a great inspiration for a quilt! Thanks for sharing!

Jan Priddy, Oregon said...

What a lovely tour!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Don't care at all for that banana slug -but love your header.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Don't care at all for that banana slug -but love your header.

kathyinozarks said...

sounds super fun-I love your dragonfly, that is a very cool slug-kinda pretty for a slug-lol I don't see slugs here too often-we are usually going through extreme heat and no rain in the summer time.
I am still playing in the dye pot-getting the poke berries set up to dye tomorrow morning

CraftyViolet said...

We get enough ugly brown slugs in my garden that I couldn't get excited about your yellow one but it would be different to see. Love dragonflies! Glad you and your friend had a good time.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

That slug does not look as slimey as the ones in my garden ~lol~ He is certainly photo worthy.

Glad you had a good time with your company. I'm sure they enjoyed seeing the spots you have found fun in your new location.

xx, Carol

gamma3 said...

beautiful picture of the golden gate bridge, as well as the other pictures. i bet your FRIEND had a wonderful time. the site seeing and nature was probably the best of all and doing it with YOU made it even better. i bet if she told all the people back in texas how wonderful it was, you would have lots of company. you, hubby, and others know how to show a great time. enjoyed more than you will ever know.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I was shocked by that a "huge" bug in your header until I learned it's a harmless dragonfly. Good photo.

Banana slug? Never seen one and hope I never do. Yuck. They eat your plants, right? I say, the only good slug is ... well, you know.

It sounds like it was a fun visit.I can't believe how much you packed into such a short time!