Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Movie Review!!!!!!!!!

                          Godzilla


Hubs and i haven't been to the movies much this summer....no special reason other than a desire to cut back..... So we hadn't seen the new Godzilla movie... Are you a Godzilla fan? 

I remember watching Godzilla movies growing up.....LOVED them..... always rooting for Godzilla....... Hiding my face behind my hands or hiding behind the couch but always determined to watch it. After all my big brothers watched scary movies so why not me... :)

So we bought the new movie last night and curled up on the couch with some ice cream and was prepared to be entertained.........uuummmmm...not so much....... and for a change hubs and i were in agreement..... The movie was dark.... i don't mean dark as in evil....i can do evil.... but dark as in hard to see....seriously i spent a good part of the movie trying to figure out what was going on  because it was too dark to see much....kept asking hubby..what just happened?? whats that??? crazy..... 

The movie did not make care about the characters....and that was probably the big kicker for me...... they gotta make me care about what happens to someone to really grab me....   

The 1998 Godzilla movie with Matthew Brodderick managed to do that..... This movie even made me care what happened to Godzilla not just the human characters..... I don't like to watch the ending to this movie as Godzilla dies..... and i find it very sad... This movie often gets laughed at and put down but i think its a much better movie than the one i just wasted time on.........And that my dears is my two cents worth...lol  Forget about the new one go for the oldie but goodie! :) Hugs! deb

7 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Nope, not a fan of scary movies. My girls love them and my one grandson who is only 9 loves them....but they are selective of which ones he can watch. They let him watch some made over 20 years ago and he said, "Well, that's not much of horror movie. It must be an 80's thing".

CraftyViolet said...

Ha! Just saw your comment on my blog. I shouldn't post anything when I'm tired. No, I don't live in a dessert because you are right, I don't like anything sweet. I have made a correction! Thanks!

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

I love scary movies and this was one I 'was' hoping to see in IMAX...was hoping it was scarier than the last one with Matthew Broderick.

kathyinozarks said...

sometimes I wonder why the movie people insist on re doing an older film-I think it because they can outdo the special effects now-but I usually like the originals the best-thanks for the review-and I Love that bear on top of the house!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love scary...but godzilla didn't look like I wanted to see it. Terry has been finding some really great older movies on Encore and the Indie station lately. We also see the almost latest on HBO GO. I need to find out what more I can do with my Chromecast. I think the next thing I'll do is get the gismo that enables me to watch the computer on my TV.

BTW: Mary Tate is already a blog friend. We have CQ and dolls in common. Thanks for thinking of me.
xx, Carol

Krisha said...

King Cong is the only "re-make" that I have found stands the test against the originals. LOVED IT! and still get misty eyed when he dies.
I love the old "hokie" Godzilla movies, where they were made in Japan, their lips move, then you the hear English translation....LOL Yep! I'm THAT old!

Lori said...

Laughing because I hated - HATED - the Matthew Broderick remake. I am a Godzilla lover from childhood and that movie disappointed me on all levels.

I loved the new one. No, I didn't care about the characters in this one except the old dad, but Godzilla made the movie.