Thursday, October 23, 2014

Early Friday Sketches.............



I'll be out of pocket tomorrow (Friday) and i wanted to be sure to show you what i've been working on in that sketchbook that Jinx wouldn't let me show last week..lol...... Above is the inspiration photo for the sketch...
Before you get excited...no i didn't take this photo And worse i cannot tell you who did.  I like to browse thru the photos at Wunderground weather website and when i went back to get the name of the artist this photo was no where to be found.... So if anyone knows i will gladly give credit........ 
Click on the photo above so you can get a good look at the face on that dragonfly....isn't it amazing?! 


I just kept seeing it as a big toothy grin..... Here it is coming to life in my sketchbook......writing myself little notes for changes and ideas...trying out color schemes....still not sure about a color scheme...any thoughts??

I liked it well enough that i copied it to some better sketchbook paper and started fleshing out some details....  The picture on the header above is the finished sketch....... Now the fun part begins....
                                  COLOR!!!
I'll be linking to Friday sketches and Paint Party Friday when they get their posts up......I hope you enjoyed seeing the progress.... You should be able to click on each photo to enlarge.  So glad you stopped by!!! Hugs! deb

Click to enlarge any photo!

16 comments:

Krisha said...

I can tell this is gong to be an amazing page, can't wait to see the finished piece.

Valerie-Jael said...

The dragonfly photo is amazing, and so are your sketches! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Netty said...

great photo and love your interpretation. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Beth Niquette said...

I LOVE your dragonfly! His grin is just perfect. And so detailed--just lovely.

Linda Kunsman said...

LOVE your dragonfly and that mischievous grin! Happy PPF!

Lynn Richards said...

Wow, what a photograph! I love your rendition and note taking. It will be fun to see it all in color.

Tracey Fletcher King said...

looking forward to seeing this finished... it is going to be something else...xx

Giggles said...

Love it...I see everything colored then white teeth...so cool! Can't wait to see it completed!

Hugs Giggles

CraftyViolet said...

Love your sketches. I have a great photo of a dragonfly that I took standing on a bridge as it flew by. I'll email it to you if you would like to see it as I can't post it in these comments.

My name is Erika. said...

Can't wait to see the finished dragonflies. Your pie from the other day looks delicious and what a fun Halloween party post. I like those guests that never left.

Lindsay said...

Love the doodle already!! I can't wait to see how it will look in color. :) (And the 3 cats made me smile!)

Nat S said...

yes, amaizing and very romantic :)

Studio Kaufmann said...

I absolutely adore your dragonfly he has such a cheeky grin. Wonderful art. Happy PPF

Ms Misantropia said...

Such a pretty black kitty!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

That's wonderful, Deb. I love the toothy grin.

JKW said...

Didn't realize they had a face like that. Such clear wings too. Your painting is coming along nicely. Blessings, Janet PPF (I love your header painting too.)