Monday, October 13, 2014

Weekend Shenanigans and a Winner!






I say 'weekend' but really i mean Sunday....... Because of gas prices and the distances and traffic we have to deal with here in CA we like to 'bundle' our activities.  You know while we're out we might as well do this, that and the other thing......... Well we have been planning for weeks to go to the Antique Faire in Pleasanton on Sunday......... So we bundled a stop over at Hubby's work to put his plant in the now finished macrame plant hanger!!!And ofcourse take pictures of it for you! Thats hubby up there attaching the vine to the wall using cup hooks. I KNOW I should have wrapped him in bubble wrap first before Mr. Accident Prone got up there.......but all went well and no plant or human got damaged.. :) 




While waiting for him to finish i stepped outside and just look at the treat waiting for me....... Isn't she beautiful? Sorry for the not so great photo.......i took several and this was the best one..... Like all the deer and turkey up there she was not overly concerned about me.........They won't come to you but they don't run away either...... The VA center there does not allow any feeding of the animals do you know why?  Its not about any ideas of conservation for the animals........ Instead its because the turkey would hang around the VA center itself and their poo would get on the sidewalks and the veterans in wheelchairs would then get it on their wheels and consequently on their hands.........eeeewwwwww..... 




Here is a picture of the spoils of the day......... We got to the Antique Faire early....... the sun was shining but it was still a cool....gorgeous morning..... they're were people milling about but not crowded......yet...... Gosh you know we hardly ever buy anything at this Faire but we love to go...walk around , look.... reminisce about things we remember from our childhood that somehow they are now considered antiques......  But you know we never know what we are going to run into there...... The rule is everything sold there is suppose to be 20 years old or older...... Most vendors do just that but some sneak in other stuff.....  Like the rubber stamps up there in picture......could they be 20 years old?? I guess so......doesn't really matter to me i found a couple i liked CHEAP. :) Then i came across a lady selling blocks from a printing press and fell in love with that long cityscape scene......


Then among the treasures at another booth i unearthed this glass egg....... i collect eggs...... this one looks like the green coke bottle glass and its HEAVY ......it was love at first sight.....$5.... i didn't even try to haggle......i wanted it....lol....... After the faire on the way home we stopped at Winco......a grocery store.... i was on a quest to find my absolute favorite leave in hair conditioner by VO5.  I couldn't find it anywhere......i've been looking for months.... Don't you hate it when you can't remember where you bought something..... Well i finally found it and yes i bought 3!!! :) And while in the check out lane i saw these coffee cups with a tree on it and fell in love AGAIN.....It was a day for falling in love.....what can i say......... Cup $2.98.... I tell my hubby.......at least i'm a cheap date.........he smirked...... :)


And finally my twice a year visit to the Half Price Book Store...  :)Like i said i'm a cheap date....... Hubby said...'Yes, but all your nit picking adds up!' LOL! 

Well my oatmeal is gone and my coffee has gone cold while i type this so without further adieu  the winner of my coasters is Kathy over there in the Ozarks!! Thank you all for the wonderful comments on the fish and the coasters. Congratulations Kathy and if you'll get your snail mail addy to me i'll get these in the mail to you!  Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Hugs! deb

19 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

That sounds like a great day you had. Glad your hubby didn't go "down" while putting his plant "up"!

Nice finds at the Faire too.

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh Deb, this sounds like a perfect day to me-and my hubby would be happy for the great deals too! Your planter looks fab! Happy T day to you.

Karla B said...

Wonderful post!

Robyn said...

what a fun day and you restrained yourself haul wise!
cold coffee- i love my cup warmer!

Krisha said...

What a fun day. DH and I tend to do the bundling thing too. We have done the Antique thing for years, and always laugh when we something that we got as a wedding gift, of course they are antiques we celebrate 41 years next week.....LOL
Like you book choices.
Happy T-day

froebelsternchen Susi said...

fabulous planter and what a great day!

Happy T-Day to you!
xxx
Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I got a kick out of the cup hooks your hubby used to train the vine. Loved that.

You sound like you had a magical day out and about. I want that city scape, too. It is AWESOME.

Now I know where you'll be if you don't post for awhile. You'll be reading those books you got. Good for you. I'm not a kindle or other electronic reader kind of gal. I still prefer my hardbacks and an occasional paperback book!

Thanks for sharing your weekend with us for T this Tuesday.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

My kind of day. Terry and I used to go to a huge outdoor flea market in Shipshewana Indiana. It take just about all day to walk through it. Sadly Terry is not able to walk that much anymore. You got some good loot and of course there is ALWAYS a good book at a sale. We have a really good paperbook exchange shop here and I plan to head over there soon, by myself, and look around. I need to get some stock in for the winter ~lol~
xx, Carol

kathyinozarks said...

good morning what a fun day-I love going to swaps like that and resale shops-cool finds!
we have had rain and storms here since friday nite, so have been popping on the computer just a few minutes a day when there is a break in the weather.
so thank you for emailing me. today should be the last rainy cool day for awhile-70s return tomorrow still need to get that firewood cut and split-and get this house ready for "deer camp" awesome you got to see a deer up close-we so enjoy that here too

~*~Patty S said...

Great fun and good haul from your weekend's adventures = nice mug!
Bet your egg collection is fun too.
Happy T Day to ya
oxo

E. Jane said...

Sometimes you can find wonderful things at yard sales, swap meets, etc. Occasionally you hear of someone who has found a real treasure. I love your egg. Fun weekend!

Halle said...

That is a lovely egg. The color is fantastic.
Happy T Day!

Nancy said...

Wow :) love all your finds! The mug is lovely, but the stamps--they look awesome!
Glad hubby was safe--looks a little precarious :)
Happy T day and thanks for stopping by :)

Bridget Larsen said...

Great idea to bundle your outings to one, love fairs, you got some great stuff from it
Bridget #2

Rita said...

Those are my kind of bargains! And, yes, rubber stamps could be 20 years old. I have a few older than that. ;) Love the philodendron in the new hanger.
Happy T-Day! :)

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Like that rubber stamp too. And the egg. Good stuff at a bargain, who can complain about that. Hubby's plant looks great. xox

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Wow, you did great, Deb. I especially love the cup and the city scape printing block. Will you be able to stamp woth that? I mean, will it accept stamping ink or something similar?

Neesie said...

Phew... you did cram a lot into your trip. Great goodies too ;D
Congrats to Kathy on her prize.
Enjoy your wares xoxo

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I love little packages in the mail-yours came today-thanks so much and I love everything-especially the extra art-hugs Kathy