Friday, October 31, 2014

Winner and .............a rant..........

I don't rant on here often......... mostly because thats not what i want this blog to be about ....... I want it to be about arts and crafts and the little bit of traveling Hubby and i do........ Other than Hubby i don't even talk about family because they would rather not be talked about... :) Who can blame them......who knows WHAT i might say........LOL!  But once in a while something comes along that i have a thing or two to say about........ even then i usually don't say it on the blog. Mostly because i find my opinions about things tend to differ from most other people i know. Even differ from Hubby... which believe me can lead to some lively discussions...:)  Which in the end sometimes we just have to agree to disagree.... but how boring would life be if we were all like minded...... 'Variety is the spice of life.......' Now before i completely bore you with my rant (which i'm not even sure it can be called a rant) I want to tell you who the spider is going home with......drumrollllll..........

MS. Violet!!!! You WON!!!  AND i already have your address from a previous GiveAway and such.........So give me some time to get my act together and get it packaged and get to the post office.......I'll let you know when its winging its way to you! :)  Yeah!!! 

Now you may think my rant has to do with that can of caulk up there in the header and the photo above...Nope...... spied this up at hubby's work and it was just TOO COOL looking not to share. :) The caulk is suppose to be red but some of the contents separated and pushed it's way out... Cool or what? 

No I want talk about Ebola....... Did you just roll your eyes??  :)  No really there are some things i just don't understand..... Hubby and i have been discussing this alot.... how can we help it when its in the news so much......And i guess i'm just dumbfounded....... I don't understand the logic of intentionally bringing in this deadly disease to our country when there has never been a case of it here before.  I can sympathize with the Americans who were in a different country helping others with the disease that they would want to come home to America to be treated.  However most of these people were health care workers that to me should have been appalled at the idea of bringing Ebola to the US no matter how carefully it was handled.... Why take that risk that it could get away.......?I guess i hold health care workers to a higher standard...... And then there's this nurse in NJ who does not think she should be quarantined.... really? This is not your average Joe.... she's a nurse who had been helping Ebola patients in other countries ......imagine the horrors that she has seen.......Why would she want to risk bringing that to anyone here? I just don't get it...... 

THEN........i caught a headline or something on the radio......i can't remember where i heard it and i had a huge aha moment...... Really sometimes my naivete amazes even me........ This never even dawned on me...........and i didn't read the whole article or listen to the report or whatever it was i heard it from but the headline was the pharmaceutical companies were behind allowing Ebola patients into the country...... Imagine the money they would make if Ebola became an issue in this country........ you know there's no money in helping a third world country but the US? Yeah baby...... And i'm like OMG that makes total sense but i never would have thought up that evil on my own....... i just don't think that way.......  

And is anyone else disappointed at the lack of readiness by the CDC?? I expected more from them......... the fact that there is no kind of protocol for the people coming back to the US after being around Ebola patients and such is just nuts...... This deal with the nurse should not even be an issue......

OH! And then i heard on the news that you know it would be really difficult to screen people for high temperatures coming into the US because if someone was sick and they really wanted to get into the country they could take a temperature reducing medicine like Tylenol and get in that way.......and AGAIN i was shocked..... someone would really do that?  And hubby looked at me like i was nuts and said Yeesss ofcourse they would...... I just don't think about that side of people.........aaarrgghh.. So any way If you'd like to discuss this Ebola thing feel free....... Maybe you might know something i don't know and so forth...... Lets just keep it civil...no bashing....... Lets talk people!Big Hugs!!! deb   

6 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I do think the CDC is unprepared and common sense has gone out the window. I am not worried about mass cases, but use your heads people.

CraftyViolet said...

First, thanks for picking my name as a winner! That's the second thing I won today. I left a comment on Tim Holtz blog earlier in the week and they decided to pull some names to win some T.H. products...and I won! Cool.

Ebola - too complicated for me to get into. Quite honestly if I was in charge I would halt all flights from infected countries...but alas, that is not likely going to happen. I feel bad for all those infected but it should be contained where it started.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I was just wondering if this Ebola situation is something you and Hubs disagree on. Terry and I are much the same way and don't totally agree on many things, and this is no exception.

Congrats to Crafty Violet.

Happy November 1. I have been turkey shopping already!
xx, Carol

kathyinozarks said...

excellent post-I totally agree with you and hubby and I have been discussing this nurse as well-unbelievable behavior for supposedly a "professional" she should be ashamed of herself, very selfish, and worry in the world on how she is frightening people where she lives.
I agree this is a huge wake up call that our country is not ready for something like this. another reason to validate my way of life-in the woods away from people for the most part.
I hadn't heard the story about companies making money over an epidemic here-no surprises there--and people that close their eyes and think an outbreak can not happen here-think again--this shows the terrorists this country is easy prey

Janine A said...

Ebola is a frightening disease which needs to be contained I agree. The poor people though - I do so feel for them. We are told that you can only catch it by bodily fluid exchange or actual skin contact with a symptom / ill person. In the UK screening at the airports is currently voluntary too... But then, if health care workers are so generous to help in infected communities they can hardly not be allowed back into the country I would think? Less people would volunteer if that was the case? Although of course certain measures should be in place on their return. Not sure about any specific cases but it certainly is something to think about. Containment, treatment should be a priority in my view before it becomes an even more major human tragedy. Funds and aid need to go to Africa to help them manage it and to prevent such devastation. Take care, J9 x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

You raise some very valid points on ebola, Deb. Most health workers do hold themselves to a higher standard or they wouldn't volunteer for hazardous duty. I hate conspiracy theories, so I won't comment on this one.

Violet, two wins in one day? Congratulations!