Thursday, November 6, 2014

Jinx Approved............




I should have used that picture of Jinx for Halloween with those glowing eyes. :)Spooky...See him sitting there on a heating pad...? Yeah he's in heaven


....Each one of these pictures will enlarge if you click on them. I'd like you to notice the flowers....bright orangy/red how could use miss them right?





This one in the bottom left especially...... Its the one i've used Gamsol on it.  If you enlarge the very first picture you can really tell the difference between the bottom left flower with Gamsol and the other two i haven't done yet.... LOVE how it blends all the colors together......Makes me look like i know what i'm doing... :)

If you've been following along....(read previous post) about the Shower People......here's an update........ Tues a guy came to remove the glass ...finally........ then yesterday Wed. a guy shows up to remove the marble YEAH!.... then he wanted to put a new piece right back in .......um.......no..... I told him i thought they were doing something to reinforce the floor and build up the back wall (where the crack keeps returning).....he didn't know anything about it...infact when he walked in he had to ask me what the problem was..............seriously........ So i told him i didn't think he was meant to put the new marble in right away and he called his boss and i talked to his boss and apparently somebody dropped the ball on the communication front.....So the guy took that new piece of marble back to the shop and not 20 minutes later the guy who is coordinating all of this from the company who built the house came by and i told him I saved him a piece of marble....!Because trust me they would have taken that wall right back out and do what they said they were gonna do...Grrrrr.....

So anyway after all that........they are coming today(between 8-11am) to reinforce the floor and the wall, then next week they will start putting it all back together............sheesh........ I hope your having a better week than i 'am . :)  This is posted a little early but i'll but joining with DionDior's Sketchbook Fridays...... And Paint Party Fridays........ Hugs! deb

20 comments:

Krisha said...

I really like the way the dragonfly is coming along. What are you using to color it with?

Communication? It's like customer service......a thing of the past...LOL

jinxxxygirl said...

HI Krisha!!

I'm using Prismacolor pencils... and Gamsol to blend and smooth... Do you use Prismacolor?? I'm always breaking them when i sharpen..do you have that problem? Hugs! deb

kathyinozarks said...

what a hassle for sure

The Weaver of Grass said...

I love your colourful designs.
Relax about the work you are having done - one day you will be able to look back on it and know it is over.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It just makes you wonder why the CUSTOMER has to tell the service man what he is supposed to do. That pic of Jinx is so 3D!!

Nice art project you have started.
xx, Carol

Denise said...

Thank You for all Your nice words of encouragement concerning My dishes.I feel for You with Your new bathroom troubles.It really isn't right so early in it''s life.Enjoy reading Your blog-Hugs Denise

Lori said...

Ugh. Tile doesn't crack in the same spot twice because of a problem with the tile. There just has to be clear lines of communication in companies that send out repair people. I don't get that.

Faye said...

Wow, your cat's eyes really startled me! I like your painting of the red flowers and dragonfly. And house woes and repairs never seem to stop around here.

Christine said...

painting coming along nicely! I'm all caught up now, about the shower, such terrible work on a NEW house! Hope it's fixed right this time, sounds like it.

Lynn Richards said...

Great colors-it's so intricate.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your picture with the delicate patterns, dragonfly and flowers is amazing, as are the glowing eyes of your cat! Valerie

Jeanne said...

First, just love the shot of your cat, and wow, what eyes in that shot. Sorry that your kitty is in cat heaven. I had a cat that looked just like him that lived for 18 years and was an amazing kitty.
sorry about all the problems with your remodeling. That can be very frustrating and some thing that you have to keep right on top of, or you never know what will happen. good thing that you were there and spoke up. Happy Tuesday!

Victoria said...

Beautiful dragonfly...gorgeous and magical art..amazing colors and energy! Victoria

Telva Chase said...

Krisha, I love your flowers and your dragonfly will be gorgeous when complete! As far as the shower goes - we are building a new house and you CAN NOT imagine the pains we are going through. Never again. Custom home = high price tag + even higher frustration level with contractors. With that - wishing you smooth sailing til the end of your project!

hawkes said...

This is a great piece- can't wait to see it finished. And as for Jinx - what a beautiful cat. Since I think you live in a much warmer climate than me, my two cats, Benny and Zephyr, want a play date with Jinx - at your house!

hawkes said...

...and, my prismacolor pencils break all the time. I think I will try using a knife to sharpen them.

Telva Chase said...

So sorry about the name booboo, Deb! My sincere apologies!
And so happy your shower is completed. Fingers crossed!!

Neesie said...

Gorgeous artwork Deb... love the vibrant colours ;D
It's just what I need today. We've plunged into winter today.
Oh the joys of jobs. I'm just about to start work on another fireplace. Replacing the gas fire for a wood burner. The marble is to go.
So far communications are working. I hope your everything works out well and soon for your sanity (hehe)
Enjoy your weekend xoxo

Nancy Bridges said...

Love your pretty black kitty and your beautiful dragonfly and flowers! You are scaring me because we are to have a new shower put in and I hope we don't have to face some of those problems that you are encountering. Hope they get yours fixed soon.

Gloria said...

I love your dragonfly and flowers. Is Gamsol a medium? Are you painting with oil or acrylic? Your cat looks very happy on the heating pad, I would be, too, as it is 28 degrees out tonight.
Construction repair and remodel is always traumatic!