Tuesday, November 18, 2014

War Zone................


GoodMorning my TeaPeople! I'm sitting here on a chilly November morn sipping my cup of coffee in my mermaid cup ...but this week you shall have to take my word for it as i made no attempt to take a picture of it.......... Jinx is curled up on a blanket somewhere and if he's found a warm spot i may not see him all day.........WeatherMan says we got down to 37 last night.....many more of those and this tree may not be blooming long...  Do any of you know what kind of tree this is? 

Let me tell you........the hummingbirds LOVE this tree!!! They fight over it all day long............ DiveBombing each other, buzzing and zipping here and there. ! This must be the Nectar of the Gods! So thats my drink for this week's post. :) 

It is rather susceptible to aphids.......and i've  had to fight them a few times but so far i've been successful.....   So if anybody knows the name of it please let me know. 

The Goofy Dragonfly is coming along (see header) ............. Now i have to figure out what to do about the background...... I'm always so intent upon the main figure that i forget the background......If you come back Friday i'll hold the picture up to the light and you can see where i've added some iridescent medium here and there...... I hope you have an awesome week! Linking with Ms. Elizabeth and Bleubeard..... Big Hugs! deb 

18 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I absolutely love that tree - am quite jealous of those humming birds!

Lori said...

I think that is called a strawberry tree. Does it get big red berries on it later after the blooms?

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

HMMM! I have no idea what the name of that tree is. But then, I'm from the midwest, where 37 F sounds very, very warm today. So that tree would never live for long in my area. Last night it was 6 F, and today it's downright balmy at 25 F. It's so cold in this house, my numb hands shook when I tried to take a few photos.

Bleubeard sympathizes with Jinx. He's curled up next to the portable heater as I type.

Your dragonfly is really getting there. It is starting to have that definite goofiness as promised.

Thanks for joining and sharing with us for T this Tuesday. Hope you learn the name of that tree.

Dianne said...

Envying your sunshine...and ANY kind of blooming tree right now! we are up to a balmy 18 degrees where I am!...;) happy T day! ♥

Linda Kunsman said...

Loving your colorful header Deb! I'm not good with plants and trees-but I certainly would like to know what this is and if I could grow one here in PA-just to get the hummingbirds! We do get some but only about three or four all summer despite the nectar and flowers:( And today I lost my remaining baskets and pots of flowers because our temp went into the single digits with blustering wind. Waiting for a better day to clear them away. Happy T day!

Krisha said...

I think the dragonfly is FINISHED. The white background really makes him POP with all the color around him.

I got my little piece of art yesterday......thank you
Since I know the artist my answer to your question would be 20 and up.
Happy T-day

~*~Patty S said...

Beautiful blooms on your pretty tree...the leaves remind me of Bay Leaves.
Having a tree full of aphids would creep me out.
Happy T Day
oxo

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I don't know what kind of tree that is but you are so lucky to have one that draws hummingbirds!

Your dragonfly is amazing--so bright and colorful. I would call it finished!

Btw, my Christmas Cacti are blooming also--they always do around Thanksgiving and again around Christmas.

Robyn said...

fun header!
could be
California Pepper (Schinus molle)
Evergreen tree characterized by drooping willow-like branches and distinctively knobby trunks. Yields both a reddish flowers (throughout most of the year) , and a cluster of red berries (during the cooler seasons). Originally brought to California from South America by missionaries.

Rita said...

No clue on the tree. Your dragonfly is a hoot!
Happy T-Day! :)

CraftyViolet said...

No idea what kind of tree that is either but I'm envious of all the hummingbirds you must have. We had a grand total of 2 this year in our backyard.

Love the dragonfly - he looks like he's had some happy pills for sure!

Received my beautiful beaded spider today. Thank you. Love it.

see you there! said...

Don't know what kind of tree that is but it sure is pretty. Laughed at your waffle comment to me, great minds...and all that, LOL!

Darla

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Beautiful tree! Your dragonfly is a little on the oddly whimsical side. He brought a chuckle from me! We hit a record low here yesterday and the windchill today was -5. this is January weather for us. BLAH
xx, Carol

Divers and Sundry said...

Fascinating tree. It would like it even less here. Our low last night was in the teens and the high today 41F. I'm very cold lol

voodoo vixen said...

Your header is so cute, I love it. I am no help on the tree... not a clue what it could be but I love that it is so attractive to hummingbirds... it probably wouldn't survive here in Scotland in that case!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

No clue on the tree I am afraid, but love it's berry sprays. xox

Denise Price said...

Hi, thanks for your T Day visit. I don't know what kind of tree it is, but the blossoms on it are gorgeous! They remind me of tiny lanterns. I hope you are able to find out what it's called. Happy Belated T Day!