Tuesday, December 9, 2014

SnowFlakes are Falling.............

 ..............Well not really......and if they are its only in the nearby Sierra Mtns OR inside my home.........lol.......  Please, please click on this snowflake picture to enlarge so you can REALLY see them.  I had a tough time deciding which photograph to put in the header because i wanted you to see them BOTH large. In the end i chose the white sparkly one because i'm just a glitter kinda gal.. :) 

I didn't take any step by step photos of these projects because they were really pretty easy....  The one in the header is a wood snowflake i think i bought at Michael's I painted it white and while i putting a clear coat on top i added the super fine glitter while it was wet.. I had some leftover gems from last year's project....remember this?   It will join the snowflakes i hang on my window every year.  i did not find a beaded snowflake i liked to add to my collection so this one will have to do.....

Michael's has the most spectacular collection of wooden snowflakes to decorate.......I decided to stain a bunch of them. This actually took awhile.....as the wood REALLY soaks up the stain. I thought it would only take one coat as i did not want them too dark but it actually took 3.  Then i put a clear coat on them and then used RubNBuff Gold Leaf on them. When the light hits them they are gorgeous...


Another project that has kept me busy are these angels.....7 to be exact............. I've had them a very long time........at least 15-20 years and little did i know hubby hated them all these years....lol Why he waits til NOW to tell me i have no idea......I thought maybe it had something to do what color they were. Honestly it was an ugly brown cardboard color and i had always planned on painting them SOMEDAY... well someday came this year....lol......I don't know what they are made of something really heavy duty though... with texture....Reminds me of really heavy duty cardboard but its more than that.....  SO first i painted them all a bright shiny gold then i used antique gold around the edges and finally a little warm brown around the edges......... Honestly i like how they turned out. Hubs still doesn't like them. He says its something about the head....I'm not fond of the way the head was made either ....Maybe i could decapitate it and give it a wooden head at some point.......I'll have to look into that maybe next year.... 

Using my current fav coffee cup this morning enjoying my Half Caff Folgers coffee......... I'm so sorry i'm a little late to the party this week........Its so dreary around here lately i had a hard time getting good photos. I tried to wait for the sun to peek out but with the heavy fog and storms expected i don't think thats gonna happen. :) I'm joining Ms. Elizabeth and Bleubeard for T Tuesday...won't you join us?  Hugs! deb

13 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I love that snowflake - have never seen anything like it before.

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I love the gold angel and also the snowflake in your header.

CraftyViolet said...

Love the snowflakes! They look awesome. The angel??? not so sure abut it. I agree it's the head that puts me off too....but the snowflakes more than make up for it.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Beautiful snowflakes, Deb! As far as I am concerned, fake snowflakes are the best kind! Happy T day!

Robyn said...

love the bare tree on your cup!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Those are lovely snowflakes. Glad you found some you liked. I haven't been to Michael's once this year. Not once. Looks like you made out great with these.

I see what you mean by the heads on the angels. I thought they were bottle caps until I enlarged the photo.

Thanks for sharing your snowflakes, angels, and lovely tree mug with us for T this Tuesday. Sorry I was late, too.

kathyinozarks said...

love your snowflakes-aren't projects just so much fun? I am making paper this week-too fun too

Halle said...

Beautiful...as well as the one on you header!
Happy T day on Wednesday!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Nice angels and the stars are fab- and this mug with the tree I like as well!
Fab new header!
Happy very belated T-Day!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Love the snowflakes. Mochael's is close now, but I always want to run acreaming from the store. Too much stuff. Men are so funny. Hibbies do stuff like that don't they. Never say intil totally unexpected one day. LOL

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T day on Thursday! Your snowflakes are gorgeous, all of them are. Thank you for sharing them so we can enjoy them too. Snowflakes are a favorite of mine along with snowmen.
Have a good week!

~*~Patty S said...

Those are some mighty fine and lovely snowflakes and sweet angels too!
Fa la laa
Happy December
and Happy T Friday :-)
oxo

Krisha said...

I'm SO late in getting visits returned, got distracted with some craft room cleaning which I'm still in the middle of....grin

Hope everything in your neck of the state is okay. The wind really blew here yesterday, along with the dirt. Of course it's raining now. Now the WHOLE house needs dusted.....:(

LOVE your snowflakes! I put a lot of them up this year too.....great minds.....

I vote to be-head the angels, or maybe add some hair to hide some of the head, other than that I like the gold very much.