Monday, January 26, 2015

The Missing Week........

Wowzers......... thats all i can say.....  After i wrote last week's post hubby and i got slammed! First him.... he came down with a fever   103! at one point and nausea and chills and i was like ooohhh boy we are IN for it.... cause no matter how careful we are he always 'shares' whatever he comes down with or brings home from work and i know the people at his work have been sick....  took two days then he started feeling better and noticed his left leg hurt.... I took a look at it and on his shin was a huge red area that was seriously inflamed...  

What you don't know is that the weekend before we went hiking on Mt. Diablo... I have pictures to show....they are coming promise..... He must have been scratched or stung or bit by something that he did not react well to....It was a serious infection that the Dr said we were very lucky to have caught it when we did... I can't help but wonder if the fever and nausea were all related to that... anyway as soon as hubby was on the mend ...say by Wed.... then BAM

It was my turn.... sinuses... i couldn't breathe.. it got down in my chest.... laid me out... I'am just now coming back to the land of the living. I'am so sorry i dropped the ball on the GiveAway... I want to thank everyone soooo much for all your kind words and Congrats... Paid or not it IS an exciting thing.... I have drawn two names out of the hat.... 

Ms... Violet and Ms. ...Eden . If you will please get back with me with your snail mail addy i will get your little print off to you... My email is nuleaf@comcast.net  .... You have thru Wednesday to let me hear from you ....

Okaaay business taken care of...lol .... I'm going to go back to trying to breathe thru my nose now... uuughh.... I hate it when the sinuses attack...thank goodness its not often... I have lots to share with you...... I'll be baaaackkk..... :) Hugs! deb

5 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I'm picturing you with six breathe right strips on your nose to open up your sinues. Do you know the accupressure trick? It works for me when I feel congested or have inhaled too much sawdust from house reno. xox

CraftyViolet said...

Sorry to hear of your health problems. There is so much going around it's crazy. For sinus problems I use a Neti Pot - which we call the "disgusting pot" but it works!

Thanks for drawing my name. Always happy to have one of your creations!

kathyinozarks said...

so happy you two are feeling better now-no fun at all

Eileen Bergen said...

So glad you're surfacing from the flu/cold thing and glad you caught that nasty bite in time.

My hubby got stung by an anemone once while cleaning an aquarium. It went into blood poisoning and he almost lost his hand.

Congrats to lucky ladies, Eden and Violet. It's so nice of you to give away your wonderful art, Deb. I'm a proud owner myself ;-)

Denise said...

As each Year passes I just hate getting sick more and more.I hope by now that germ is gone.Horrible scary ordeal for Your husband.I was so glad to read Your comment You left several days ago.I also just turn Brave on once in awhile for Myself.The music,Their accent and the land ,I just love those.Hugs and blessings sent Your way-Denise