Monday, March 9, 2015

A Gift........


This home we are about to leave keeps leaving me parting 'gifts'.... First a Humming Bird not only visits but nests in my front yard and lays two eggs.... AND .... the nest is at a height that i can keep a discreet watch on whats happening in the nest.... For a Hummer update scroll down to previous post.... 

Then! In the header you will some Ice Plant i planted last summer ... It did not bloom at ALL.....Then just as we get all serious about packing look what happened! Full bloom and just as gorgeous as i knew it would be...  

i hope you'll click to enlarge!

Nearly all of my art supplies are packed away but i did manage to put myself together a variety of things to keep at hand so i can still create 'something'... Above is a postcard i tore right out of my sketch book and made it work... The notebook paper is glued right to some cereal box chipboard . I used colored pencils and paint and some pearl paint for the stars so they shine... Its an idea i would like to use on a canvas some time... but made a cute little postcard for now...Its winging its way to someone's mailbox to hopefully brighten their day...


Jinx is very interested in all the going's on.... He has to be in the middle of everything... I helped him out today by plopping him down in the middle of a box of packing peanuts....It was so hilarious... he looked like he was swimming thru the peanuts to get out of the box..... OMGosh i laughed till it hurt... I know i know  poor little kitty.... But sometimes he has to entertain 'mom'.... No kitty was harmed in this adventure... and he came out as fast as he went in....lol ... Psst by the way those are biodegradable peanuts and we got them off a website called freecycle.org... we got our boxes from there too... great website.... 

Well my Tea People thats about all for this week.... Its been a little crazy around here... Hubby signed his retirement papers today....Woot woot!!  We are still packing like busy little bees... We made an offer on a house in Arkansas.... Fingers crossed... OMGoodness its a little piece of Heaven on Earth.... but.... for us its priced a little high , needs quite a bit of loving updating....And the old man who is selling it does not seem motivated... but hey.. we love it so we gotta try.... You still have everything crossed right ?  Remember its fingers, toes and eyeballs...fingers, toes and eyeballs...  And if you can still see with those crossed eyeballs hop on over to Elizabeth's and visit all the Tea Drinkers ,they are a lovely bunch. Hugs! deb

18 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Deb, I've seen ice plant in CA, but never when it was blooming. It is gorgeous. If you take some with you to AR, be sure to overwinter it indoors (needless to say).

Jinx looks like he's enjoying himself popping bubble wrap. As for those peanuts, years and years ago, I read about something you can do to turn them into a craft item once they have served their original purpose. For the life of me, I can't remember the what, how, or why.

Congrats to your hubby's retirement papers. I'll drink to that!

Thanks for joining us with your beautiful ice plant, Jinx's fun, and yo8ur drink for T this week. Keep packing, because things hopefully have a way of working out for the very best.

Ariel said...

Best wishes with your shifting plans Deb. Jinx among the bubble wrap sure looks adorable-:)
Happy T day
susan

~*~Patty S said...

Deb you certainly are energetic and getting LOTS done and Jinx helped hah!
I would be over the moon to see a hummingbird's nest with eggs too = Oh My!!!
Sweet stars you made.
Take care and don't work too hard (probably too late for that huh)
Happy T Day
oxo

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Oh wow ... amazing to see that nest!
Great star and moon page and do work to hard Deb!
xxx
Susi

Linda Kunsman said...

wow-if those flowers don't sing of summer! Your postcard is so delightful Deb. Glad you're keeping a few things out to play with. Poor Jinx, but I agree sometimes we can't help ourselves at the expense of our pets once in a while:):)How very special and lucky you are to be able to see and watch over a hummingbird nest-how I'd love to see too! Yes, everything crossed for you-good luck, and happy T day today!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a beautiful plant! I hope you get your Arkansas paradise :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

It is a little bittersweet to leave one place and go to the next. I think your ice plant is telling you something...."Don't forget to take me-e-e-e-e!"

How amazing to have a hummingbird nest close enough to watch!

I'm sure Jinx had lots of fun...just like a child with the box or wrapping paper, LOL!

Krisha said...

Well, are they saying "good bye" or are they saying "please stay"?

I would have loved to see Jinx and the peanuts, made me laugh just reading about it. They send my Posh orders in those peanuts and they are fantastic. They dissolve in water, but I keep them in a bag out in the garage to recycle. We are always needing them for something.

Love your dangled stars. Isn't that a fun technique?

Hope all the packing stays on target and that you get the place you want.......even if it is so far away ;)

The Weaver of Grass said...

Everything is crossed for you.

Lori said...

I love the ice plant! Gorgeous!

I really hope you get the house you want.

Dianne said...

oh my, what a lot of packing and not sure if you have a house to move into!? but retirement-- that sounds wonderful. Hope it's everything you've dreamed and you get to enjoy lots of adventures! fun kitty story...I've heard they really love to play in boxes...and sweet postcard. it would be so hard to do without art supplies, even for a few weeks! good for you for thinking ahead. :) happy T day!

Art and Sand said...

Congrats on your husband signing his retirement papers. I have to say that retirement is wonderful! I try not to talk about it to people who still work because it just makes them feel badly.

Thanks for the sweet comment on my latest post!

Carol said...

Loved the cat story!!! As a cat lover and owner I can totally relate :) I also love Freecycle. Have used it for several years to get things and give away things.
Good luck with the moving and the retirement life. I know I'm enjoying my semi-retirement immensely ♥

CraftyViolet said...

Love how you put together a postcard so quickly! Looks great....and the flowers are gorgeous. Our lawn is still under a couple feet of snow but it has melted around the house and I can see the spring bulbs starting to pop up. We usually have snow drops blooming by now but too much snow even for them.

Hope you get the house you want. Having to do get it up to your standards will keep the hubs from being bored! Good luck.

see you there! said...

Blossoms and hummers. You are indeed being given parting gifts. Hope the house you want to buy works out.

Darla

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Fingers crossed! Lots going on for you, we can relate.
we are now on pur retirement home, just not retired yet. xox

Lorraine said...

love your leaves

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

"No kitty was harmed in this adventure" ROFLOL.