Thursday, March 19, 2015

Birth Announcement !!!

Okay everyone together now.... AAaaaawwwww...... LOL! Well... i don't know is any naked baby bird really 'cute'...?? :) I thought you'd want to see this ...One baby totally out of its shell and you can see a little hole started on the second one... Oh i hope they make it!Wouldn't that be wonderful?! Two brand new baby Hummers in this world...

Lets see if my calculations are right it took about 3 weeks for the eggs to hatch... They have about 2.5 weeks before we move and when we pack the truck there is no helping us passing by that tree while we load the truck... Hopefully Momma Hummer will tolerate us and not abandon the nest...... She 's been so good about it... What a treat this has been.... 

An update now for my Tea Peeps .....You must know i'am nearly done packing when i tell you i have packed the coffee cup collection.. lol ... I've kept out a not so favorite cup to use until we get moved and settled so if something should happen to it i will not be heartbroken ..... But all the rest are safely bubble wrapped and paper wrapped  and tucked safely away in a box labeled 'fragile'... 

Please click to enlarge.............
There's been some painting going on .... Can you tell? Look closely along the top and right hand side... I've finally taken a deep breath and plunged into working on the blue. Its probably difficult to tell but i've been having great fun watering down the acrylic paint and using it like water color.... getting it to flow and blend has been a wonderfully fun and learning experience.....I'm a little further along than this picture shows... I've finished across the top and most of the way down the left side..... I will hate to pack it away this coming weekend... I may get one more Tea Tuesday with Elizabeth and Gang before i'm missing in action ....... I hope Spring is knocking on your door... ! Hugs! deb

24 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

very awesome Deb-we have loads of little hummers here that arrive mid April but I have yet to see their nests with babies up close. a nice treat for you. have you sold your home? hope so when we retired soon after the economy crashed and 10 years later we still can't sell-such a bummer for us-hope you sell yours with no problems

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Oh my sooooo tiny. Hope they fledge and live a happy life. xox

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

How cool!! We have lots of hummers at our feeders every year, but I have never seen a nest. But my yard is home to several blue bird broods a year so that makes me so so happy!

Moving in 2-1/2 weeks....time is flying!
xx, Carol

The Weaver of Grass said...

Every mother thinks her baby is perfect.

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

They are so cute. We use to have a family on our backporch a few years ago. I love watching them grow and fly away.

CraftyViolet said...

Our hummingbirds don't get to Ontario until May or later...they come up from South America. Lucky you getting to see some hatch. Awesome.

By the way, thank you for the beautiful postcard I received today. It is lovely. I posted it on my blog and asked my readers to check out your blog. My sister was here when it came and she was in awe of your talent.

Lori said...

What a treat indeed!

Neesie said...

Nature at it's best Deb, even when there's no feathers involved ;D
It never ceases to amaze me and I'm sure Mum will be tolerant.
Have fun watching their development.
xoxo

Rian said...

Hi! Just stopped by via Deb's site to see the hatching hummingbirds! Great pic! Will be back to surf your site more later.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Awww, I don't care if they're naked. Seeing newborns of any species is always like witnessing a miracle.

What a great collection of coffee cups!

Bridget Larsen said...

So cute, what boggles me is how they build the nest round with only their beaks, the wonders of nature
Bridget #3

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh how very special to find a hummingbird nest and watch the eggs hatch! In a few weeks I will be putting out our hummingbird feeder in the hopes of having some again this year. Best of luck with your move and hope to see you back once you're settled in. You will be missed. Happy T day!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

What a treat to see these hummingbird babies born! Thank you for sharing the nest and your beautiful blue art. Book luck with your move.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never seen a real hummingbird, so seeing them as they are born was a real treat for me. I really enjoyed this, as well as the way you managed to get a photo of those mugs even as you were packing them. Clever YOU!

Thanks for joining in for T this week with your lovely nature photo and your mugs. I hope you'll have time to sneak in a T or two before you leave, but if not, hope the trip is stress free.

Karla B said...

What a lovely nest!It's a treasure. Wonderful art too!Happy T day!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Amazing nest! Love it! Hope everything will get well with them and the same for your move! Good luck!
xxx
Susi

TwinkleToes2day said...

Most definitely an 'Awww' moment, but as you say, are baby birds ever cute?! Lol
I can't imagine how small it must be, as Hummers are very small anyway, am I right? I do hope mama bird hangs in there and learns to understand you're up to no mischief with all the to-ing and fro-ing on moving day.
Oooh, your mug collection is very covetable, I can see, oh, at least four that I would snaffle without a backward glance, lol. Joking! I would look back - to see how close you were, haha!
Your painting is looking very good and I love the pattern very much.
Happy T Day {{hugs}} Mo

Krisha said...

I can't believe the "move" is already here!

The baby hummer is something else nature has giving you as a good bye gift.

Love the painting and the pattern is fantastic.

Make sure you send me your new address!!

Halle said...

That is so cool about the baby birds!! They definitely aren't very cute as fresh hatchlings but it won't be long before they'll be all downy.
Packing...then unpacking. Two horrible tasks. It's then you rally see how much stuff you own. :)
Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

Congratulations on your sweet baby birds!

I know how you feel about your cups and mugs. Each one has memories attached. It'll be fun unpacking them in your new place

Rita said...

Yes! I hope everything works out so that there are two more little hummers in the world. And I hope the move goes well. Smart lady to not keep out a favorite cup. ;) Happy T-Day! :)

Carol said...

Oh they are so precious!!! I never get to see the nest here as when I do find them they are always to far up in the tree to see inside. Sounds like the moving is really coming along. I forget where you said you're moving to. But best of luck !!!

Dianne said...

the acrylic painting is fabulous! I think there will be even more movement when you complete the shading. Beautiful!

Jeanne said...

How amazing to see these hatching. Did I tell you that my cabin is right on the Arkansas border. Who knows, maybe we will run in to each other. How exciting that your husband has retired. Know that must be an adjustment though, especially when you love what you do. Congratulations to him !