Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Kids... they grow up so fast....

Look at that! Barely a week old and the two of them fill the nest. Look at all that fuzz!!  Momma Hummer is certainly doing a great job... They look so big here in this picture... the way they fill the nest .... but they are ooohhh so tiny.  Hubs and i want to find a way to give you some kind of reference in the next photo ... the last photo actually before we move.  We are going to wait until later in the week ...maybe we'll hold a coin up there or something......


Oh my the house is feeling empty.... We had a few friends come over this past weekend and help us carry the heavy stuff from upstairs and move it downstairs..... We left a mattress up there and a few things in the bathroom.... Kinda feels like camping......Very 'posh' camping that is......... 


The last of the craftroom... the chair looks kinda forlorn in there doesn't it?... I have never lived in such a nice house before... not growing up or all the years of my marriage... Living in this brand new house has been a pleasure.  And i have to say i've been a little bit spoiled..... Until this house i've never had a dishwasher... never really wanted one.. Um... i love my dishwasher now.. :)  I call her my maid... she helps me out so i can go do something else.. :) Yep spoilt..... Then theres the whole separate tub and shower... yep love that too......... spoilt i tell you... But there is so many things about this house that is not us............ Its too new... it has no character...not history.... no little quirks.... Its so new that in some aspects i'm afraid to touch it...  i don't want to 'mess it up'...  I want a house that if i want to paint a mural on the wall that i feel free to do that...... I'm hoping this next house will do that for me.... 

Ofcourse the coffee pot and cup were left out for the time being... So i could join my Tea Buddies over there at Elizabeth's and Bleubeard's T stands for Tuesday party.......  If you could read the time on the coffee pot you'd see it was 4am this morning.... I saw hubby off on his last Monday of work before retiring... I got him to pause at the door for a moment and take it all in.....before he walked out....Last Monday commute (80 miles roundtrip Mon - Fri), Tomorrow will be his last day of work period... I will go to work with him. The people he works with are having a pot luck lunch for him....Isn't that nice?? He touched alot of lives working here in CA for three years.. helped alot of Veterans which makes him feel good... Retirement is kind of bittersweet for him....... But he's ready... oh so ready...... And so am i... ready to have him all to myself....The stress of the last three years has really taken alot out of him... I see it... and i think he does too...... its time...   

The house we have our eye on in Arkansas is in the final stages... It has passed the inspections now it has to make appraisal...... which will happen sometime this week...  If it doesn't appraise for what the owner wants then he has to be willing to accept less......If not we will walk away...... This house is a 1975 fixer upper.....and we have doubts it will appraise for what he wants.... but fingers crossed... cause we really really love it...... I will tell you more about it once we know if we have it or not... no sense in getting your hopes up too...lol  Sorry i'm a little long here........Next Tuesday i will be on the road headed to Arkansas.....so ......... i probably will not get to post here for T Tuesday..... I'm not sure just when i will be set up again to post so 'Until we meet again my friends'!!  Big big hugs! deb

22 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

They certainly fill that nest Jinxy - surely they will not be all that long before they fly.

Victoria said...

Oh, they're so sweet! I've never seen hummingbird babies before...thanks for posting these photos.

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

They do grow up so fast. I wished our little bird family would have come back. We enjoyed them for two years.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh Wow!! thanks for the update. My bluebirds are just now starting the nest. I am so blessed to have those cheerful little birds share our space.
xx, Carol

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

OMGosh, they may be flying the coop before you do!

CraftyViolet said...

What a thrill that must be to be able to watch them grow! Nice going away present from Calf.

kathyinozarks said...

this is so fun for you-I bought my first 25 pound bag of sugar waiting for ours to arrive-usually around april 15th here

TwinkleToes2day said...

Crikey they sure DO grow fast, there was only one out if his shell last time I looked, lol.
Posh camping - glamping - sounds like fun. At least you won't get wet if it rains. lol
I'll keep my fingers crossed the appraisal goes you way.
Happy T Day Debs :o))

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh how precious are those fledglings-and how special for you to witness it all. Big congrats on your hubby's retirement and last day!! That was some commute. My hubby has a 45 min drive each way and is so looking to retire one day sooner rather than later. Time for you and hubby to reap the rewards of a life of work. Wishing you all the best in getting your dream house. Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Adorable photo of the babies. They will be on their way soon, I'm sure.

Retiring is bittersweet. When I did my internship at an AT&T manufacturing facility in Omaha, it seemed like every other week, someone was retiring. Most of the facility's employees had been there since the startup in 1969 or 70. They had transferred from the company that made telephones until then. It was called Western Electric and I was told almost everyone in the US rented a Western Electric phone until the late 60s.

Back to my tale, each person who retired got a going away party supplied by the company. There were a few people who sometimes brought in pot luck items, but for the most part, the company paid for the going away ceremony and dinner which was extended for an hour (rather than 1/2 hour) for the meal and celebration.

I was quite impressed with the attitude of the retirees and learned, just from talking to a few who were nearly ready to retire, that they had already MENTALLY retired. These were not people who wished they could stay a few more years, but who, once they were eligible to, were EAGER to retire. Sorry for the rant, but just had to let you know since your hubby retires at the end of the week.

Now I'm ready for that coffee you just made (grin). Thanks for sharing, and I can't wait for you to learn about your new home and share it (and your fixer-upper) with us for T very, very soon.

Carol said...

They are so precious!!! Thank you so much for sharing the photos I'll have to look harder for the nest this summer ...our won't be arriving for a couple of weeks yet.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a tiny nest that makes the hummingbird babies look so big lol.

I look forward to hearing all about you getting settled in to your new digs. Happy Retirement!

~*~Patty S said...

Oh how exciting Deb here you are at this big crossroads of leaving and beginning anew!
Your hard work is paying off and new and wonderful adventures await you.
I almost squealed when I saw your hummingbirds. OH MY SO precious!
Fun to see your cups stacked up in last week's T post too.
You and hubbie take good care.
I look forward to when you're settled and posting from your new home!
Brightest of Blessings to you ♥
oxo

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Leaving will be bittersweet, but you certainly sound ready for the adventure and the next chapter in your lives. Thanks for another peak at those cute hummers. Be safe and lots of luck with the house and move!

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day! What cute babies, love this picture. They do grow up so fast.

Loved reading your thoughts on the house and especially the being to new. I'd like a older home too and mess it up, made me nervous for the first few years when we got this brand new house. It feels like home now but an older house would be even better.

Good luck on your move, drive, paperwork. Exciting times ahead!

CONGRATS! On the retirement, how wonderful to finally have him all to yourself. I can't wait for my hubby to retire also. Best wishes for the two of you in this new phase.

Thanks for sharing!

see you there! said...

Big hugs back to you Deb. California's loss as you move away but I'm anxious to see where you end up. Hope the house you want is yours soon.

Darla

Dianne said...

a bittersweet post my dear...loved the part about hubby taking a last look around the house before leaving for his last day of work. it does look empty, but sounds like you are ready for the new chapter. Looking forward to hearing about your new home and how it goes. I would be missing my craft supplies like crazy with everything packed up. Good Luck!! it will all work out for the best!

Halle said...

They are definitely looking cuter now that they are fuzzy. You can almost see the iridescence of they feathers starting...or my eyes are playing tricks on me.
Good luck with the house!
Happy T day!

Rita said...

Oh, I hope you get a picture of the hummer babies before you leave. Moving is such a huge shift in life. I hope you get the house you want and enjoy retirement to the hilt!! Good luck with the move!! Hope to see you again soon and hear everything went well. Happy T-Day! :)

Bridget Larsen said...

I know exactly how you feel, I've done the move 5 times in 14 years, the highs and the lows. Sadness for leaving the place, happiness for the new place. I like you had a brand new house I didnt want to touch for fear of breaking the paint LOL. then I got over it and enjoyed it, then I moved into a very old house and throroughly enjoyed the creaking floor boards and the character that came with it. Both were good but nothing beats a lived in house

Hope you find that dream house and I can wait to follow your journey.

All the best
xoxoxox

Krisha said...

Happy Trails to you and your hubby.
Sound like you are both ready for a new beginning. Looking forward to seeing your new home and surroundings.

Jeanne said...

How amazing to be able to see those hummers as babies. We have lots of hummers around our cabin, but have never had the privelege of seeing a nest or babies. Hope that all will go well on your Arkansas house. It is a great place to live.