Monday, March 2, 2015

Taking a Break.......



I'm taking a break......  i don't care what the 'task master' says (aka. hubs)..... Boy when he gets a bug to do something its best either A. get out of the way or  B. go with the flow............. I tried my best to do one of those two things this past weekend when hubby got the bug to get some things packed... lol   But i HAD to visit with my tea drinkers today....  and i HAD to show you my little birdies!!! Aren't they adorable???  I found them at Michael's ....i GOTTA stay out of that place...it just gives me more things to pack!!! These little guys were like $2-$4 THEN 50% off that!!! I couldn't resist....  I can just picture them along a window sill in the new house....Hubs thinks i'll find them all along the floor after Jinx swats them off.... better make sure its a windowsill over carpet..lol 


I've also fit in some painting .... I'd about given up on this painting... if you click and enlarge the one above you will see lots of streaks .  Thats the Martha Stewart pearl paint.... and no mater how many coats i put on the streaks wouldn't go away and i . did. not. like. them.  THEN!


I had an epiphany...   simple really..... i could kick myself it took me so long to realize my problem.... I added a little water to the paint... just a little , too much and you lose the pearl effect .... Then use quite a bit of paint on your brush when you apply... don't be skimpy.... and more or less dab it on not pull it in a streak but dab...  Its difficult to tell by the pics... I tried and tried to get good pics but the camera was NOT having that pearl effect....  I'm really happy with how it is working out now so i will play with this until a few day before we leave then i will let dry and pack it.... 



Just evidence of more packing.......   Looks like the day we pull away will be April 5 or 6th..... knock on wood.....  Well i guess i 've had enough of a break...need to get supper started soon and i'd like to pack another box or two before i get started...   Boy this is slow going.... Hugs! deb



18 comments:

Robyn said...

Love the birds- I had quite a collection before I moved and then they did not make the cut.
slow ans steady! Brill idea to help the paint.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I don't envy you the job of moving. Seems like you just moved, and now you're uprooting yourself again. I bet you'll be happy when this is all over.

I really like the birds. The blue ones caught my eye, of course. They are stunning.

Thanks for joining in for T this week, even though you had to take time away from packing to do so. it was definitely appreciated.

CraftyViolet said...

My hubs is the same way - if we start something, we HAVE to finish it....well, that's his rule but I've put my foot down too - when I'm hungry, I'm stopping for food!

Love the birds!!! I've seen a few videos of cats that just bat things off shelves so hubs has a good point there. Hope they survive!

Linda Kunsman said...

I know I wouldn't have been able to resist a few of those adorable birds either:):) Thanks for sharing your great find on taming the paint strokes. Best of luck with continued packing, but a break is always a good thing:) Happy T day!

gamma3 said...

just can't get over the humming bird, and right out side the door. and the cute little ceramic ones too. they look really good next to your mug. now...when you do start for home will it be to the top of texas or sweep down a little? do you know what city will be called home? i will forgive you for the boxes in the pictures. good luck with packing.

Krisha said...

Cute birds, you might try a little of that clay they say to use for earthquakes.....I can't remember the name of it. But it might help with the Jinx control at the new house.

Where are you moving to?

Happy T-day

J9sHappiness said...

I love those birds and couldn't have resisted them either!! I have about 3 different china birds which are really cute and find homes all around the house! Good luck with the packing, J9 x

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Gosh, this move is coming fast!! A month away. Seems like you just mentioned that you were moving in the Spring. Gosh I love the birds. I need to get out more. We have been holed up in this house trying to avoid the frigid weather...yes frigid. Totally out of season. Should be in the 40s. Right now its 26 with zero tonight.

Ok, carry on your box filling. LOL
xx, Carol

~*~Patty S said...

Glad you came up for air and a visit from all of that hard work. Balance is tricky in a normal day ... you all take care!
Wishing you a Happy T Day and a Happy March too.
Your birds sure willlook sweet on your new windowsill...exciting times ahead!
oxo

Halle said...

Glad you got your painting problem figured out. Don't you want to just slap your forehead when you discover the simple solution...that's always how I feel. :)
Happy T day...good luck packing!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Packing is such a chore isn[t it. The trouble is that the more carefully you pack the better it is at the other end when you come to unpack. Best of luck with it all.

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

Love your new header. My Hubby would agree with you, but in our case I am the one that is the task master. When moving you need to take breaks or it will try you crazy.

Divers and Sundry said...

I have a bird very similar to your blue and tan one that I keep on a book shelf. Sweet little things. :) Good luck with your move. It always takes me longer than I think it will, but you look like you're making great progress!

Lorraine said...

that jug and birds are lovely..my husband calls my collection of things tat..but they make me happy;)

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

The pearl paints never show up well I find, anything glittery gets lost. Cute birds, but Michael's give me the willies. Too much stuff. xox

Dianne said...

I totally agree that those birdies are adorable! I love a bargain...and you'll enjoy them in your new place. once you find them. looks like lots of boxes!

Carol said...

I LOVE your little birds and that cup too!I have a few of them from Michael's and I love them. It's so hard not to buy more so I understand. Working with pearls and metallic can be so frustrating and very hard to photograph. They are beautiful once they are done :)
Good luck with the packing!!!!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Wonderful birds are these... take a break whenever it is needed..right so!

Wishing you the best for all Sweetie!