Monday, April 6, 2015

Channeling 'I Dream of Jeannie'.......

click to enlarge


Its early Saturday morning...... the house is quiet...everything packed ... upstairs is empty.. downstairs is just crazy for lack of a better word.... the frig has been emptied... the washer drained and left to dry..... donuts and coffee and sodas ready for the helpers...the truck is parked out front......And soon all this ... will be in there... somehow... Wish i could just fold my arms and blink or wriggle my nose and it would be done but nope... there' some manual labor involved..lol

click to enlarge
I got up early to enjoy the peace before the storm which is something i tend to do before a planned crazy day... It centers me... Allows me to be a better me in a stressful situation.....  I also got up to enjoy the Lunar Eclipse... The Blood Moon.... It was beautiful. I always like to think of our ancestors...... you know waaaay back before they knew what such things really were and how awe inspiring and fearful it must have been to see the moon darken and turn red.....

And i wanted one more chance to write a post and visit with my Tea People before the computer desk top gets packed this morning.... I'm not sure how things will work on the laptop. I never use it except when we travel....But i'm hoping i can at least use it to hook up to the tea party if i already have the post written... We'll see...

These hummer pics were taken early last week. I had hubby take a few more Friday and i will post them when we get settled. You can definitely see the iridescence in their feathers starting in the pics i will show you then. Its amazing how messy it is getting around the nest... I don't think mom can fit in the nest anymore so she sits around the nest and poops...uuughh.. thanks mom.... :) Well everyone its time to start waking up the household... Stay safe and i'll see you on the flip side.... Hugs! deb

14 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Have a safe trip, friend. It seems like such a short time ago you announced your move. Another Adventure!!
xx, Carol

Rian said...

Love the hummingbird pics! Haven't been reading your site long enough to know where your moving, but I'm sure you will keep your blog updated. I will surf around it a bit more and become more informed. Have a safe trip!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Very best wishes for the flip side.

CraftyViolet said...

Safe travels and hope all goes well with your move. Love the hummingbird photos and so happy you got to see them grow before you left. I forgot about the lunar eclipse - darn! Oh well, I've seen an eclipse in the past.
Looking forward to posts from your new digs!

Linda Kunsman said...

Awe!! Can't wait to show hubby these:) Just started putting out more feeders-and will get the sugar water made for the hummingbirds this week. It is amazing too to look at the wonders in the sky and just think about it all. Best of luck with your move and a happy T day!

Bridget Larsen said...

I wanted to subscribe to your blog but you dont have a subscribe button Sniff sniff.
Now that was bad planning on that mother bird to build such a small nest. Wonder what they think when they build it-"I'm gong to have midget birds"?
Happy shifting, will look forward to reading more of your move, seeing as I am usually the one moving most of the time.
xoxoox

~*~Patty S said...

That certainly IS a full nest of hummers...too too cute.
Happy for you that all the packing up is behind you...rest up for the next phase of getting settled in your new and exciting surroundings dear Deb.
Sending all good wishes your way
Take Care
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful final post before your next stage of your life's adventure. I look forward to greeting you in Arkansas. You'll sure be a lot closer to me (grin).

Glad you shared this lovely photo. What an amazing transformation. Thanks for visiting from the road to share with us for T this week.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Wow, I was really blown away by the size of the hummingbird nest, even though my mind knows these are tiny creatures!

I'm glad you had a chance to stop in and say hello today. Wishing you a happy safe move!

Halle said...

I love that you used a coin for scale! They are so tiny!!
Good luck with the move. Looking forward to seeing your new space.
Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

Birds are so beautiful, but sooooo messy! lol

I look forward to hearing your move went well :)

Carol said...

Best of luck with all of the move!!! Thanks for sharing the Hummingbird photos and can;t wait to see the ones you are saving back :) Looking forward to post on the new home and all the moving adventures.

Rita said...

The babies will back themselves up and poop over the edge of the nest, too--LOL!
I hope you have a safe trip. Too bad we all can't wiggle our noses to tackle the big projects. Moving is an especially big one. Best of luck!!
Happy T-Day! :)

Dianne said...

oh...good luck dear! hoping the move goes well and smoothly!