Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Home.........


Hi Everybody!!!
I have so much i want to show you and tell you....  and i wanted to tell you a proper story .. you know... start at the beginning .. but i think that would take to long.... What i think i'll do is show you blips of the what led up to us getting in the house but still keep you current... 


We have been in the house going on two weeks now... still cleaning.. still unpacking .. still introducing ourselves to the house that i affectionately call an 'Aging Disco Queen'.... She was built in 1975


While searching for houses in the area on the internet she immediately caught my eye... She is about 1/4 mile from the lake..a huge lake... and 12 miles from town... right on the edge of state park... 



The previous owner was not particularly happy about selling... It had been off and on the market for about 9 years... I think we were just the only ones that stuck it out when he gave them alot of himming and hawing... He is 89 years old and his children wanted him to live closer to them... The day we signed the papers felt like we had climbed a huge mountain....



She needs alot of TLC.... We want to help her reach this century but still retain some of her charm....Right now just two weeks in she is giving us plumbing trouble... RotoRotor is here as we speak... I hope its nothing too serious... I had a talk with her.... this house... and explained things to her ... how we'd like to fix her up to look like new but she has to work with us... we only have so much money.... money i'd rather spend elsewhere on her than her plumbing... Maybe she was listening... 



I love all the pine trees .... and the man left some humming bird feeders AND some humming birds we have all been enjoying including Jinx... Deer visit our yard daily bring their fawns..squirrels and every kind of bird imaginable.... many i have no clue what they are... This beautiful bird with a pale yellow chest sings the most beautiful clear song in the mornings....

It was so important to me for hubby to have a workshop.... The combination of things we wanted believe it or not was difficult to find here........... We wanted land... at least 5 acres.... a workshop for hubby.... a decent house.... quiet...no close neighbors.... And when i saw this house i just knew this was it... We could be happy here........When things slow down... still feel like we are running around like chickens with our heads cut off........ The house was horribly dirty inside.... think elderly bachelor man living alone... 
Next time i'll bring you inside.... Its so nice to be sitting here making a post with PICTURES...another step toward normal... 

I'll be linking with Ms.Elizabeth and Bleubeard and the Tea Drinkers... My lack of drink i hope will be excused this week as i get my act together...But i so wanted to connect up with everyone and say  'Hi' and that i'm still alive and hope to join everyone on a regular basis soon... AND i just KNEW you'd want to see the house... :)  You can't see me but i'am toasting you with my cup of coffee this morning!  Hugs! deb  

PS... updated hummingbird pic in the header.... thats the last pic of the CA hummingbirds we took just before leaving.. see how you can see the iridescence coming in on their feathers... what a lovely green...  

19 comments:

Estelle's said...

Congratulations on your home sweet home! It sounds like you found the one you love..half the battle! Cannot wait to see more...looks like a great home!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm so happy for you that it worked out for the sale to go through. I'm in Memphis, so you've moved closer to my area of the country. I'm in the city with only a patio and no yard, so I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your place :)

Congratulations!

Krisha said...

I'm so excited for you both. What is not to like about this place.....I'm in love with it and I haven't been through the front door yet....(grin)
I'm sure your tarnished beauty queen has listened and wants to be polished back to her former beauty.
Looking forward to more photos of your new digs.
Happy T-day

TwinkleToes2day said...

Ahh, Debs I'm so happy for you. From the description of where you are, the surroundings and wild visitors it sounds like you have my dream home/location right out of my head. 'Cheers' to you (with my coffee here), and many many blessings on you, your hubs and the beautiful duchess of a home. Happy Happy T Day {{Hugs}} xox

~*~Patty S said...

How very exciting and wonderful to be so close to a lake too in your lovely new house!
How fitting about the hummingbird connection too with you being a magnet and all :-)
Congrats Deb
and Enjoy ♥ Enjoy your new home sweet home
Happy T Day
Thanks for popping by my Magpie's Nest
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad you joined us with an update. Also delighted to read about and SEE the house. Actually, your house is MODERN compared to mine, which was built in 1920. So I look forward to seeing more and more as the weeks roll by.

You may always have plumbing problems because of all those gorgeous trees. Trust me, I know. Since hubs is so handy, he should buy a small electric roto rooter the next time you have a problem. They used to sell them for about 200 dollars and that is probably close to what you will pay for the roto work you are having done today. I hope your hubby watches and finds out where the external pipe inlet/outlet is. Once he knows that, he can run the roto rooter from there. Yep, been there done that for YEARS when I lived in SW MO.

Thanks for joining us for T this Tuesday. I'll raise my mug of coffee and share in the joy you have from this disco queen!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Congrats on finally moving in. Hope there are no septic issues or is it town stuff. I bet it needed cleaning, and then cleaning again. We just tour ours all out since is was sooooo old and nasty. Now the house is smiling, sounds like you are trying to make this place smile too, and you will. Lovely setting, that's for sure and looks like upkeep at least on the outside is ok. Keep us posted. xox

Denise Price said...

Happy T Day and congratulations on your new home!!! Hope the plumbing issues ended up being not too bad.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Congratulations! The house is really lovely--can't wait to step inside! It sounds like you were able to fulfill most if not all of your wishes. The rest just takes time and elbow grease. And you will have hummers again, YAY!

Lori said...

Congratulations on the house! Glad you are settling in so well :D

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh!! You died and went to heaven!! She looks much like the house Terry and I bought new in 1974. I'll let you know when I see pics of the inside. I loved that house but my mother in law lived in the next block which caused me to give Terry an ultimatum...Realtor or Attorney. Then when we found this house....Mother in law moved two blocks away. New Ultimatum. Privacy Fence or Realtor....The fence was a lot less expensive...lol

I am so happy that you found such a wonderful place.
xx, Carol

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Wishing you happiness in your new home. It sounds perfect and looks beautiful. I know you'll have fun fixing it up and look forward to seeing more photos.

Carol said...

What a lovely house and the grounds look great too. Can't wait to see more see what all you do with it. We will probably be building a "workshop/garage" for the husband soon too. He needs his "MAN CAVE" !

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I thought the last paragraph was a separate post and saw only the last photo. Silly me.

The pine trees bordering the driveway - oh my. You probably marvel at them every time you drive in. Hummingbirds there to greet you - how neat. Six acres around you and yet you're not too far from civilization.

I can see hummingbirds feeding outside my window right now. From now on, they'll make me think of you ;-)

kathyinozarks said...

so happy to read you are in your home-sounds perfect and when our wildlife do not come for a visit I miss them-they seem like family now, yours will too

CraftyViolet said...

Congratulations! So glad you stuck with the seller until he caved! Sad for him that he had to leave his house but at his age, I'm sure his children are happy he closer to them. That place is something that I would want for a home as well. Love the trees and that animals and birds are all around you and hubby has a man-cave workshop to keep him out of your hair....I mean to have him do his own thing.

I agree with the lady that said to buy a rotor rooter. With that many trees it will pay for itself in no time.

Looking forward to seeing the inside! Enjoy!

see you there! said...

So excited for you. The place looks lovely and it sounds like it met all your wants and needs. Lifting my cup to you with a toast to your move being over.

Darla

The Weaver of Grass said...

It looks a happy house Jinxy - take it steady - I shall drink to your happiness there with mycup of tea right now.

Halle said...

Oh...nice workshop area...now I see why you got the garage space for crafting!! And in Arkansas it will remain warm enough. We have to run a the garage furnace to do anything in the winter out there and that really takes a big stab into the gas bill!!