Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Art Infusion......


This blog needed an art infusion! So i apologize for the crappy photography... I haven't quite figured out the lighting in this new house but i wanted to show you that some drawing and doodling has been happening during the transition...  Infact its pretty much all i've been able to do art-wise .. my journal has seen lots of attention... In the above picture i'm fascinated with dangle doodling... I don't quite have the hang of it but i had a lot of fun...In reality those colors are alot brighter... 


Each and everyone of these photos will enlarge if you click on them and i hope you do... On this page i wanted to try my hand at drawing a fairy.. I SO don't do people but thats what an art journal is for IMHO is to experiment and play... there are no mistakes in my art journal... Its where i work out ideas and techniques... That sometimes transfer to a new project... Never fear you will see this fairy again.. the possibilities for her wings seem endless to me.. If you only knew how hard i worked on those hands...  I started with the wing on the right.. it was sooo not going right so tried a different idea on the left wing... and the glitter coming out of her hands ... i had to make that show up better.... trials and tribulations... all FUN! The quote... ' Its not about the color of your wings.... Its all about the fairy dust' ... Just something that popped in my head... doesn't sound 'quite' right but its a work in progress..




I wanted to make up some MailArt postcards to announce my new address....... so i doodled 4 different houses... I'm using a new to me paint set that was gifted to me a couple years ago.. I used it for the background and the smoke from the chimney ... I didn't realize when the white dried it would be sooo opaque so the smoke is a little too heavy handed for me because i kept adding more and MORE white... uughh... But in the end i made it work...  The house itself is colored with colored pencil then cut out and glued on... I apologize for the glare at the bottom...sigh..And again i feel it is brighter in person... I forgot to take pictures of the other three postcards.....Maybe the recipients , if they read this, can help me out? However i do have a copy of the black and white drawings .. i think... I'll post them when i find them ....lol

And last but NOT least... I'am linking up with Elizabeth's T stands for Tuesday... Where a wonderful group of ladies get together to talk about their day... their artistic endeavors... whats in their tea cup or glass or mug or just about anything... just something drink related... This here is a coffee mug i picked up at the Ghiradelli factory in Manteca , CA... just a hop skip and a jump from where i lived.... They don't produce the chocolate there ... its only a distribution point but they do have a little store and cafe where you can buy a $10.00 chocolate sundae.... did i? Oh yes i did ... :) 

I hope you had a fabulous weekend and your week is off to an auspicious start... Lots , lots going on around here... I'm ready for the merry go round to stop any time now... but i know it won't for quite some time as we just made some decisions that will keep us in disarray for an extended period of time... but we are determined to make sure the bones of the house are in the best working order we can manage..... so we can enjoy the rest of retirement... Please check out Elizabeth's Tea Gang! We'd love to have you!  

19 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful doodling Missy!!!
This time of year there seems to be so much to do and you have moving into a new house to add to your list.
Enjoy * Enjoy
Happy T Day
oxo

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Great artwork! Love it!
Happy T-Day!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

All your doodles look really nice, but I am in love with those dangling ones!!! Your header is especially nice, too.

The handmade postcards are a clever way to announce your move.

Divers and Sundry said...

You'll love getting your new home just like you want it! "Home is where the heart is" indeed. So true :)

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

ooh fun new sketches. You are back in the swing in your new home. xox

Linda Kunsman said...

Deb, your dangle art is amazing! I also love your sweet fairy with her back toward the viewer-she turned out beautifully. Perfect card for your new home announcement. Glad to see how much art you're getting in despite all the work of a new move. Happy T day!

Viktoria Berg said...

I was so amazed coming here for the first time, your blog certainly makes an impression from the first colourful inch (even took a look at your shop before I started reading), and the first line in your post made me laugh so hard: "This blog needed an art infusion!"

After seeing all the gorgeous art journals on my T-Day round I want to start one too!

TwinkleToes2day said...

Well I sure don't like spiders but I DO like your doodled one! All your dangles are awesome. Funnily enough I've been having a go myself lately but they're not in your class at all. Baby steps ;)
Your New Home postcard idea is excellent. I do hope your friends post photies and share with us ;) Happy Skippy T Day :D xox

The Weaver of Grass said...

I love your doodles - they are so vibrant.

Halle said...

Love the doodles! Very fun and colorful!
Happy T Day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your blog definitely got an art infusion today. These are all just wonderful, especially since I don't doodle.

I had to laugh at the cost of the sundae. I know Ghiradelli is expensive, but that rather shocked me. Glad you shared the experience, though.

Sorry I'm so very late visiting this week. I started having internet problems early this morning. Thanks for sharing your GORGEOUS art and your lovely Ghiradelli mug with us for T this Tuesday. Now I'm hungry for chocolate!

Dianne said...

So impressed that you had time to do any art work with cleaning and so on...lovely work! Can't wait to see your craft room when it's done!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Love it all! Especially your mail art announcements. Of course you would think to do THAT because you are so darn creative!!
xx, Carol

kathyinozarks said...

the first one is my favorite and perhaps inspiration for making wind chimes in the future?

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love 'em all, Deb. The dangles are really neat. Please do more of those! You give such neat twists to things from nature - like the swirly feather - that it puzzles me why the Fairy's hands bother you: 1. They look fine to me and 2. Fairies aren't real so their hands can be whatever you want ;-)

I like the phrase too. It says to me how you look is not important; it's what you do that matters. Or - thinking of art - maybe the word "color" could be changed because for artists color DOES matter, but the product - the fairy dust - is the most important.

Hugs,

Carol said...

Love your art!!1 Especially the dangling doodles ♥♥♥♥ I'm very late posting and visiting this weeks as my granddaughters are visiting and they keep me hopping :)

Krisha said...

LOVE your dangles.......just don't forget to breath!!

see you there! said...

Surprised you have even a minute to do art these days. I'm taken with your dangling doodles and I think your house move card is perfect.

Darla

Jeanne said...

Well what fun with the doodling you are having and I think the butter storm one is very cute. Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! A special day for a special person!