Thursday, June 4, 2015

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.........



Thats pretty much what i've been doing since we moved in....Now i don't want you to think i'm some cleaning Goddess or something... I'am not known for my spotlessly clean house... but there is one thing i insist upon....


That it be all my own dirt....  the previous owner was an 89 yr old bachelor and boy..... what can i say... its a dirty house... So i'am spending my time cleaning from top to bottom....We had the carpets cleaned before we even moved in...



I'am nearing the end of that... should be all clean by the end of the week me thinks... I'm cleaning the fans and the windows and the baseboards etc, etc, etc.... Whew.. and Arkansas has decided its past due for summer to arrive... its very warm and humid...not too bad as long as you don't move and you have a fan on...

But not moving at the moment is not an option... I just thought i'd take a break and pop in here and share a few more photos... Theres a mini back hoe in my back yard digging ditches for the gas lines for the fireplaces etc.... Hubby is in my soon to be craftroom  putting in insulation and lighting..... yeah so when i have my craftroom the dust bunnies can run rampant but hey... they will be MY dust bunnies... Hope your having a great week! Hugs! deb

9 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

I know what you mean about not minding your own dirt but someone else's - ewwweh. A had a friend once that insisted if they moved she had to have all new toilets, not just new seats but new toilets. Her husband pointed out that she did use public toilets if she was out shopping, etc. so what's the difference? Didn't make sense to him but she got new toilets. We all have our own little quirks.

Were you able to bring those lovely shelves hubby made for you to Arkansas?

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I agree with you about liking dust to be your dust, LOL. A big job, but you will get there.

I like the stained glass window panel--it reminds me a little of a Matisse!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Sounds like lots of progress. Good for you. I can relate. xox

The Weaver of Grass said...

I do agree with you. One's own mess is acceptable if you can live with it. Other peoples' is totally unacceptable. Keep it up - it will be so satisfying when it is all done.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Deb
Glad its all coming together. I'm thinking maybe I should tackle my own dust bunnies...and my oven!!

Have a great weekend.
xx, Carol

Karla B said...

Love your kitchen sink. It's so different from ours.I know how awful it is to dust, clean endlessly. Housechores never stop.

Lori said...

I love that stained glass window!

I hear you on the dirt. Our house was foreclosed on and it was filthy. I won't even tell you the state they left the bathrooms in.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

After having just cleaned my basement craft room floor on my hands and knees, I can say even MY dirt made me sick. It didn't look bad until I started, and then you could see how filthy the floor had been just from walking on it for years.

Glad you had your carpets cleaned in advance. I noticed how clean they are.

BTW, when I started cleaning in the basement, it was quite cool and comfortable. When I was about half way through the project, I was sweating so hard, I was dripping sweat on my floor. And yes, I KNOW humidity, just like yours.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Ewww - the oven. My hubby leaves messes like that when he cooks. (He's a great cook - not so great cleaning up.) If I don't notice and the stuff gets baked on, it's a tough job. My condolences, Deb.

I hope you are both pacing yourself even though you can't wait to make the house our own.