Saturday, June 27, 2015

Have Litterbox .... Will Travel......

 I wanted to write about this while it was still fresh in my mind.... while the thought of it still brings tears to my eyes....  In moving to Arkansas we had no alternative but to stay with my husband's wonderful sister..... Staying in a long term hotel or getting an apartment ... was just financially out of the picture while trying to secure a home...  So this meant living with her two cats .... which translated to Jinx living in a laundry room (with a window) for what turned out to be a little over a month.... You see he has no front claws and they DO!


Meet Lela .....  a neurotic, skitzo ball of fur WITH claws.... who would just as likely eat you than look at you... And yes that was her expression the whole time we were there..... Lela did not warm up to us the whole time ........ and one of the main reasons Jinx was in the laundry room....




 Meet Bright Eyes...... believe it or not this is Jinx's sister.... Still not friendly and did not warm up to us at all but still a much more mild mannered cat than Lela.... 

I often entertained myself taking pictures of her in the window... I love this one with her peeking thru the lace curtain....

Another 'Home' postcard..Thanks Eileen!

I don't know what was worse.............. Jinx trying to run out the laundry room door everytime you opened it or ............ when he stopped trying to get out and accepted his fate.......... You see i couldn't tell Jinx that his situation was only temporary.... that the end was in sight......  He must have thought that , that little cubicle was going to be his life from now on and he accepted it....... And the thought that he had resigned himself to that existence just about broke my heart.......I could cry now just thinking about it......  I was so worried it would change him somehow... change his personality. Eventually we did manage to work it out that we could lock up her cats in her bedroom while they were napping and let Jinx out to roam around for a short while.... 

Oh but what a trooper he is........ I have to say almost immediately after getting into our own home i had the old Jinx back....  Perhaps a little more needy and clingy for awhile and he had so much to talk about .... but eventually even that has settled down..... He has found a routine... that includes much watching of birds and squirrels and rabbits and staring wide-eyed at the deer....  In the header you can see he handled the drive from CA to AR pretty well.... He would look out the window for awhile and visit with us for awhile but then i think all the cars whizzing by and noises was a little too much sensory overload and would curl up somewhere and i would thow a blanket over him and he was content..... We all survived the move... a little worse for wear but we survived......

This post is a little early but i'm resurrecting an old coffee cup picture...from back in CA ........ Its one of my favorite... this way i can link up with Elizabeth and the Tea Gang when the time comes... okay......... I'm gonna go blow my nose now...... Thanks for listening....... Hugs! deb

21 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad your kitty is settling into your new home. What a trooper!

Happy T Tuesday (early) :)

Rian said...

I imagine that Jinx is that black cat in the top photo. He is a handsome cat! Most of our outside feral cats are black and some of the big males look a lot like Jinx. So glad that he's no longer locked up in the laundry room... poor baby. But I'm sure he endured it with dignity and is happy to be out and about again.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh, pet friends are very resilient when they know they are loved. I like to think that Jinx never thought you would keep him holed up in that laundry room. His ESP told him it was temporary and he waited patiently for you to find your new forever home. He was near you, so he knew it was all good.
xx, Carol

Karla B said...

It is good your furry friends is getting used to your new home. Love your photos!Sorry for the belated T day!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I cannot imagine even trying to contain any of this bunch for a month. So glad he has the perfect home now. xox

Lori said...

I was so worried at the start of the post that something had happened to Jinx! So glad he is settling in your new home. I think cats do pretty well with change as long as other animals aren't involved.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I have to go blow my nose now too. I'm so glad Jinx made it through and is not traumatized. That's a great picture of him on the cooler.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a far better outcome than I anticipated when I first started reading this post. I can only imagine how territorial one cat can be when another is stuck with it. I'm sure glad Jinx is doing better. I'm sure he'll soon have forgotten all the trauma he went through. It's hard to remember they don't reason, but they do have memories. So keeping him safe in his new forever home is just the ticket he needed.

Deb, what was confusing about my post? I am suggesting if you want to make an ATC, which I'm sure you know what an ATC is, then make ONE in time for the 2nd anniversary, which is in three weeks. After you link up, like you did today, IF you have made an ATC for exchange, place an asterisk after your name. The next person who links who puts an asterisk after their name will be the person who you send to. Still confused? Maybe I need to reword the post.

BTW, the person who sends to you will be the person whose name has an asterisk who is right before your name. Let's use today as an example. Since you were first today, assume Karla is playing. You would contact her via e-mail to get her address, then send your ATC to her. Also, since you were first, the LAST person who linked who has an asterisk after their name, would be the one sending to you. Still need more? Leave me a comment and ask away.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Great that the cat is now in the new home! Happy T-Day Deb!

Viktoria Berg said...

I thought the cat was gone initially, thank god the post had a happy ending. I´m happy that Jinx (and you) seem settled and happy in your new home. Moving can be stressful. Happy T-Day!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I am happy to hear Jinx weather both the car trip and being closed up for a time in new surroundings. Now that you are all in the new house, he will feel more secure.

I like the pinecone/pumpkin vignette--for some reason, I was thinking of Fall yesterday...maybe this chilly, wet summer we are having.

Halle said...

Poor Jinx...glad he is back to himself. Smart to protect him like that though. Gracie hates being locked in the laundry room for even the shortest of times. Happy T day!!

Linda Kunsman said...

awe Deb I can imagine how you must have felt. But you did your best and Jinx was kept safe and warm. So happy to hear he's bounced back to his old self so well. We do love our pets don't we? Pretty autumn vignette-however, I am NOT ready for that yet:) Happy T day !

Carol said...

So glad he has his own home now and returned to his loving self. Those fur babies become such a part of our life. He's a handsome cat ♥

~*~Patty S said...

Very relieved to know there was a happy ending.
Poor Jinx and poor you guys being in limbo when you know what's going on is hard enough.
Happy T Day to ya.
oxo

Rita said...

OMG! My heart was in my throat when you said he was resined to his new life in the small room! Broke my heart! I am so glad that you have moved and Jinx is happily free in his new home. Maybe he appreciated it even more after being confined like that? Happy ending!! :):)
And happy T-Day! :)

see you there! said...

Awww. Poor Jinx had a rough time there for awhile. You all did. Glad to hear everyone has settled in the new home.

Darla

pearshapedcrafting said...

Phew! I'm glad that tale has a happy outcome! Happy T day! Chrisx

Louise Oakes said...

So happy Jinx settled in his new home and you have too. Happy t day.

Krisha said...

Hey Deb!! I finally am making my way around the T-gang...*grin*

Cute story with a great happy ending......the kind I like!

Thanks for visiting on T-day and the comment.

CraftyViolet said...

Glad he, and you, survived the trip from CA and the stay with the demon cats!
Love your card too.