Sunday, July 19, 2015

A Mystery........



..........surrounding an opinionated post.... lol.... Have you every heard of people finding odd or valuable things in the walls of a house they are renovating??? In fact i think they even had a TV show about it called... 'If Walls Could Talk' or something like that... Well we didn't exactly find this in the wall BUT we did find a box shoved way back in the wet bar downstairs...OOOoooo believe me that was a little bit of excitement... I thought i'd show you what we found while giving you a review of some summer movies we've seen....    

Avengers :Age of Ultron... good , fun summer superhero movie.. maybe we didn't enjoy it as much as the first but still a good movie.

Jurassic World......... another fun summer movie... little hesitant with this one... I mean how many Jurassic Park movies can they make? But truly after a slow start the movie ended up very very good.... 


Do you know who this fella is????  I thought he was Clark Gable at first... okaaay stop laughing now... lol ... If anyone would like to hazard a guess go ahead and i'll let you know if you were right and then next week i'll let everyone know... Anyway this is a 1964/65 promo picture... 

Tomorrowland ...... with George Clooney.... hands down this was the best movie of the summer for us so far... both hubs and i agree on that... so original...its not the third of fourth of anything ... George Clooney has been making some quirky movies lately like Monuments Men....I don't think that one went over very well but i loved it....maybe cause i'm a little quirky... :)


Lots of old music in the box too.... 

Minions the movie... Aaaahhh save your money...seriously so disappointed with this one.... and i do not do cartoons but i LOVE the minions in Despicable Me 1 and 2 .... However they do not hold their own well in their own movie... I honestly think everyone in the theatre was bored by the end... I still love the character but the movie sucked........ 


And MORE music.....

The new Terminator movie ........ really a surprise here.... we almost didn't go... I mean bringing Arnold back in ANOTHER Terminator movie...seriously??? But honestly it was darn GOOD! If you like the Terminator franchise i don't think this one would disappoint you...  Arnold pulled it off surprisingly well ......... 

As you can tell by the header picture theres really not much to show you about the house yet... We are still ripping out walls and everything decorative is still in boxes... We are done ripping walls and the ceiling downstairs. Some electrical rewiring has begun... I've picked out two hallway lights... Hubs is dancing a jig about that because i'm having a hard time finding ceiling fans i like.... I wish i could remember the names of the ones i bought in CA because i loved them....  Anyway fixing to go to Lowes.com to see if i can find them........ :)

I'am typing this on Sunday and we are taking the day off... Went out for breakfast, picked up a few things and now we are home again... Hubs idea of taking a day off is going out in the 95 degree heat (feels like 104) and play in his shop.....uuughh... me its a day spent inside not sweating...Maybe thats why he's lost almost 30 pounds and i've only lost 20?  But hey we're whipping this house into shape and its doing the same to us... :)


More Music...........



More music................



I don't know what this picture came off of but all the yellow is actually gold foil... really pretty..........

This one is a little faded and looks quite old...  This is not the end of whats in the box but i thought i might spread it out for another post as its quite alot... So fun to find that mysterious box... there was also a large sewing box i haven't even dug into yet... 

I looked at this last picture with a magnifying glass hoping i could see a tea cup for Elizabeth's Tea Party but....no...although i'm almost positive theres tea on the table behind them ...don't you think so?? Hugs! deb

22 comments:

Rian said...

Oh, I do love a good mystery. Finding that box was wonderful. Made me think that perhaps someone had saved it... then forgot about it. We found some old census papers and an old tintype (I think that's what you called them then)of a child in an art book we bought at a half price book store. I'm sure it was important to someone at some time.

CraftyViolet said...

I once found an old pitcher in a house we bought and I used for a few years in the summer for ice tea and lemonade and then found out it was an antique and worth almost $75 - back in the 70's. Not sure what its worth today. Glad I didn't break it. I would love to find an old box of 'stuff' to go through.

We don't go to movies very often. In fact, I cannot even remember the last movie Joe and I went to together. My last two movies were Despicable Me and a Spiderman movie that I took the grandkids to see.

Your house will be an amazing "home" when you get it done. Hang in there.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Ernie Kovacs...when he was very young.. That's MY guess.

Wow, you really ARE tearing out walls. We need to do that in a room we have behind the garage to rewire and insulate. I'm not looking forward to it.

Boy, you sure saw a lot of movies! I haven't seen anything that I thought I wanted to see. But in September there is one coming out with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte that looks like it might be OK. At least we have found some 1-2 year old movies on HBO that were very good. It's hard for me to get Terry to go to the theater. Most of the time he falls asleep anyway, lol. He feel asleep during Star Wars when it first came out!! That should have been a clue that we were not going to be movie goers, lol.

Happy Remodeling
xx, Carol

PS...yes, I see the tea on the table behind those ladies
The more I look at that picture, I'm thinking it could be John Payne

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I think he is Tennesse Ernie Ford. I love finding things like that in old houses. Just gives you a sneak peak into who lived there.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Some real finds there Debs.

I am so envious of your pair of cardinals. We saw one once on a visit to the US - it was one of the highlights of our visit.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

How funny. We found the cremation urn of the previous owner in our present home. At least her (estranged) sons had had the courtesy to remove the ashes before selling. But it was still a bit creepy.

Tennessee Ernie Ford - I'm really too young to remember him though ;-)

That vintage sheet music is wonderful. If it's not worth any money, you can use it for mixed media. I'm really too young to remember it, but I've often heard "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles."

I'm surprised you can't see the tea or coffee cup in the last picture. I blew it up in Photoshop and it's as clear as day. Can I send you a copy?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You really scored with all those goodies you found. As a mixed media artist, I would be jumping for joy over all those finds.

20 lbs is SERIOUSLY a good amount. I'm trying to lose 10 lbs and can't seem to, since I'm eating all the wrong foods and getting very little exercise now that it's so hot. But you are on a roll!

I swear you must be RICH. The last time I went to a movie was in 2008 and it was a matinee that cost $8.50 (USD). Not sure what you paid, but sounds like you are having fun seeing all of them.

Thanks for sharing your "wall" (under the wet bar) find with us for T this week, as well as letting us know what movies to avoid.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Wow -- amazing stuff did you find!
Happy T-Day!
oxo
Susi

Halle said...

That's a fun mystery box. Nothing Earth shattering but fun to look through anyway.
Thanks for the movie reviews. I'm not sure we'll see any of them in the theater. Maybe Avengers.
Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I've heard that the one good thing about the minions movie is that it's short.

There's definitely a cuppa on that table, else why would the ladies be there ;)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Well you are sure a busy bee! Thanks for the movie reviews, but where did you every find the time or strength to go? LOL! We rarely go to the movies, but I will look out for some of these when they make it to Cable!

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh how exciting!!! Yes there was a show called "If Walls Could Talk" and hubby and I were addicted to it!! Haven't seen it on tv anywhere in some years now and do miss it. We always thought we might find something interesting in our walls whenever hubby would redo something because our home was built in 1905. No such luck ...yet:)You both are so busy with everything it's no wonder you're losing weight. But as you said, it's a good thing if you needed to lose some in the first place. Happy T day, and looking forward to see what else you find!

Dianne said...

buried treasure...what fun! love the last two images. those fashionable ladies are wonderful! happy T day!

Carol said...

How exciting to find a treasure chest ♥ Can't wait to see what else you have to share with us :) Happy T day!!!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Oh some great sheet music and more in that hidden treasure box Deb!
How fun is that.
I was thinking the other day it's been ages since I've been to the movies. Sounds like you're having a good time in between ripping walls down and such ;-)
Happy T Day to ya oxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! What a great find! I'm sure you will be able to use them!
Great cinema reviews (I occasionally put mine on WOYWW) We both enjoyed Avengers - Age of Ultron, I was less keen on Jurassic World although I agree it did improve! Hoping to get to see Tomorrowland soon and thanks for the tip on Terminator - we weren't sure whether to go!
Hope all the dust soon settles and you can find some ceiling fans soon - it really does sound as though you are having really high temps!!
Of course those ladies have tea on the table behind them! Happy T day! Chrisx

suz said...

looks like someone's treasure box ... Tennessee Ernie Ford was a very funny man - not sure if it would be on YouTube, but if you can find the I Love Lucy Show he was on, you'll have a good chuckle. Sorry to hear the Minion movie was boring - I love those characters. Wonder if the angel was originally part of a Christmas card.

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, how fun for you..in the midst of renovating, that sort of find is really exciting. Some fab pictures...but I do t know who the chap is, sorry!

Deborah Weber said...

Oh how exciting to find a treasure box, and how delightful you're letting us peek inside.

Estelle's said...

What treasures! Don't you adore vintage sheet music? Reminds me so much of my grandmother! Love that! Yes, that is Tennessee Ernie Ford....remember when he sang 6 Tons? I'm old...I remember!!!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Wow, cool finds. I recognized his face but until I read Estelle's comment, his name did not come to me, she's right I think. xox

Karla B said...

Isn't it cool to find a lot of old stuff?I would be amazed. That guy is not Clark Gable for sure.