Sunday, August 30, 2015

Dem' Boys.................


He only WANTS you to think he's getting a drink of water but really he's checking out his horns in the mirror ball... :)  Yeah i was thinking of planting something around the bird bath but um..... maybe not... Even if i found something they wouldn't eat they would probably trample it..  ... Truly they don't go trampling thru that bed (of weeds currently) but very daintily reach up and get a drink... so we'll see... 


Look at this big boy... checking out my fountain top that is now obsolete since my fountain has become a birdbath...Hey Lori! I'm thinking of painting this like a mushroom following your fab idea...



I don't have many pictures of 'da boys'.... i don't see them quite as much as the does... The two pictures above are of the most mature buck i have come visit... see how spread out his horns are? The buck at the birdbath is a younger buck . His horns aren't as wide or thick...



Look at this doe! She KNOWS theres some more food in the squirrel feeder! Hubs waited and waited to get that shot...lol  He just KNEW she was gonna get up on her hind legs...lol



We put out some salt blocks for them.  It has sulfur in it and will help them fight off the fleas and ticks which is good for them... If they will keep licking on it hopefully we will see a healthier looking bunch next year......

I'll leave the deer with a picture of 'My Boy'.... He comes nearly every night and he is such a character...  If there is no food out he will stand and stare at the house indefinitely... just like he is in this picture..like a statue ...an expectant statue...lol He'll wag his tail side to side stomp his foot shake his head....When i come out with the corn he'll run off but come right back when i go inside... I don't feed every day.... and i can resist the doey - eyed looks from the others but something about this boy pulls on my heartstrings... I can only hope he and all of them make it thru hunting season... I may not even recognize him next year as he will have changed... he'll be bigger... his rack bigger... But if he stands out front and looks up at the house and wags his tail i'll know its him :)

For my wonderful T Stands for Tuesday people this is a picture of my morning coffee i took while still in CA. You've never seen it because i haven't showed you this project as it is still in progress but sitting stagnant in a box ....sigh... But i thought i'd give you a peek at whats to come when i get unpacked.. :)    I hope you had a fabulous weekend and an awesome week to come......... Big Hugs! deb

20 comments:

Lori said...

I think that fountain would be a fabulous mushroom - it just is asking for that :D

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

One of my greatest thrills is realizing I have made a connection with one of my critter visiters. Currently, it is my No-Tail squirrel who will eat from my hand now. I love your deer posts....but you just had to mention hunting season:(
xx, Carol

The Weaver of Grass said...

Deb - I can see how it would be impossible to resist your favourite deer - I bet it will not be long before you are feeding him every day. Eventually he may well eat out of your hand if you do this and stand really still.

CraftyViolet said...

Yes, I can see that as a mushroom! Great idea.

Yes, the deer will either eat the plants or trample on them but they are beautiful. Nice of you to put a salt block out for them too.

I'm thinking that WIP (Work in Process) will be a feather one day???

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the photos of your deer, how wonderful to be able to observe them so close, a dream! Love the photo of the one trying to reach the squirrel food!
Hope you are soon able to get back to your crafting. Have a great week, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Krisha said...

Happy T-day Deb!

More great photos of the deer in your area. What a wonderful idea to put out the salt licks for them.

Looking forward to seeing you finish that project....I see a feather started and pretty sure there will be string involved.....*grin*

johanna said...

your "Boys" are so awesome!
happy t-day, deb!

~*~Patty S said...

Beautiful antlers on da boyz.
I see hammering in your future/past ;-)
Pretty mug too.
Happy T Day from Virginia Deb oxo
p.s. thank you for your visit to my Magpie's Nest

Divers and Sundry said...

Brave and enthusiastic deer! I like the mug with its pretty pattern. Happy T Tuesday :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Great photos of the deer! They don't seem too spooked by humans--unless they are a long way off from you, that is.

Looking forward to seeing more of your WIP!

Happy T Tuesday!

TwinkleToes2day said...

Wowwww! Your deer pics are so fabulous! What an absolute joy to have them visit. That buck is going to be huge next year. I do hope they all stay safe.

Your new project looks intriguing. It looks like a feather, but what are you going to do with it.....hmmmm

Happy T Day Deb! :D xo

Denise Price said...

I did not know that salt licks for deer have sulfur in them. I think that's a great idea, since fleas and ticks are such a nuisance.

I hope you get a chance to get back to the art that you had to put aside for your move. The photo is intriguing...

Happy T Day!

Linda Kunsman said...

oh I do love your deer- I can only imagine them so close-and yes, you doapparently have a connection to the one in particular. Did you name him? The quick meaning and description of this connection to a deer according to the book Animal Speak is "move gently into new areas". :) Looks like a beautiful project about to bloom. Happy T day!

Neesie said...

Brilliant photos. I love to see the deer but we only have Roe deer. They don't have the spectacular antlers like your visitors.
I can imagine you becoming firm friends with the big boy... he'll be eating out of your hand before you know it. He knows a good thing when he sees it. I hope he stays safe.
Your new project looks like a nail and string picture? But we'll have to wait and see.
Happy T day ;D

Lisca Meijer said...

I so love seeing pictures of the deer. I know they ruin your garden and eat or trample flowers but they aer so beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.
Have agood week,
Blessings,
Lisca

Rita said...

Oh, I love to see all the pics of the deer! Big boy is such a charming fellow. Yes, you would know him next year if he stare and stamps and flicks his tail. :):)

Are you making some kind of string art? Looks interesting. You have more of your craft stuff unpacked than I do. I'm jealous! Soon! Soon! ;) Happy T-Day!! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What gorgeous photos of the deer. I am so surprised they feel so at ease around humans. That could put them in danger from hunters. You might want to get another salt lick and keep food out (apples are often a favorite) to entice them to stay on your property while hunters are hunting elsewhere.

Looks like an interesting project. Hope you find it soon, so you can share it with us. Like Rita, I wonder if it's string art.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos, your art, and your (by now cold) coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

Ariel said...

I am really curious to know what you are creating. Once again thank you for sharing the fabulous pictures of these gentle creatures
Hugs
SusaN

Dianne said...

Looking forward to seeing the feather take shape!...lovely pictures of the herd too!

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day! WOW, how sweet these pictures are, lucky that you can see them so good and close by. My dad has some in his backyard but these are wonderful!! Lovely mug and good luck on your project. Have a good week.