Sunday, August 2, 2015

PostCard MailArt for T Tuesday!!!!!!



Hellllooooo!!!!  A few of you mentioned the Kokopelli coffee cup last week so i thought i'd give you a close up...  I couldn't resist this cup in the gift shop while at Sandia Peak in Albuquerque, NM....several years ago... 

                                        Below is what's written on the cup:
Kokopelli has been a sacred and mysterious figure to the Southwestern Native Americans for thousands of years.  His image is recorded in Anasazi petroglyphs that were carved 3500 years ago.Some legends suggest he was a Toltec trader, who traveled between Mexico, the west coast and southwest United States...Kokopelli is also known as the symbol of fertility, rain priest, roving minstral, seducer of maidens, trickster and hunting magician. He symbolizes a whimsical nature, charitable deeds and vital spirit....   He serves up a darn good cup of coffee too! :)

My new mail box has been overflowing with some MailArt love here lately too..... This first PostCard is from Eileen, the Artful Crafter. She is the digital Queen.  She did a tutorial on how she made this PostCard here.... Besides my friend, she is also my Crafting Guru... any crafting dilemma you might be having she can help you out!And if she doesn't know the answer she will find it for you! I just love this wonderfully abstract Postcard.... I swear i don't have an abstract bone in my body but she does it beautifully!


Another day brought this gorgeous shiney PostCard from Krisha.. All us Tea Party-er's know Krisha!   She does dangles beautifully and i love the gold pen she used....... If you don't know Krisha you can find her at Krisha's Keepsakes ... She's been entertaining a couple of youngsters this summer teaching them art and crafts..... Its been a blast watching them play and the things they come up with...


This little abstract beauty was popped in my Mailbox the other day from Corrine.... You can find her at Sparkle Days Studio. She is another Abstract Wonder... I so enjoy seeing the freedom she has when she creates...... and the yummy colors....... This weeks she's talking about her Muses....... Corrine and her artwork always remind me to relax...... and not take myself so seriously... to just play....And i need that once in a while.......  


This is the little space i've managed to squirrel away for myself while all the construction is going on......... This is where i created the butterfly PostCard thats in the header...... Its where i usually write my letters , yeah i still hand write old fashioned letters...... I rarely get any in return except from a few special friends and you know who you are... :) but i enjoy writing... the feel of the pen flowing across the paper just cannot be achieved on a computer or iPad or phone........ Hand writing a letter is just so personal.....and i enjoy staying in touch that way..... 

The PostCard in the Header was made with cereal box board and little cut out squares of security envelopes ...glued them down then colored with colored pencils and smoothed out with Gamsol.....I could not achieve the bright yellow center i wanted with colored pencils so i used a little thinned yellow paint to bring that out... The butterfly was from a paint brochure picked up in one of the big box home improv. stores.....cut out and pasted... I added the little dots with a paintpen.......The words i typed out on the computer and printed on printer paper and colored and pasted.. Some outlining was done with a Pitt Pen...  The quote... is from my childhood:

When i was in middle school English we were given the name of an author and told to find a poem and memorize and recite in front of the class.....oooohhh boooyyy... I was so shy back then and still am.. I almost died at the thought of having to stand in front of the class....... But i had my poem and i memorized it.. 'Look to This Day!' by Robert Frost...........um...yeah... i can still recite it to this day or most of it... Funny but no one correct me when i attributed it Robert Frost back then.... But when i looked it up the other day it is attributed to Kalidasa.... ? I guess maybe my teacher was just happy i didn't faint in front of the class...lol  

Joining up here with my Tea People every T stands for Tuesday over at Ms. Elizabeth's and Bleubeard's .... I'm always posting a little early because Sunday is just my best time to make a post with all the construction going on... We tend to take a down day every weekend..  There are no Tea Partiers yet but others might like to take a look...  I hope you have an incredibly AWESOME week! Hugs! deb




15 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Thanks for my glittery wonder, just getting round to catching up. I bet the Post Office gets super cranky with glitter, gums up the machines. Thanks also for the mention. Tiny space you are working on, hope you get your studio space soon. xox

The Weaver of Grass said...

I just adore Kokopelli and bought a rather large example as a free-standing statue when I was in Mesa Verde National Park some years ago. So thank you for posting the mug - wish I had seen one to buy while I was there.

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy early T Tuesday! I write my T posts early, too lol. I just schedule them to post at the same time every Tuesday, and then I try to remember to copy Bleubeard & Elizabeth's link and add it sometime between late Monday/early Tuesday. I'm glad to hear that someone besides me writes these early :)

I love your roll-top desk.

CraftyViolet said...

Love your mixed media project you used as your header! Thanks for all the links to your crafty friends. I'll be checking them out for sure.
Our hot humid weather in the 90's and over 100F finally ended last night when some thunderstorms rolled through. Nice to have the windows opened again. Hope you get some rain soon too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm SO glad you showed both sides of your gorgeous Kokopelli mug. It was my favorite, as I mentioned last week. I love it and so enjoyed reading about what was written on the mug.

You got some incredible mail art this week. Both Krisha and Corrine are wonderful and lovely artists. So glad you shared the work they put into these beauties.

Thanks for sharing your lovely Kokopelli mug as well as your mail art with us for T this Tuesday!

Dianne said...

wonderful image on the top of your blog!! and love that cup...fascinating image and history. thanks for sharing your mail art with us...beautiful and inspiring! happy T day!

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous cards Deb! The blog header is so beautiful and I also love that kokopeli mug-I'd have bought it too:)

Lisca Meijer said...

I loved looking at all those beautiful arty postcards.And your header is stunning!
Your Kokopelli mug is great! Thanks for showing that.
Have a good T for Tuesday,
Lisca#6

pearshapedcrafting said...

I do love this mug and the story! The mail art you received is fabulous! Happy T day! Chrisx

Rita said...

What wonderful gifts in the mail!! I am one of those letter writers, too. Let me know if you'd like to exchange addresses. I may be slow, but I write back. :) I LOVE that quote--whoever said it. ;) Happy T-Day! :)

see you there! said...

Great Kokopelli mug. I always associate Kokopelli with the role of a trickster.

Your mail art is great as are the pieces you received.

Darla

Carol said...

I do love that mug ♥ Kokopelli is one if my favorite SouthWest characters :) So many stories and legends connected to him. You Certainly have received a wonderful collection of treasures recently ♥ Love your header art too ♥♥♥ Happy Belated T Day!

~*~Patty S said...

Your blog header is beautiful and so uplifting as is your connection with special artists and the pieces they shared with you!
Kokopelli is the man ;-)
Happy day after T Day oxo

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

The blog header is absolutely stunning, Deb! I lingered over it a long time before scrolling down. The closeup photo helped me understand the process. Thanks for all the ideas. I love the phrase - no matter who gets credit for it ;-)

Thanks for the shout out and link to The Artful Crafter. All the mail art you shared here is wonderful. Love Krisha's dangles. Love the freedom Corinne shows in this piece and how it comes together so well.

Sharing and seeing each other's art like this is like free art classes. Doncha just love it?!

Karla B said...

Love your mug and the mail art is awesome!It's incredible how many artists we can find in blogland. People like that brighten my day!Happy belated T-Day!