Monday, August 24, 2015

Sweet Babies...............



Aaaww.... for the love of babies... We have so many babies around here and its just wonderful to be so close to them.. All these photos were taken right from my big bay window in front....The deer just ignore us as we click away........



All these photos should enlarge if you click on them... If you have the time i hope you do....... 



Even the babies figured out how to drink from my birdbath. Actually its a re-purposed fountain. I stuck the gazing ball over the little pipe that comes up.......Oh the day i put that gazing ball out there!  ALL the animals were frightened and intimidated by it. 


Not just the deer but the birds too... they would flutter and flutter and refuse to land... Told hubby i might have made a mistake putting that out there. I just thought it looked pretty... like it was floating on the water... Well sure enough first one brave soul then another conquered the gazing ball. Now i think the does check their make up in the reflection ....lol 


The babies have been sporting alot of camouflage lately.... I wonder if thats in preparation of deer season? :)

 I just want to go out there and give them a good brushing don't you?!   Some of the adults look just as bad. 


Mama and her twins...... She's the only  one with twins that i've seen this year...  Its been interesting to watch the herd dynamics from the window.... How the mothers really don't seem to keep such a close eye on the babies as i thought they did...  I was really surprised to see how much the bucks let the does push them around and chase them off  when they want the food... I guess the bucks testosterone isn't flowing yet...lol The does are rather bossy... The older does definitely lord over the younger does too..... 



See LOTS Of babies... Here's 4 and the most i've seen at one time is 5....


Well my T people i hope you didn't mind another deer post....  I'd love to show you the bucks next week... And then we'll move on to another critter.... On a side note....... I saved a life today..... A turtle life........lol helped him cross the road... :) Ofcourse i forgot to take a picture..! darn it!   

Just finished helping hubby off load 20 sheets of sheetrock and i decided i needed a treat... a Diet Cherry Coke Zero!!! Nope not compensated for that.. I just LOVE it... But i don't have it often because i try to watch my caffeine intake... I drink half caff coffee...  I just feel better when i watch it.. I hope you have all had a fabulous weekend and an even better week to come. Hugs! deb

PS... 'No Hunting' signs are on my shopping list!!!  

28 comments:

TwinkleToes2day said...

A-Dor-a-ble! Oh my, how exciting to have such sweet baby nature right outside your window! I'm so glad you're getting No Hunting signs. Happy Happy T Day!! :D xo

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Wow! How special to see all those babies at the same time! I chuckled about them (and the birds)being afraid of the gazing ball--maybe they saw their reflections. Thirst won out in the end.

I'm sure you and your hubby are sheetrock hanging experts by now, but I am glad you have had tome to stop and take some photos.

Linda Kunsman said...

awe-they are SO sweet!! I would def. be putting up a no hunting sign too. I so hate that my neighbor thinks nothing of setting up a trap or two to keep animals out of the shared garden. I don't want to know about it nor see something in a trap for that matter! You can share as many animal pics as you want-I'll never tire of them. Happy T day!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm with you on the No Hunting Signs. Even though it's posted, I suspect you will find a few hunters try to sneak around through the back of your property. I hope mom and the twins make it through deer season. I can't believe the covering. I've never seen deer do that before.

Congrats on saving the turtle. You definitely performed your good deed for the day, and you really DO deserve that Diet Cherry Coke. We're ALL proud of you.

Thanks for sharing the deer and your diet coke with us for T this week. You are my hero!

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

They are so cute. I love the one drinking from your bird bath.

Victoria said...

Deb, you're blessed with dear deers! ;) There are mule deer in the mountains I live in, but it's rare to see them up this high. Thanks for posting such wonderful photos!

Karla B said...

Love your babies. I have never seen a deer and I find them so cute. Mother Nature always shows her love to us. She's been generous with you. What you see is pure magic!Happy T-Day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful baby photos, so pretty! How lovely to be able to see them! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Viktoria Berg said...

How fortunate you are to have nature´s wonders so close to you! I am quite envious. Happy T-Day!

Lisca Meijer said...

Awww, that's so cute. I know what you mean about wanting to brush them...
Still working hard with the sheet rock then? You deserve your cherry coke!
Have a great day,
Lisca#1

froebelsternchen Susi said...

What fantastic photos Deb! I love to see the babies!Thank you for sharing!
Happy T-Day!
oxo
Susi

Estelle's said...

I think you live in the best area....we had deer in Maine and I just loved that! These are such incredible photos Deb! I thank you for sharing their beauty with us. I would probably have to go out and build them a barn!! I adore deer....and bravo for helping the poor turtle off the road!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love it that you are observing the hierarchy of the deer world. Most would just watch and enjoy and never notice the nuances. They are in all animal domains and I love to identify them too.

Congrats on the turtle save!! Can't wait to see what other critters are residing on your estate!!
xx, Carol

~*~Patty S said...

You certainly are in a spot to snap some wonderful nature pics.
Those little fawns are precious and aren't they funny with their grass clipping camo.
I so enjoy seeing nature and turtles are such neat creatures.
Happy T Day oxo

Eileen Bergen said...

I wonder if the camouflage effect is just from rolling around in the dirt as dogs like to do. Are they picking up a scent to cover their own or just having fun? They are so cute. Definitely some "no hunting" signs needed!

Dianne said...

You may need lots of "No Hunting" signs posted on your property! I wonder if some of the bushes at your house are attracting the deer? We used to have an overgrown bush that would attract 10 or 12 at a time, but they always came at night when there was no activity. After we removed the bush, we don't see them any more. They certainly provide lovely viewing and an entertaining view!

Lori said...

I know the deer can be real pests eating everything in site, but they are soooo cute!

Divers and Sundry said...

You should make yourself an official wildlife preserve! You have the property, the wildlife and the spirit for it :) Long live the turtles! :)

see you there! said...

What wonders you have right outside your door. I enjoyed the pictures of the deer. We sometimes see deer when we are at the mt. house but never as many at once as you have. The gazing ball was a great idea, glad the wildlife is getting used to it.

Darla

Krisha said...

Happy T-day Deb!

The babies are adorable, I'm a deer lover......er just an animal lover I guess. I would invest in some NO Trespassing signs to go along with the NO HUNTING signs, not sure it will work against Man, but it will keep the honest ones honest.

Hanging sheetrock is really a job, you'll be a master at it by the time you get your house finished...*grin* Looking forward to see the whole house.

LOVE the gazing ball, clever idea to place it over the pipe.....yes it does look like it is floating. I've always wanted a gazing ball, especially now I know I can check my makeup in it......LOL Guess I should put some ON first.....*grin*

Glad you got the PC.

Have a great week dear friend.

Carol said...

Adorable babies and you do have a lot of deer visits!!! A blessing and could be a curse when it comes to plants. If you plan to garden a tall sturdy fence will be required I think.

Rita said...

I love seeing the fawns and all the deer. Any time!
When I do drink pop it's Pepsi--LOL! But if it is going to have cherry in it--has to be Cherry Coke. I can remember going to the soda fountain at the drug store and they put the actual syrup in it and you mixed it up yourself with a tall spoon. Ahhh!
Happy T-Day! :)

kathyinozarks said...

awesome photos-we haven't seen much activity in back yard for some time now-but with all the rain they have lots of food available in the woods this year

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh wow! I wouldn't get anything done -I spend ages watching the birds! They do look so funny with the greenery! Well done for the turtle rescue! Happy T day! Chrisx

Ariel said...

These deer photos are adorable! The does checking their make up, lol
I am so tempted to try and sketch these gentle animals
Happy T day
Hugs


Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Too cute. We have a new baby out back as well. They are so sweet. xox

CraftyViolet said...

Adorable! Yes, make sure you get LOTS of No Hunting signs.

Thank you for saving the turtle. They are endangered because they keep getting run over on roads. Some have to live years before they can reproduce so we need to save them. A big pat on the back for you!

Halle said...

Ah so cute...until they eat my garden! Then I start to get a little hungry for venison. Did I just say that out loud?!? Well there is a bit of truth to that...not that we can hunt in the city.