Sunday, September 6, 2015

Skeleton in the Wall............

Please click to enlarge!

Happy Early T Tuesday my friends!!   I hope everyone in the States is having a nice Labor Day weekend! We took a break from working on the house.... Instead Hubby played out in his workshop , cleaning and setting it up how he likes it and day dreaming about the things he wants to build out there.......(And he might have put a couple steaks on the grill...yum!)  As you can see i've been painting again... This is done on one of those hard photo mailers. I recycled it after receiving some photos... This was inspired by the Art Sherpa .... What?! You haven't heard of Cinnamon Cooney the Art Sherpa??  Well just let me put a link there and if you paint with acrylic or have ever even given it a thought for one micro second...nano second... that you might actually like to paint then you absolutely MUST meet her... The link is to the video that inspired this piece... I call it Channeling Van Gogh...lol It was so much fun. I just love her. Her mom is quite the famous artist too Ginger Cook. She has painting tutorials too...  I love how i was able to take Cinnamon's Van Gogh idea and turn it into my own thing with the lantern...  

 Some friends have been requesting a look see at the house... Oh i wish i had something wonderful to show you like ...oh i don't know paint on the walls...home decor.... something... but no we are still talking insulation and sheetrock... Here (above) is the before of the soon to be craftroom... See the garage doors??? 



Poof! No more garage doors... They are sealed, insulated and sheetrocked!! Woohoo more walls in the craftroom!!


Above is another picture of the craftroom... rewired, insulated and sheetrocked... Theres a ledge that runs the length of the room.. Along this wall will be the bulk of my countertop... Gosh i can hardly wait... 



This is the opposite wall in the craftroom ... This coming week i will put all new insulation in there and help hubby put sheetrock up there... See that door?


That leads to the above photo of the storage room.. Its been rewired and insulated and sheetrock will go up in here this coming week too.. 


Here is that downstairs family room/den/ hopefully pooltable one day room... See it even has a ceiling now... 


We replaced these rather old fashioned ( IMHO) vents 


With these... and you can see we insulated the vent pipes..



Our upstairs fireplace stoop ( that little step in front of the fireplace) was sagging a little ... pulling away from the rest of the fireplace... and after we tore out the ceiling below we could see that the stoop really wasn't supported with a beam... poor judgement on whoever put it in.... so we put a new beam up there to help it out and it did pull it back up..... But was it ever a hard job


This is the other side of that room... looking good!! This is where hubs and i chill out in the evenings and watch some TV..  
Now.... for the picture that goes
with the title of this post.... don't look

if 
your 
squeamish....
But
couldn't help
it... 
I thought 
it was 
kinda cool
and 
AND 
Halloween is 
right 
around 
the 
corner...






We found him in the wall downstairs... poor thing... ick... And 
Just for my Tea People... Hubs and i got these cups many moons ago and mostly they sit now unused... But they speak volumes of just how we feel about each other... Its funny to think of them now.. We used to take them everywhere... especially when traveling.. I think i still have them... packed... somewhere... Happy Tday everyone! Thank you so much to Elizabeth and Mr. Bleubeard for hosting this lovely gathering.. Hugs! deb

PS Don't forget all the pics should enlarge if you click on them. 

23 comments:

Krisha said...

Happy Labor Day Deb......Happy T-day too ( my, your early on that one...*grin)

LOVE the Art Sherpa!! I think I have seen all her videos, she is right up my alley and I plan on doing some of her paintings too.

Your craft room is starting to shape, how exciting!!

I've been making some cards, and now they need to be posted. Hopefully I can at least get them photographed in the morning.

Labor Day (tomorrow) DH and I are going to the movies and then maybe an early dinner. I want to see "A Walk in the Woods" with Nick Nolty and Robert Redford.....looks like a great comedy.

Well now, my little sheetrock queen, I'm off to watch a little TV with DH before getting to bed. Hope your having a great weekend.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, you ar3e moving right along!! Wow, does that rat skellie hold together? Great Halloween deco!! When I first saw your pic in my blogroll, I didn't know it was you, I thought wow, look at that fabric!! I love it!! Then I read the post. Well, great pic on paper too.

Have a great holiday. Take a rest on Labor Day!!
xx, Carol

The Weaver of Grass said...

The skeleton is a bit scary - wish you had put something by its side for size comparison!! Your house is taking shape but golly what a lot of work you are doing.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

IN the country lots of things are in the walls and in the back yard too. Nice pics of the house and your Van Gogh inspired painting is great. xox

CraftyViolet said...

You have both been very busy with all the renovations - and doing a great job too. Glad you take some time off once in awhile though.

I'm going to check out the Art Sherpa for sure. Thanks for the link.

It's brutally hot and humid here in Ontario with temperatures, with humidity, over 100F. Hard to believe that it's September!

Would you please email me with your new snail mail address? Your old email address doesn't seem to work now either.

Cheers my blogger friend
Violet

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks for a link to the Art Sherpa. I'm sure a few people will appreciate it. I for one, have NOT, not even for a nanosecond considered trying to paint anything that was even the most remotely realistic.

You have been very busy, and I can see how much you have accomplished. Doing it all yourself sounds marvelous and has probably saved you tons of money, too. But I know you probably deserved this weekend off, because I can tell you have been so very busy.

What wonderful old mugs. I love that they mean so much to you two. Thanks for sharing them, and your sheetrocking with us for T this week.

Valerie-Jael said...

It sounds like a very busy week in your craft room, but it s coming along well, and I am sure you will be able to spend many happy hours there when all is done. Love the skeleton in the wall! Your love cups are great, and so huge!
Hava great week and a happy T day, hugs, Valerie

Halle said...

What a huge job but it's going to be so wonderful when you are done! I know we have a skeleton in our wall of a mouse. I know because we had to smell the decomp after it's death. Bleh. I was ready to rip out the sheetrock. Had it not been a wall papered wall...I'd likely have done it too!
Happy T Day!

Lisca Meijer said...

Wow! Your house is coming up nicely! I know what it's like to live in a building site. We have been doing it for exactly a year now and we hope to have most of the house finished by December.
I haven't had time to look at the video but I will later on as I'd love to learn a bit more about painting.
I didn't mind the mouse skeleton. It's quite beautiful really all those tiny little bones....
Have a great T day,
Lisca#9

TwinkleToes2day said...

Jiminy Cricket! I feel pooped out just reading about all you've accomplished so far! I do hope you & hubs are feeling proud of yourselves :D
Ick! To the skeleton; but also a ghoulish, cool, it's still whole! Lol
Your blue mugs are quite sweet and I love that you still have them. Happy Happy T Day to you {{Hugs}} xox

kathyinozarks said...

good morning-your new craft room will be awesome!! you guys definately needed a break from all that hard work-perhaps a couple days-hugs
the skeleton-pretty cool and perfect for halloween too love it.

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day! How nice that you could have a day off, you have gotten so much done in the house. It looks great, how nice that you will have a craft space, YAY! Those matching big cups are cute! Thanks for sharing and have a good week.

Linda Kunsman said...

well I will def. look up the art Sherpa ! All the work on your new home is really coming together and that art room is going to be amazing once it's complete and filled in. Poor creature but that is a pretty cool skelly:) Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

You're making so much progress! I love the fireplace, but construction mistakes can cause real problems. I'm glad y'all found the problem with the way it had been put in and could correct it. Happy T Tuesday :)

Carol said...

WOW! YOU TWO ARE PUTTING SO MUCH HARD WORK INTO YOUR NEW HOME!!!! iT WILL BE BEAUTIFUL WHEN COMPLETED ♥

froebelsternchen Susi said...

You are so busy with the house!
Happy T-Day!
oxo
Susi

Rita said...

I like your painting and will have to go check out the Art Sherpa, even though I don't normally paint actual pictures (abstracts).
You guys have done a LOT of work! It will be so nice when it's all done and you can settle in to your new studio. :) The rat skeleton is actually kind of cool to look at. I wouldn't keep it around after Halloween, though--LOL! ;)
Happy T-Day! :)

~*~Patty S said...

Great progress you're making!
What a perfect little skeleton...poor fella.
Happy T Day oxo
p.s. the Turmeric tea tastes kind of benign and tasty :-)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

And "Gosh i can hardly wait... " for you! Your craft room is coming along. Well the whole house actually. You're doing an amazing job!!

Denise Price said...

Well, better a skeleton than a live critter in the wall, I guess...

I am so glad that you and your husband took a break for Labor Day. With all the hard work that you two have been doing, you deserve it!!!

see you there! said...

Thanks for the link. Always fun to find new artists with tutorials. I like your take on VG inspiration. Looks like you two are making a lot of progress on the house.

Darla

Karla B said...

Your painting is amazing!It's how our homes are so different.Love your photos and your mugs!Happy T-Day! :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love my iguana card. Thank you so much. Hugs, Eileen