Saturday, October 3, 2015

Art Infusion..............


.............i can't believe i've been gone from the blogsphere for two whole weeks!!! Well ... not really gone.. i've been lurking when i can grab a minute or two..... but no time to post... :(   I have so much to share with you about the house but for right now i don't know about you but my soul needed an Art Infusion!  No matter whats going on i always seem to find the time to fiddle in the sketchbook...  Its a stress reliever really...  Do you remember that pyramid i sketched a few weeks ago?? And i said i needed a gargoyle or something for the top? Well above is what came out of the end of my pencil........ After putting the two together i realized they really didn't go together... the pyramid needs something waaay more whimsical .... I'm thinking a cat with wings??? 

But anyway here i had this dragon...... With his hands that way i think he looked like he was meditating so in the picture in the header you can see i gave him chakras and i call him my Om Dragon....lol  A family member tells me he looks like a goat... Ah well ... i can see the goat resemblance .... maybe he's a GoatDragon.... but i do like Om Dragon better! :) 


I came across this type of doodling on YouTube one day and  i thought i'd give it a try.. The top half is done not using pencil guidelines and the bottom half is using the guidelines... I'm still on the fence about which i like better..... 


I absolutely LOVE the above doodle! I sketched that!  Thats my sun design... that came out of my pencil.... Do you ever surprise yourself? 

 Oh how i wish this postcard had photographed better! It really is lovely..... The point and shoot camera just kinda blended it all together.... Have you seen the tattoo jewelry at the stores lately? Well i found some on clearance and guess what? They stick pretty darn good to paper too!!  So thats the gold on the postcard... This is my latest postcard... My mailbox has been soooo busy!!! I wonder what my mailman thinks?? :)  

 This lovely postcard comes from Eileen the Artful Crafter. Gosh i just love her composition and the colors....... 


Now everybody knows Krisha.... but ... can you believe this is a postcard made from a papertowel?!  How incredible is that? All these pics will enlarge if you click on them! 



AND a PostCard newbie!!!! This lovely Home Sweet Home PostCard is from Violet over there at Crafty Violet's Chaos! I'm so glad she was inspired to give it a go. Isn't it beautiful! I love her little house! And all the depth she created. 

And last but not least .... another Krisha card!!   She did this with Inktense water color pencils. Isn't it just amazing!? She was inspired by this video from the ArtSherpa..... I totally plan on trying this on canvas one day......... This is the same lady who inspired my 'Van Gogh Lantern'.........In this last photo is also my ever present morning cup of coffee for Elizabeth's T Stands for Tuesday!!! 

I cannot tell you enough just how wonderful it has been to open my mailbox and find these lovely cards inside... The Artist in you inspires the Artist in me!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart! The house construction is encroaching on my artistic space so my postcards may become few and far between for awhile.... But i hope soon that will pass too and i will get back to creating...  Big Hugs! deb


17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

LOVE your om dragon, so beautiful, and glad you found time for some of your art in spite of all the hard work and chaos! Thanks for sharing so much loveliness with us today, hugs, Valerie

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Ok, the ohmmmy dragon is cool...but I never would have thought he was a dragon. Honestly, I think he came to your subconscious from some bug you uncovered when you were tearing the house up, lol. But if you want to call him a dragon...well, I will too!! Now that SUN is my kind of doodling and if I could doodle and make a doodle look like something besides a daisy I would doodle a sun...but I LOVE...L-O-V-E your sun looking at the moon.

You got some really cool postcards from your artsy friends. Very cool! I'm so glad you took some time to sketch. I've missed you!
xx, Carol

The Weaver of Grass said...

A friend has been given a rather modern 'adult' colouring book jinxy and she is really enjoying doing the patterns in it.

Krisha said...

Well, after two weeks I was beginning to wonder if you had sheet rocked yourself into a corner and didn't leave a doorway!! LOL!

I've been busy ( it goes in spurts ya know) I did get my Gecko PC and I truly LOVE IT!!

I really, really like your sun doodle! Your OHM dragon is a handsome fella too.

CraftyViolet said...

Glad to hear that you have just been busy and not sick - or that hubby didn't board you up!! Love your sketches as always! Glad the postcard finally arrived. It took forever to get there and I was getting a little worried it wasn't going to show up. I've now added, 'making hand-crafted postcards' to my list of hobbies - like I needed another one!!

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh what a complete delight to see so many artistic creations! Love your dragon (which does remind me of a mountain goat)and that sun doodle is fabulous! What lovely postcards from cyber friends...happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your art has a genuine flare and it was good to see you are creating again. It is sometimes hard to get back in the swing of things, even if it's on a small scale. I know how extremely hard work you have been doing, so this was a welcome breather for you, I'm sure.

You got some beautiful mail art. I was really intrigued by Krisha's paper towel postcard. How unique. And for a first time swapper, your new friend Violet's postcard was fun and uplifting.

Thanks for sharing this postcard art and yours, too, while you drank your coffee for T this week. We're glad you are back!

Valerie-Jael said...

I was already here, so I will just wish you a great week, and a happy T day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

So many fab art ! Great dragon and lovely postcards from friends!
Thank you for sharing all with us!
Happy T-Day!
oxo
Susi

Darla said...

I like the dragon a lot as well as your tangle type doodles. Seeing all the terrific post cards makes me want to jump in and play. Maybe in a few weeks.

Darla

Viktoria Berg said...

Your doodles make me want to doodle, too! However, I just freeze up when I try to just go with what´s in my mind - I guess it´s rather empty, at least image-wise... Happy T-Day!

Dianne said...

L♥ve the dragon! I think the way the horns are shaped may be what caused a resemblance to a 'goat'? not the face...it is awesome. Really adore the sun and moon piece you did, and had to smile about 'what comes out the end of your pencil,' like it's magic! grin* we know it's really YOU. terrific postcards, lucky you! ...happy T day!!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the shape of your coffee cup. It looks like it would feel good in your hand :) Happy T Tuesday!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Fantastic art! Your drawings are great and what wonderful art from your friends too! Happy T Day! Chrisx

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Nice doodles. Your new drawing is a what? Kind of cool, kind of creepy. Glad the house is coming along. Nice mail. I owe you some. xox

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day!! WOW, how awesome all this art is, both yours and the ones you received. LOVE THEM!! I guess your mailman has been busy. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Darn, I didn't visit last week, so I missed seeing the Om Dragon in the header. What did you create with him? He's really neat and whimsical. You should be illustrating books like The Hobbit with all the fascinating whimsical creatures.

All the post cards are wonderful. Thanks for sharing mine. I'm glad you like it :D