Sunday, October 11, 2015

I Think i Need to Buy a HardHat......


Fall has arrived in all her glory here in Northwest Arkansas.... The leaves are turning... the acorns falling (hence the need for a hardhat)... lol The deer have on their winter coats.... much darker than their summer coats.. If you forgot what they looked like this summer go here.....The fawns have lost their spots....no longer wee babies... 


The bucks have lost the velvet off their horns and they are looking glorious... 


There have been a few tussles ... but really i think they are just testing the waters.... not really 'serious' yet... I do see them chasing the does around the yard though... 


We have been BUSY!! We are even further along than what i'm about to show you but this will get you close... Okay where i left you on the house was the master bedroom.... This pic above is the master bath... You know LOVE the windows , love the light... but it really does put a kink into planning a bathroom... But we are going to make it work for us....



Got everything stripped 




You know as we work on the house and tear out sheet rock... we find little notations written on the boards dating back i'm sure to the 70's when the house was built... But they are boring little notes... measurements... instructions... I thought i would leave something a little more interesting... lol  ... This house has seen the passing of one wife... and a few broken relationships... a divorce... I think i needed to make sure this house knew that from now on ' LOVE is spoken here!'  :)  



I'm sure you remember this..... uuughh..



It had to GO!!! That sucker weighed 400 lbs at least!!! I have no idea what it was made of but it felt like concrete!


Hubs down there doing his thing!


Remember the walk in closet... 


yep gutted it too.... sigh.. are you tired yet??? I'm tired....


Here's a good reason we are pulling the sheetrock and rewiring... When someone added in the vent over the stove... this is how they wired it in.... ummmm .....NOOOOoooo! You don't just wrap electrical tape around it... ! People! Plus you can see its just two strand wire....no ground....sigh........ Next week i'll try to remember to show you how they fooled the inspector.....that and the fact we had a lazy inspector...... 




I KNOW you gotta be tired by now... lol... But if you managed to make it this far i'll show you what i've been working on.... A couple PostCards!!   I found this little guy on an ad for Valspar paint... at the hardware store .... go figure... i think i live there now....  




The background is what i do with my leftover paint on the palette. I hate to see it go to waste .. It ended up making a nice rainbow background for my little chameleon... The sun comes from one of those jewelry tattoo kits... I found some on sale hoping i could craft with them and guess what?? They go on paper as well as skin!! 
Now this little guy is for my Tea People over there at Ms. Elizabeth's and Bleubeard's...  We meet every Tuesday for ...you guessed it T..... or in my case coffee... We had a new JoAnn's store open up in my town and i went in armed with a 50% off coupon and i couldn't resist him.. he's too cute...  Happy happy Tday everyone! This next week will be a busy week as we push to the finish line..... theres a little pinprick of light at the end of the tunnel my friends.. Hugs! deb

PS you can click on the pictures to enlarge them!!!

24 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Oh my, the amount of work you have done on that house! I do believe you could have bought a lot somewhere and built a brand new house! But new houses don't have that lived in feeling do they!

Love your new postcard! Such a good idea using phony tattoos. I'm going to look for some now too - like I need more embellishments!!




Valerie-Jael said...

Oh my, my back starts aching when I think about all that work, but you are doing a good job and making it into a safe and happy home. Love your idea of writing love messages. Thanks for sharing he wonderful photos of the deer. Have a good week and a happy T day, although it's M-day! Hugs, Valerie

The Weaver of Grass said...

I am just staggered when I see all the work you have both done since moving in, but Iam sure that once it is all finished you can sit back and enjoy it and be proud of what you have both done.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

O Man, I can't wait to see what you do with that bathroom. And what about the walk in closet!! I recognized that Valspar chameleon from TV!! You have made him so pretty. Glad your painting during all your home upheaval. Love the deer...you have so MANY!!

Have a great day. Your little mouse is too cute. Hope he was not a sketch from a model you found hiding in the cupboard!!
xx, Carol

Divers and Sundry said...

That kind of cheating in wiring is scary. I have a friend whose parents had a lazy inspector. The inspector's work-related insurance had to pay to fix code violations that he didn't catch. It was a pain, but at least they didn't have to foot the bill.

Krisha said...

What really cool PCs from the Valspar ads......I love that little guy and his mate.

So when are you going to really get to work......LOL!!! I can't believe the wiring they did.....best reason to tare it all out and redo it......such a safety hazard.

Love your little notes on the beams, I'm sure this house knows your love for it. I would Love anybody who would give me such a face lift. Can't wait to see how the bathroom turns out, I adore natural light in a bathroom, and would keep those windows too.

I used to collect House Mouse stamps, when they first started appearing in the stores.......so I have quite a few. I still think they are stink'en cute.

Well, I'm off to finish the laundry and get my T-day post done early too.

Have a great week hanging sheetrock!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What a great post - a little bit of everything! What you wrote on the board brought tears to my eyes. So sweet. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when someone uncovers it 100 years from now.

Your photos of the deer are fabulous. The buck looks so majestic.

I love, LOVE, love the chameleon card. And the titmouse in the tea cup is adorable!

My you've been busy!

kathyinozarks said...

You have some awesome deer visitors! we are not seeing too many as of yet, but we have seen a big turkey flock several times-I love to see them. You guys are making soooo much progress-so much work too-it will be nice to have all the house done at once--we had very scarey wiring in the walls here too-so hubby redid all the wiring in the house and the plumbing too. still no inspections at all here where i live--scarey

Viktoria Berg said...

Well, I´m relieved you had that wiring fixed! Some people have no sense of consequence.. Love your little T-creature! Happy T Day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was here earlier, but my connection was lost, so I had to call AT&T to get it back.

Golly, Deb. I swear you must have put as much into that house as you paid for it. You have done a TON of work. I agree the wiring is truly shoddy and could have lead to an electrical fire.

I adore your little Valspar guy. Your postcards are adorable. You did a great job and recycling always makes me smile.

Thanks for sharing your continued remodel, your dear deer, and your adorable little mouse drawing with us for T this Tuesday.

Carol said...

I'm exhausted just looking at all of the work you have gotten done ! It will be great to see the GRAND TOUR when you have finished. The love notes inside the walls are cool ♥ Your deer are beautiful ..I love it when we see them in our yard and then I'm calling them nasty names when I realize that they have eaten mt plants and in dry years drank most of the water in the fish pond :(

Linda Kunsman said...

You did a great job of making me tired and achy Deb-lol! SO much work but what progress you are making. I love the idea of leaving little messages like yours before finishing walls. I bet you know the hardware store like I know the grocery store:) Nice that you found something to get some art play in. And what a cute stamp-I remember those "House Mouse" stamps very well-and think I own one yet:) Happy T day!

Darla said...

You two are doing so much work on that house. Amazing results at the end I'm sure. Can't believe you still managed a little creative time. The mouse in the cup is adorable.

Lorraine said...

what a delight to see deers after all the house work and I love your sketches too

Lori said...

That is a lot of deer, holy moley!

We have found a lot of stuff not up to code. It fools the inspector if the inspector never comes to check work. A lot of people remodel without the papers. It's not always needed, but new wiring needs to be checked.

Lisca Meijer said...

Those deer are beautiful! By the looks of it you will be able to see them from your bath!
Wow, there is a lot of work involved. I can't wait to see the 'after' photos, now that I have seen the 'before'.
Don't know how people get away with certain stuff. We found a lot of electrical things not up to scratch. In fact so worryingly dangerous that my husband had to do some emergency repairs/adjustments before we have the place completely rewired. In Europe we are not allowed to do any electrical work ourselves, but it seems that in previous years people didn't bother.
I just love your little 'mouse in a mug'. Absolutely irresistible!

pearshapedcrafting said...

My you are moving on with the work! I love what you have done with the card! The little mouse is so cute too! Good Luck with finishing everything! Chrisx

Denise Price said...

Hello! It's great to catch up with you and see how your house is coming along. I like your "love is spoken here" note--you definitely left good karma with that.

It's also great to catch up with the deer. They look good in their new winter coats. :)

Speaking of coats, the weather has been so crazy here that I'll wear a coat one day, then shorts and a t-shirt the next day!

I love what you've done with the Valspar chameleon. I remember that there used to be some cute TV commercials that featured him, and I always liked him. He looks right at home on your rainbow postcards!

Hope you're having a good T Day! :)

Rita said...

OMG! You guys have done so much work already!! So much more to do, too. It will be so wonderful when you are all done. Keep heading for that pinprick of light, Baby!! This is awesome. I love seeing all the pictures of your progress.

The chameleon--so clever how you repurposed him. And I love the Mouse House mouse in a cup stamp! How cute is he! Be sure to regularly rest up, too--both of you. Happy T-Day!

Dianne said...

the chameleon is certainly a bright spot in a sea of construction! he's so cute, and love the little mousie too...good for you leaving the 'love note' ~ I think that's brilliant!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

That's alot of deer. Seems like you are in a deer sweet spot. Beware hunters I guess. Love your take on the changing colors ad! And that mouse is an artist that does cards. I used to buy her work when I bought for a bookstore. Love me some mouse. xox

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Trying to get caught up with everyone, Deb! I love all your colorful doodles and the fact that you take little breaks for art must be refreshing. I love the idea of adding little notes behind your renovations--we did it, too when we put up the wainscoting in our dining room.

The deer are looking healthy and mature now--I wonder if all the acorns falling signal any particular type of winter?

Happy T Day!

johanna said...

oh my, all that work... but really worth the effort! i wish i had such beautiful deer nearby for making lots of photos...

~*~Patty S said...

Love your love note to your house that you two are making into such a special home Deb!
Great deer shots and your postcards are lovely too.
Happy other T Day to ya.
oxo
p.s. thank you for your visit to my Magpie's Nest!