Sunday, November 22, 2015

Another Fly By Post...........


Hi Everybody!!!!! I'm so sorry i missed the Tea Party last week... sometimes with working on the house its just hard find the time to put together a post...  But this week i made it!!! I did not take a dedicated 'Tea' picture but i'm hoping as i look thru these photos i can find a darn can of soda sitting there somewhere!!! LOL! You'll help me look  won't you?? I thought you might like to see the finished owl picture. I think he came out pretty good for my first owl... I'll have to see what else i can come up with... Did anyone else print it and color it? I'd love to see! 

 The house ... the house lets get back to the house... remember 2 weeks ago i left you at the front door on a ladder scraping the ceiling and sheetrock etc...  Well this is the big bay window area where i take all those deer photos ...its all done........


Then this is moving on in the same area... see the scraped ceiling...and fireplace taped off...


Hubs pondering the last of the electrical that needs to be done... A few plugs left in the kitchen to do but we will do that when we do the kitchen....which will be laaaasstt.....


Okay you remember the kitchen right?? With the island and sticking out and the bars that make it look like a prison...??



Well we just got tired of it one day and decided to take it apart to see how open it would look...Wowza!!! Big difference.. I will use those cabinets in my craft room after they've been painted. They are waaay too dark for me... 


Remember the niches?? They are coming along... 


Remember that door?? 


Well it is no more... there is a wall there now...!!


When we took out the toilet so we could turn it around (decided to just get a new toilet too)and the carpet and old linoleum underneath we found the floor pretty rotten from old leaks.... enlarge the pic above its pretty bad....


Hubs re-configuring the plumbing so we could turn the toilet around... 


Aaaahhh a new floor....


See toilet turned around and the new wall studs are in....


Hubs sheetrocked it and the toilet is now a part of the 'bathroom' and not the 'bedroom'!!!Pssst if you look on top of that bucket by the window.... isn't that a can of soda?? Diet Mt.Dew if i'm not mistaken...hubs drink of choice..... :)

And incase you've been wondering how Jinxy boy has been doing with all this construction....???? Well lets just say he takes it in stride... He loves his sunpuddle .... Its what  i love about cats...give them food, water... a potty box... and some lovin' when asked for and he's content... My sweet boy...  

Well thats it! You are all up to date!  The only thing i haven't shown you is the taping and floating or mudding of the walls.... boring...but i'll try to show you some next week...  I'm so glad you stopped by for a visit. I missed my Tea People last week! Hugs! deb

14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

wow taking that island out makes a huge difference-much nicer space-and looks perfect for storage in your craft room--hope you guys take a few days off for the holidays-you deserve it! hugs Happy Thanksgiving

Valerie-Jael said...

You have been so busy, no wonder you find time for anything! Good to see your photos again and all the improvements you are making, it will be wonderful when it is done. Enjoy your can of water, and have a lovely week! Hugs, Valerie

The Weaver of Grass said...

I am totally fazed by the huge amount of splendid work you have done on the house - when it is finished it will be absolutely marvellous. Well done to both of you.

CraftyViolet said...

What a difference you are making to that house. I bet the old owner would not even think it was his house. Awesome that you both know how to do so much of the work yourselves. I'm pretty good at taking things apart but putting them back together is another story!!

Love your owl! I didn't print it off but your sketches are so good I bet you could make one of those adult colouring books to sell.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your home is finally starting to come together. I like the looks of the kitchen already. Yes, removing the wall was ideal.

Glad you shared your updates with us for T this week. It is all looking so much better. Happy Thanksgiving, too, Deb.

Linda Kunsman said...

SO much work to be done, no wonder you haven't had much time for anything else-wow! Thanks for sharing the continued renovations . Glad to see Jinxy is doing well. Happy T day and a happy Thanksgiving!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

You were so busy.. and all looks so wonderful! I can see how super all will turn out in the end! oxo
Susi

Carol said...

Love the Owl!!! I don't know where you got the print from but it's very cool ♥ You are really getting a lot done with the house. It will be great when it is finished and you can enjoy your new home :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is finding it hard to keep up with blogging--although I am not remodeling a home, LOL! You guys are doing a wonderful job and it is terrific that you can do all this work yourself! I myself just got finished replacing a zone valve motor which zonked out last night!Happy Thanksgiving!

Halle said...

Wow!! It's really coming along. What a huge commitment.

Darla said...

Your owl is so colorful. It is amazing the amount of work you two have done. I know you must be happy with all the changes.

Dianne said...

Terrific progress...you are creating your own 'home improvement show!' Hope you get a chance to enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Wow, the kitchen - good decision. Break out of that jail cell! I finally "get" what's happening in the MB. You guys are incredible. keep saying, "It will all be worth it" over and over, because it clearly will!! Hugs,

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thank you my dear for saying what you really feel about poverty and the state of the world. I admire your courage for writing it. Of course you are totally entitled to your opinion and I agree with you in so many ways. Those of us (me included) who managed to scrape together enough money and buy and do up a house - as I did too in my first marriage, who never had any money to spare and who found things to do to earn a bit more, know the true value of money. It is just that reading all the Christmas stuff we here in the UK are bombarded with and seeing how much it costs made me realise that we do live in such an unjust world. My very best wishes to you.