Monday, November 9, 2015

Woefully Behind...............


I'am woefully behind in keeping you up to date on the house . We are much further along than this post suggests.... BUT we are still woefully behind where we had hoped to be at this point...We were sick for about a week with some sinus thing in October and then i just think we are running out of steam...(too many hooky days off) But here let me get you caught up a little... 
We left off last post in the master bath/bedroom area... This first pic is still in that area... See the bed.... and then on the wall is the door to the toilet room on the left and closet on the right ( We have a huge walk in closet in here too remember? so we could afford to lose this one) ....okay.. got it? 


Well i got in there and started gutting the toilet room... I wanted to save the tile for a craft project later on...You know me always thinking that way...lol  Getting that tile off with a hammer and putty knife without breaking any was a bear... 



Enlarge this picture above and it will make more sense... We took the sink out that was in the toilet room and took down the wall... basically eliminating the toilet room and the closet...  

There maybe the above pic shows it better... I don't have a pic showing it but we also took down the wall behind the toilet because the toilet will be turned around...


Then we took down the sheetrock between the master bedroom and Hall bathroom... That had to come down because it was covered halfway up with tile and the tile tore up the sheetrock as it came off.. uughh... Needless to say we put THAT wall back up... lol 



Heres a look at some of the demolition of the Hall bath..All that has been tore out now and most of it put back...This tub area did not have a shower ... just a tub so hubs and i will be adding a shower... trying our hand at tiling it ourselves...oooh boy... That window you see we will be doing glass tiles there... We are keeping the tub.. its a low tub but cast iron. We don't have many visitors who will be using the shower so i'm not concerned the tub is not very deep. Most people will not use the tub just step over it for a shower and with it being low it makes it easier to step in... Thats my reasoning anyway...lol



Now to put it all back together... This is the toilet room/closet  (see the toilet)  Enlarge this picture and you will see hubby...lol So basically this little bit has been added onto the master bedroom... We are call it a reading nook... 


Hubs had a brilliant idea to add niches into the wall ... i realize they may not be everyones cup of tea but i like them. And i like them especially cause they were hub's idea... We'll just have to see how it all comes together.. 

Now see the toilet will be turned around so it faces actually into the master bathroom... that wall will be going back up so you won't see the toilet from the bedroom... That door is going away... it leads out onto the deck... um i don't want an outside door in my master bath...  We just purchased some siding that matches whats on the house (at least close as we can) Its on the back side of the house so not readily visible.. With those 4 huge windows in the master bath.. wall space is at a premium in there... so this will help... 


Now we moved on to around the front door... Under that tarp is my rolltop desk where i've been doing a little artwork.. So that came to a screeching halt for awhile.. 



Had to pull out the BIG ladder to work over this vaulted area above the door... Ask me if i enjoyed climbing that huge ladder and scraping that ceiling.... NNNOOOOoooo! But i put my big girl panties on and got up there.....

Then hubs who is alot more fearless than i got up there and tore out the sheetrock and insulation...Its not shown but the insulation and sheetrock is back in this area too.... 

 Whew!   Are you tired yet???   Like i mentioned we are much further than this and next week i will do more to get you caught up... Here is my cup of morning coffee for Ms. Elizabeth's T stands for Tuesday....  Drinking it while catching up with the Art Sherpa...  As you can see in the header the sketching continues..... If anyone would like to print it off and color it themselves... feel free... I'd love to see it if you do......... See you next week! Hugs! deb








23 comments:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Wow, Deb, you guys are amazing to tackle big jobs like this on your own. You're doing a fabulous job! A reading nook in the bedroom sounds lovely. I'm having a hard time envisioning where the bathroom will be and its size, so I can't wait to see more pics.

Love the photo of your hubby peeking through the niche. You should enlarge that picture of him and actually put it there permanently - lol.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Deb I am amazed by all the hard work you and your husband have put into this house. When you finish you will have one beautiful home. Thank you for keeping us posted and progress - I hope you are saving the photos so that you can put them all into a book at the end and admire your handiwork.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Goodness, you guys are really an inspiration! Sorry you were both sick, but a few days off is probably a good thing. I just love the tangled owl! Happy T Day!

CraftyViolet said...

Good Lord woman I am in awe of you and hubby and what you have accomplished....and I'm tired just from reading about it. Your home is going to be so lovely when you get it done. Love the owl sketch....'cus I love owls! Glad you still have some time for art!

kathyinozarks said...

wow what a ton of work you two have gotten into-exhausting for sure-always worth it in the end-hugs-hope you will be getting missed by the big storms coming in on wednesday

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lots of work but ooooo how much you will love it when it's done. We enlarged our bathroom by using the small bedroom next to it. One thing I would suggest if you haven't finished the bathroom yet is to add a handicap handle next to the tub area. We did that and as we are aging I can't tell you how handy it is to grab when raising a leg over the tub to get in and out. You are attacking that house like we did when we were kids!! Incidentally, I love the nooks in the walls. Terry did that a few times, but mostly a large area between 2 x 4s to give me receded shelves. I always love that! Great update!!
xx, Carol

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

WOW you are really doing alot of work. I like the nooks in the wall too, cute idea. I would have done a few things different here, but we plan on selling in a few years, so saving some ideas for the next house.

Valerie-Jael said...

What a great post, and hat off to all you two have done, just unbelievable! Love the progress photos, and the one with hubby looking through the wall, what fun. I love the idea with the niches in the walls, too. Glad you found time for a cup of coffee! Have a good week and a happy T day, hugs, Valerie

Lori said...

Man - that is so much work. I feel for you - but way to progress! It always takes longer than you plan for. Even when you say that and add extra time, it still takes longer LOL!

Halle said...

You two really have been changing things up. You must have saw the diamond in the rough with this place. I'm not sure I'd be that brave. We've done one kitchen remodel in our old house and that was enough for while. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I've heard that renovating a house is harder than building from scratch. Seeing all you've done convinces me that's true! Wow!

Happy T Tuesday :)

froebelsternchen Susi said...

You were so so busy ! Great what you do there...
We ( have to say my hubby - he does the most things alone without any help)are always a bit behind with our renovation plans ..but in the end all will be done and all will be wonderful .. am I right? Wishing power to you and your hubby!
Happy T-Day! Love your new header!
oxo
Susi

Krisha said...

OMG!!! I need a nap now!! I am so looking forward to the "We are finished" photos!!!
I need to catchup with the Art Sherpa too. Don't ya just love her??

Happy T-day my friend

Dianne said...

wow. I am tired just reading about all the tearing down and putting back up. it takes so long when you DIY...at least anything we've ever tried! looks great so far! happy T day!

Linda Kunsman said...

I really don't think I'd have the stamina to renovate a house to this extent-nor would I put on my big girl panties and climb that ladder! I am loving your doodled header-especially the tree key:) Happy T day!

johanna said...

oh Boy, i hope we won´t get into a renovation Situation so soon... but when all will be done, you will be super happy! take care!
happy t-day!

Denise Price said...

I love the idea of having a reading nook in the bedroom, and I think that the niches will look great. Keep up all the good work; you and your husband are doing a super job. Happy T Day!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Wanted to tell you just how I freeze the apple slices..
first I shock frost them on a tablet, afterwards I fill them in packages.
It comes so handy for applecake or apple strudel during the wintermonths ....
last year I made that for the first time and had apple-slices until March of this year.. I bake applestrudel or applecake nearly each week I must admit...lol. Our apples are not meant to store ..so I came up with this unusual idea.
oxo
Susi

~*~Patty S said...

Golly Deb!
You two deserve a rest...
shame it took getting sick to slow you down.
Each step you take must give you such satisfaction on a job well done.
Take care of yourself.
Happy T Day oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It seems you have replaced every wall, every room, and every ceiling in your house so far. You could have purchased a brand new home for the price you may end up spending, but of course, doing it all yourself is so fulfilling, rewarding, and cost saving.

I've taken tiles off a bath tub before, and it's not fun. My friend wanted to save her tiles, so I did it for her. I only broke FOUR, so I understand your care with it, too.

Thanks for the update, as well as your coffee for T this Tuesday. Love the owl with the key around his neck and the heart with a lock.

Neesie said...

Wow Debb, that owl is fantastic... I love the key.
I have to say I feel for you with all the work that you're doing because I've been there. We renovated two bathrooms and replaced 37 windows and doors when we first arrived back from Australia. Oh yes and decorated throughout plus a roof repair!
Have fun zentangling (hehe) and a wonderful weekend ;D

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Deb, I know I was here yesterday, but just wanted to say Happy T Day! Hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

OMG, what a work!! i love the niches especially!
happy t- day to you!