Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Hodge Podge........................


..........of photos I've been wanting to show you since coming to Arkansas but just never found the time...I also wanted to show you the colored drawing of the Pyramid Cat...... Remember it all started with that pyramid that i had no idea what to do with.......And there's my ever present cup of early morning coffee for my Tea People... 


I'm so sorry i missed everyone last week..... Sometimes things just get crazy around here.... right now my kitchen has been tore up for two days... while hubby does the electric and plumbing... then insulate and put it all back together... uuughh.. washing any dishes in the bathroom sink is no fun... For now the old cabinets will go back in place.....probably not ready for new cabinet til later in the year.........


This is from just when we arrived in Arkansas....VERY nice welcome center .......lots and lots of info on what to do and see in Arkansas.........


You can tell it was April... the dogwoods were in bloom......


Above is what the city of Rogers looked like back in 1905.... We've come a long way baby... All of these photos will enlarge if you click on them........


We've also walked around Pea Ridge State Park. A small piece of the 'Trail of Tears' goes thru it....

You can read about it if you like....... I have a drop or two of indian blood in me.... Lenni Lenape .... you?


This is an old house in Rogers. I just love it. I'm tempted to try to draw it......

 If you don't enlarge any other photo , enlarge this one... Its beautiful!  We were on a windy twindy road and there was this bench there along side the road... apparently we weren't the only ones who appreciated the view... Just had to stop and sit a moment...... and just breathe.........


We passed thru Eureka Springs on our way to Branson , MO... Great , great place to wander around and shop and browse... this is another good photo to enlarge.... She's a lovely mosaic.....

 OOOoo...oooo ... enlarge this one too! That King Kong was just incredibly lifelike on the side of that building........like CRAZY lifelike... I would not be lying if i told you my breath caught for just a moment upon seeing it........!

Hows that for a bit of randomness over Tea????  We are still plugging away on the house... like i said above its all about the kitchen at the moment... we are taking offers on texturing our walls.... So far the prices have been pretty high......still flirting with the idea of doing it ourselves........sigh...... cross your fingers for a good outcome no matter what we do!  Take care and have an awesome week!!! If you'd like to share your drink with some more lovely Tea People just hop on over to Ms. Elizabeth's T stands for Tuesday...on Tuesday that is...lol Hugs! deb

24 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I love your clever drawing Deb.

It makes me tired just thinking about all the work you are doing on your house, but what a satisfying feeling you will both get when it is all finished.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Love the Banner
You live in a interesting area with lots of great places to hike...right up your alley!! Thanks for sharing pics of the interested places you have been.
XX, Carol

kathyinozarks said...

Hi enjoyed all the photos--with all the hard work you two have been doing in your home-texturing the walls is actually the easiest and most fun of all of it-hope it all works out well for you-

Elly said...

Oh my....Hats off! I had to catch up with all your removal. Great house, great place but ...oh my....all that huge work. I really love your writing about it and all your humor, you never seem to lose.Learned a new word, too ( spring chicken) I know exactly how you feel and i never get tired watching pictures and reading a real *building up a new home* story. Actually i think replacing isolation is just another kind of crafting. What a great idea with the niches. Keep well - see you soon! xoxo

Eileen Bergen said...

Great pictures, Deb. You really are learning to ... just breathe, aren't you? Where is the King Kong building. That is very cool.

How you fit all your wonderful art in between floating and taping and demolition work - yuk - is awesome. I love the Pyramid Cat. He's quite Egyptian and mythical.

CraftyViolet said...

Love your photos and really love your colouring of the Pyramid cat. Once again, you should be drawing these for publication in an adult colouring book! I get my colouring in by colouring the stamped images for my cards so I haven't bought any of the trendy ones.

Nice that they are honouring the Natives with the Trail of Tears. Sad times back then. My grandmother was Mohawk Indian so lots of Native blood running through my veins.

Dianne said...

So much fun and wonderful stuff to see here! your art work is stunning, and love all the scenic photos...I would have done a double-take also, seeing King Kong like that! Lenni Lenape, I have only heard talked about by Boy Scouts, as that is the tribe that their honor & service group uses as a model for their ceremonies and garb. Most people use the term 'Delaware.' Is it the same? anyway, interesting to meet someone with the true heritage! I have tried to research their crafts, and it is hard to find much info. Glad you were able to join the T party today, I missed last week also...happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I would also like to know where the King Kong is located, since I have been all over that area. In fact, I owned property just outside Eureka Springs at one time. I've stayed in Eureka Springs on several occasions, too. Did you see the Redeemer statue that looks like the one in Brazil? And I visited the Pea Ridge battlefield, where it was more of a walking trail than some I've been to.

That pyramid that now holds a cat is superb. I really like it and it fits you so well.

I bet you are tired of remodeling. But it will be worth it at this time next year, I'm sure.

I love the mug. BTW, how are the deer in your area doing? Are they still visiting?

Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos of my old stomping grounds and also your lovely art and coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful new header, and hanks for sharing all those lovely photos- Have a great week and a happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

that pyramid cat is hilarious!! i hope it will stay as Header for a Long time...
brave you are on renovation... you will be rewarded!
happy t-day!

My name is Erika. said...

Great sketch! It is so much fun.Great bright colors! Can't wait to see what you kitchen finally looks like...I bet doing dishes in the bathroom sink is major Pain. I'm planning on doing some work in mine this summer. Hope life gets back to normal soon.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

You are so talented! The pyramid cat is just stunning!

Enjoyed the photos as I have never been to Arkansas--the mermaid mosaic is amazing, and I would think you can see King Kong from quite a distance.

Linda Kunsman said...

thank you for taking us around your wonderful new home town Deb. The photos are fantastic I loved going over each one enlarged-beautiful views too! Your tangle page is marvelous! I have tried a few times but am just not into it right now... hoping your kitchen is in good working order soon. Happy T day!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Wow- this new header is ADORABLE Deb!
Lovely photos as well!
Happy T-Day and I send power for the renovation furthermore!
You are so busy!
oxo
Susi

Darla said...

Nice to catch up with you. Sometimes life is just too hectic or overwhelming to blog but I do miss my blogging community. Looks like you have made lots of headdway on the house () peeked back to previous post) I really like your colorful blog header too.

Krisha said...

WOW! I know I wasn't on the PC much over the holidays, but I didn't realize how many of your posts I missed!

The renovations are really coming along nicely. Our son scrapped the popcorn off the ceilings, in his house, re mudded them......what a job!! My advice...have somebody else to the texture on the walls.

Great photos of your trip east, the area sure is pretty, and as always I LOVE your art. Since you have the photo of the house you should give drawing it a try........think of all the doodling you could do to it......LOL

Happy T-day my friend!!!

voodoo vixen said...

I am really loving that coloured drawing of the pyramid with the cat, what stunning art. Hope the kitchen progresses nicely for you, it is such a major nightmare when it is out of action, I still get the heebiejeebies thinking about the months it took to sort mine out. Beautiful photographs, that mosaic one is beautiful. Happy T Tuesday to you! Annette

~*~Patty S said...

"Tell your ma
tell your pa..."
someday I would really like to visit Arkansas!
Thanks for sharing your fun post Deb.
Wonderful colorful artwork too!
Happy T Day to you oxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wonderful post! I loved the look around your area! Your cat on the pyramid looks great now it is coloured in too! Hope you get straight soon - having limited plumbing is not good!! Hugs, Chrisx

Rita said...

Hey, Deb! I loved all the pictures!! Sounds like you guys are really in the thick of it in the kitchen. I had to wash dishes in the bathtub once for a month. Gets really old--LOL! It will be so nice when it is all done. Love your pyramid cat painting!! Happy T-Day! :)

Lisca Meijer said...

Your header is absolutely beautiful!
I really enjoyed reading your post today. Lovely photos of Roger and the area. I assume it is where you live now. I have had to look it up on the map and discovered that the borders of Ark, Oke and Mo are close to one another. (My US geography is pants!)
I feel for you with the house renovations etc. We have been living on a building site for more than a year now. So far we have one bedroom! We are doing it ourselves too. Correction: My DH is doing it, I'm no good at these things.
Thanks for visiting earlier,
Have a good week,
Lisca

Divers and Sundry said...

I _love_ Eureka Springs! Such a fun place to visit :) Happy T Tuesday -on Wednesday ;)

Karla B said...

I love your drawing!Beautiful!The colors are brathtaking!I love your photos and your new header too!What a magical place you've been too!Happy belated T-Day :)!

Jeanne said...

My parents used to live near Rodgers, and love visiting that area