Saturday, January 9, 2016

NO,NO Don't Run Away...................




............I promise you only a quick House Update...lol  We have been crazy busy around here.... first .. back in Nov.. I lost my desire to make new posts... all i had to talk about was the house... my life... for now... then the Holidays came around  and then the first of  the year we hit the computer/office room hot and heavy..you'll see a pic below... no way was i typing a blog post in there... But now things have calmed down... i'm calmer... I hope you'll come back and visit me and catch up....



Remember we took that door out in the Master Bedroom? Well we found some siding to match and put that on...



Then i don't know if you remember or not but the storage room downstairs had a huge double door leading outside. They were severely rusted out and had a doggie door.. sorry cat people here.. lol . So we took them out..and put up new siding.. One less entry to worry about security when we decide to travel ... you know... when the house is done...  Putting up the siding was a little more difficult than we thought... but we got it done with minimal cussing..lol For your future knowledge... its much MUCH easier to just put up a whole wall of siding than it is to try to patch or replace partial..just saying... 


Check List.... check off the Master Bedroom/Bath/Walkin Closet.... Those areas are ready for texture...........


The above pic may not look it but this is the Computer Room... Check that off the list too.....Its DONE and ready for texture as of yesterday(this photo is a little old)..................Woohoo! 


Guest Room.......final touches done to it today....Check this one off the list too........Whew!  Its slow going... Hubs and i are no taping and floating professionals...... but we are doing darn good if i do say so myself... We just have to do alot more sanding than say someone who knows what their doing......



See!  Its not all about the house! :)  If you've been visiting me for very long you know how i hate to just have my drawings sit around in a sketchbook or drawer.... I want to DO something with them... I want them somehow to be out in the world......As you can see from the above photo i apply that even to my photographs... See that cup of coffee my Tea People... :)  So i've been making note cards and postcards with my little owl drawing......and a few photographs... 


The sketchbook has been busy... really thats all i can do until we get unpacked... So i sketch while watching TV at night.... 


My sister~ in~law gave me a huge pack of sharpie pens... I don't normally color with markers but i had a blast coloring my flowers with them... A little frustrating that i couldn't blend them like i do with my pencils...........Hindsight being 20/20 i wish i would have made the  word 'GROW' bigger... ah well........
 Then i decided to try my hand at another girl...........


The eyes... the eyes are always gonna give me trouble i think... But i loved drawing and coloring the folds in the scarf......



This cat........ this cat comes with a story....  First scroll down and view the last picture......go ahead i'll wait......... Remember that pyramid from what a month ago??? Well i struggled mightily with drawing that cat on there with the wings... Still not thrilled with it... I first tried to draw it facing me ... forget it .. couldn't do it... then i finally got the side view out... geesh i mean i LIVE with a cat.. i KNOW what they look like....


Well not to be out done by a cat i tried again... but this time instead of drawing one with the ears pointed up and forward i laid them out to the side and bingo!!! This cat above fell out the end of my pencil in less than 5 minutes!! Granted its not  a highly detailed cat but STILL! I love it! Then i realized that Jinx's ears are rarely up straight and forward...I mean his emotions play out in his ears.. they are always moving... listening...... so i guess i'm used to seeing them out to the side..?!? go figure..

I'm coloring this Pryamid Cat as we speak.... I may not be thrilled with the fairy cat but i'am loving the light post....We'll see how it all comes together....... :) I'm so glad to be visiting with you again.. I've missed everyone. I hope you had a fabulous Christmas and your New Year has started out right...... We had snow flurries today.. the first since moving to Arkansas... It was so pretty!  I'm a little early with this post but it will eventually link up to Ms. Elizabeth's T stands for Tuesday post... Stay warm! Hugs! deb

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had time for some drawing in the midst of all that building and renovating. Take care of yourself and make sure you get your me time. Hugs,
Valerie

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Welcome back to blogalandia! I've missed your posts. What you've accomplished on the house is awesome. I'm really impressed with the siding job. Looks like a perfect match to me. I agree on the security of having fewer doors. It also gives you more wall space for art work inside ;-)

How you've had the strength and energy to sketch after long days of floating, taping and putting up siding is beyond me. Good for you. I love what you're doing - how you can just sit down and things will flow from your imagination straight out the pencil. Maybe I overthink sketching and should try doing it in front of the TV like you. I've read that doodling actually helps the analytical brain to concentrate. Did you used to get scolded for doodling (a.k.a. not paying attention) in school?

Sorry to ramble, it's just been so long since we've chatted like this ;-)

kathyinozarks said...

I am happy you are able to be creative during the house renovation. wow you two are going to be totally exhausted or just relieved when all your hard work is done-you guys took on such a huge project-I commend you guys for sticking with it too-so many of us just don't us being one of then.
brrrr extreme cold here this morning-its 5 degrees now plus below 0 wind chills-we are to warm back up though in a few days.
Happy Sunday

Lori said...

Do you skim coat or spray texture your walls? I have always just skim coated, which is really a pain in the ass, but when it is just a single wall, it's not worth renting the machine.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good Morning!!!! After the last time we dry walled I told Terry Never Again unless he learns to finish like his friend that can do it with a sponge and it's perfect. The house is looking great!!

Over the weekend we saw The Revenant. I know you love syfi, but this really IS a great movie and truly deserved it's Golden Globe awards.

xx, Carol

CraftyViolet said...

So nice to get an update - on you and your house. You and hubby are doing an awesome job on all these renovations. I'm sure you will be so happy when it's done and you can just relax and sketch to your heart content.

Love the cat drawing. Eyes are hard to draw. I finally learned not to make the iris a complete circle. The top of the iris is hidden. Do a Google search on how to draw eyes. There are lots of good instructions. That's what I did - but I still struggle drawing faces but it did help some.

Bitter cold here and blowing snow. Brrr.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

You have made great progress in the house! I've only done a little drywall work; there is a learning curve for sure, but yours looks good.

Glad you have had time to feed your artistic side--I do like the pyramid cat!

Happy T Day!

Janet said...

You have a LOT going on! I'm surprised you have time for art but I'm glad you do. Your owls are cute and a good idea for making them into cards. I also like the marker flowers. Sometimes I combine marker and colored pencil in order to get a little bit of shading. I love the colors of markers and sure wish they could be made blend-able.

Rita said...

OMGosh! So nice to see pics of all the work you guys have been doing! Wow! Time gets away from us--often. Glad to see a post and I love the orange and yellow cat! Happy T-Day! :)

Linda Kunsman said...

Happy to know that despite all the renovation works you are taking the time for creativity. I love how you are making cards of your art. Your girl looks great- I love her hair! Eyes are so hard but that's why I am taking online classes specifically for faces and have learned so much already. Your doodled cat piece is just fabulous Deb-wow!! And I think your flower piece done with the markers is striking with the bold colors. Well done all around. Happy T day!

~*~Patty S said...

So nice to see you back.
No wonder you have been occupied and immersed in your renovations which look like they are coming along beautifully.
What will you do with yourselves when it's all finished...
wait a minute...
you'll have time to RELAX and ENJOY the fruits of your labor!
Lovely artwork too dear Deb.
Happy New Year and Happy T Day oxo

Dianne said...

Really fun art work, and great progress on the house. Glad you still have energy left to do some drawing! happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So, so glad to see you back for T, Deb. This is wonderful, and it looks like you are really coming along on the work there. Sanding takes SO long and there's always a BIG mess, so I hope everything is well covered, because the sanded dust gets EVERYWHERE.

I love the cards, and YES, I see the cup. It and your owls are pure beauties.

So glad to have you back because we missed you. Thanks for sharing your cards with us, as well as the house updates for T this Tuesday.

johanna said...

wonderful sketchbook page with the flowers and i love the fiery cat!
happy belated t-day and rest of the week!

My name is Erika. said...

I can't wait to see what you do to the house once it is finished. Looks like a BIG project. Not wonder why you don't have tons of posts lately. Nice sketches though.

JillGA said...

I love your blog, Deb! So excited to see your art going forward and how the house turns out once done. Oh, and I really like the orange kitty, too. He's gorgeous! :-)

JillGA said...

Oh, and P.S. I have a HORRIBLE time getting the eyes right in my faces. The scarf is perfect!