Tuesday, February 9, 2016

How Many Faces....



............do you see???? Well now you see what i've been entertaining myself with in the evenings watching TV... :)I hope you'll try to count them. Leave me a number.. I'm in the process of coloring the page. I figured i need more practice drawing faces and this might be a good way to do that... I had sketched the idea for that vine a few years ago and never did anything with it so i used it too... 


Well everybody work on the house crawls along. This is the front entry way... The stairs had railing to hold on to and the question was to keep it or not? Hubs didn't care either way so I decided to keep it... We might appreciate it as we get older... However the railing HAD to be raised up... People in the 70's must have been shorter... If you wanted to use the railing to go downstairs you had to reach down to your knees or lower to get a hold of it. ... not acceptable... So as you can see we had to raise the wall a little so we could raise the railing...We might revisit this fix later but for now it will do... 


I just HAD to show you a picture of me doing something or you might think hubby was doing it ALL....lol... It was a little scary up there but it had to be done... If you look close you can see my poor craft desk covered up or almost covered up ... i just can't help getting in there now and then... lol 


There's no other way to say it... the kitchen is tore UP! In the pic above i'm getting ready to scrape the ceiling..... ALL the popcorn in the house is officially GONE! 

Then the cabinets came down...... I want a shelf on top of my cabinets so the little boxed in area above the cabinets had to come down.... what a mess.... I know i know it means more dusting but i've always wanted a little shelf above the cabinets to put whatnots and such.... and shoot if i get tired of it theres nothing to say we can't box it in later... But right now i'm excited about having it..




OOoooo boy........




Just Breathe Deb... just breathe....



At one point we could see into the bathroom from the kitchen...uuugh...  Had to take that wall down as you can see the main electrical runs down that wall to downstairs and hubs needed access... so much easier just to tear it out... 


This is what we found behind the kitchen sink... Its all taken care of now.... 


Hubs was very determined to give me a pantry in the kitchen...For now the old cabinet will go back in and life will go on. We don't plan on new cabinets until later in the year or even next year... We didn't even plan on tackling the kitchen but one thing led to another and hubs wanted to get the electrical done and plumbing so we said OOooh lets just do it... lol


When your kitchen is tore up you eat alot of this! 

But i still have my coffee station... you knew i would... This is an old pic from my CA days but i just love that cup.. :) Happy Tday to my TeaPeople... I hope you enjoyed the update!  We found out that having the walls textured by a professional is just too costly... Wow!  We have been in the wrong business all our lives! lol So... we've never done it before but we are going to give it a go... stay tuned... lol  Hugs! deb

21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh my, you are really busy, and still so much to do, but one day it will be done and then you can relax and put your feet up! Love your face vine! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

Wow! A lot of work! But somehow there's always gotta be time for a cuppa :) Happy T Tuesday.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love what you have already accomplished, and love to see you in your new element (on a ladder, instead of at your craft desk). Your whole house will be totally new by the time all is said and done.

Boy do I remember redoing my kitchen. I took my coffee maker upstairs to my office and that's where I ate meals, too. Thankfully my microwave oven is in my pantry, so at least I had a way to cook while the stove was unplugged. And do I ever remember popcorn ceilings. I was only able to get one done, because the rest of the house still has all that mess.

I've counted three times and come up with 15 all three times. So I'm going with 15!

Thanks for sharing your lovely faces vine, your unbelievable house remodel, and your cute mug of coffee for T this Tuesday.

Halle said...

Wow! You are a brave woman living in a construction zone. I have that same box/sofit/whatever you call it over my cabinets that I want gone as well. Just not brave enough to tackle that yet.
Happy T day!

Linda Kunsman said...

let me count the ways.... I see 17 fabulous faces amongst the vines! I really admire you and hubby for being so courageous and patient AND hard working on renovating your new home to your specifications. Don't know of many people who would go through all that at our age. Happy T day, and thanks for the updates too.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

OMGosh! This from the lday who doesn't draw faces? I count 17.

Yay - no more popcorn. Does that mean that all the ceiling work is almost done? Tough work - up on ladders and working abovehead. I think it strains every part of the body.

Boy you're reaping the benifits of gutting so much of the house. That mess behind the sink was a flood or mold problem waiting to happen.

Good luck with the texturing. You're an artist. I know it will be beautiful ;-)

The Weaver of Grass said...

The work you are both putting into that house just amazes me - well done. When you have finished I think it will be perfect.
That header is marvellous. I too found seventeen faces but found it so hard to remember which I had counted and which I still had to count.. It is super and i can't wait to see it coloured in.

Penny said...

I found 17 faces. Really admire your renovating skills. Wow.

Dianne said...

I've heard that kitchen remodels can be very stressful...you sound as though you are holding up pretty well! were there 15 faces? love the combination of faces and vines... ;) Happy T day!

Lisca Meijer said...

Oh my! Breathe and slowly count to ten....
What a tip! Good for you that you are helping though. My kitchen is also in a state of being built and I let my DH do it all.
Your doodled faces are awesome! I counted 16!
Happy t-day
Lisca

CraftyViolet said...

I cannot imagine living under construction for that long! I know it will be beautiful when its done but man oh man, I don't envy you.

I count 17 faces. Love how you hid them all through that. So creative.

Karla B said...

Your home is getting so beautiful.Love your doodled faces.Adorable.happy T day!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I think I mentioned to you that this is the same house plan of Terry and my second house. My daughter was born when we lived there. The first thing Terry did was replace a wrought iron rail that ran along the living room as you came up the stairs. He added a 1/2 wall with shelves to the ceiling. We moved before we had to paint those walls you took a pic of. It's hard to imagine how much work you are doing to update that house!! It is moving along and will be wonderful when you are done.
xx, Carol

kathyinozarks said...

Wow I can't get over what a huge huge project this has become-being an artist you will enjoy the texturing process-I am not an artist with paints but I really enjoyed the process--I admire you both-hugs

kathyinozarks said...

I love your faces too-I counted 17 there are so many adult coloring books out now-this would be a good one

Krisha said...

I didn't stop to count the faces, was too interested in the remodeling photos.....*grin*

Yes, don't forget to breath, but not tooooo deeply with all the dust!

I hate our popcorn ceilings, and always have, good for you in getting rid of them!

Belated T-day wishes my friend.....loved the Valentine post card....cute idea

Darla said...

I'm amazed that you fit any artwork in around the other huge jobs you have going on. Your page looks like it would be fun to color.

~*~Patty S said...

You and your husband are unstoppable and doing such a great job!
Love your hidden faces...wonderful doodles Deb.
Thank you for stopping by my Magpie's Nest
Happy day after T Day oxo

johanna said...

i counted 17 faces (but i confess i only tried it once)... great idea and doodling!
have a great week with progressions in renovation!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Wonderful idea with all tht faces - 17?
You both are so busy.. looks just great so far - you can be very proud of you!
Happy belated T-Day Deb! Just Breathe!!! All comes to a beautufl house in the end....
I am with you - our renovation is still not finishes ....

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Well, I counted 18 faces in that beautiful vine piece--since most counted l7, I evidently counted someone twice!

Your renovations are looking great! You can really do anything. We never did a lot of things before either, but you tube videos are great for some of the basics like sweating a pipe to put in a bathtub--something we never did before either.

By the end of the day, I'd be surprised if you have enough strength for more than a sandwich. Happy T Tuesday (on Thursday!)