Friday, February 12, 2016

I Had some time......



...........on my hands so i thought i'd make a quick post! Please feel free to print off and color the VineFaces . The black and white line drawing can be found in the previous post... 


So far for me this week its been all about sanding... I can only handle a day of sanding before i need a day's break... so one day on one day off.... Look what i found while putting the mud on the walls... in the above pic... I was putting mud over some existing texture so every thing would match later... when i noticed a ripple in the wall ... a long skinny bump... TIP :   When mudding a wall its much easier to fill a hole than to try to cover up and even out a bump... So i pulled out my knife to try to dig out the ripple... If you enlarge the pic you'll see its a line of nails! How weird... Anyway they were trying to back themselves out, so i knocked them all back in and Hubs put a few drywall screws around the area then i filled it in and now you wouldn't even know that had been there... 

Working my way down stairs... For some reason on the stair well there were alot nails trying to work themselves back out and creating bumps so i had to dig them all out and fill the holes...

                        This is me after a day of sanding...uuuugghhhh....



Hubs entertained himself by working on the plumbing .  Welcome to my downstairs bathroom / laundry room....Thats the shower on the left and out of frame on the right is a toilet and sink...washer and dryer behind the wall there..


We've been talking about it and Hubs decided that was the day the shower was coming out! It just didn't make sense to us to have a shower down there....There's no bedrooms down there... I'm sure it brings the house value down not to have 3 full baths but for us the 2- 1/2 bath just makes more sense... In the pic above you can see where a utility sink will go in the area with the washer and dryer... We saved the one that was there. Its a big old cast iron sink... Thats where Jinx will get his baths from now on..no more bending over a tub...uuugh.... showing my age.......


Let me just say... that shower was built solid! Hubs had a hard time getting it out and then i helped him carry the mess to the trailer..Look at that old wallpaper! :)layer after layer........Peeling back the years.....


Shoot it was built so strong (think concrete lining) maybe we should have used it for a storm shelter.... lol no joke! 


Finally getting somewhere.....



The mess has been managed... 



Always time for some creativity! I thought the owl would make a cute pendant... I'm sorry the picture didn't come out very good.. I didn't realize it was a bad pic and i already packaged it to give to someone.........

Lookee lookee what came in the mail the other day!!! Isn't it beautiful?! Can you guess who made it???  She's part of the Tea Party!!  Krisha!!! Thank you so much Krisha i just love it and cannot WAIT to hang it in my craft room!!!  Well i'm early this week for the Tea Gang... but i have learned with this construction zone i have to grab a minute when i can.... So before actual T day i hope to add a picture of my drink  and then link up to Elizabeth's T Stands for Tuesday Tea Party....(now that the time is here i'm hoping Elizabeth will excuse me from showing a drink..just did not have time to add a photo...however! If you scan thru the photos from last week you will find a cup of coffee, a bottle of water and several cases of soda... maybe that will count in some small way.. ) I'm going to go put on some warm woolies .. suppose to be 18 F degrees tonight... brrrr.... I'm so glad you stopped by! Hugs! deb

24 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

I feel your pain about the sanding - I hate sanding too! Love your colouring, as always! Do you actually have a date as to when you can expect to stop renovating and just start living in your house? I hope you are not bored when that happens!....well, you won't be but what about hubs? Does he have hobbies besides tearing up rooms?

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I hated to sand that stuff when we were doing some work on our last house. I had no idea you had so much work to do on this house. I cannot wait to see the house after you all are done.

My name is Erika. said...

Hope you get you snow! And Oh how I hate mudding and sanding. You are very good to keep at it like that. Can't wait to see the finished worked. Love your peaking faces too-how fun is that! Happy Valentine's weekend.

Lori said...

I think drywalling and sanding are my least favorite jobs. It takes forever!

The Weaver of Grass said...

When your husband has finished making your house look so beautiful (with your help I hasten to add) are you thinking of hiring him out? Because if you are and I lived a bit nearer I would love to hire him!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

That sanding business always gets me a sinus infection. We have a friend that smooths drywall seams with a wet sponge. Try as he might, Terry could never get that technique down. Love your faces color in.
xx, Carol

Laney said...

It will look fabulous when its done :) the last sanding job I did was my daughters bed frame and I had to do that outside because I couldn't stop coughing!! Love the faces and vines.

Eileen Bergen said...

Your backgrounds are so pretty, Deb. They're muted yet colorful. Maybe when you get your craft room back, you could share how you achieve that look. Pretty please ;-)

I love the faces vine drawing. I loved it as a B&W puzzle or coloring page and I love it colored - at least the beautiful way you colored. (In the letter I posted the other day, I suggested you start an adult coloring book. And here you offer it to us free! Aha - great minds think alike! Thank you. Thank you :D

You look like a surgeon who has just come out of the operating room in that photo - lol.

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your colored rendition of the vines and faces. And oh my, the more I see of all the hard work you and hubs are doing the more I admire you and also the more i KNOW that won't be in our cards during our lifetime! What a gorgeous and bright art gift from Krisha. Have a great week and happy T day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the coloured version of the face fun, just beautiful. I admire you for all the hard work you are doing at home, well done. Happy T Day, and have a good week, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

i think the Highlight of this post was the pic that Shows you after sanding... hahaha (sorry...) it is hilarious! brave worker, hats off!!
i like how you colored your faces Scribble. have a great t-day and rest of the week!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember sanding a staircase in my previous home. It took three days to sand, then another to mud, then another to resand, then . . . . you get the picture, I'm sure. I hope you enjoy that new staircase, because it looks like you worked hard for it.

Wow, that was a LOT of work to get rid of that shower. I'm sure you will be pleased in the end, though.

You got some lovely art this week, and your colored picture is great, too. Thanks for sharing this art and your sanding with us for T this Tuesday.

Lisca Meijer said...

What a lot of work! I admire you for helping, because I am not at all that way inclined I'm afraid and my DH does it all. Our appartment is coming on too and we too are at the bathroom stage. The plumbing is done, ceiling done, just the tiling. We are tiling all the walls to the ceiling. Hopefully it will be finished next week.
As you might have noticed,I haven't linked up yet for the simple reason I have not written anything yet. I will soon. We are in a bit of a situation here, which is will be resolved but you will read about it in my blog later on.
Happy T day
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I just read your question on my blog about Squiggles age. He was one on August 14, so is right at 1 1/2 now. Thanks for asking.

Darla said...

Like to see the updates on the remodeling. So glad not to be sanding though. I like the pendent and the art from Krisha.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Your colored vine faces really came out nice as did the owl pendant. The art from Krisha is really pretty.

Sanding is hard work as is taking out a shower apparently--still you two are an inspiration for house remodelers!

Krisha said...

Hi Deb, Glad you liked the little "hanger" and thanks for shout out.

LOVE the photo of you covered is dust....LOL I HATE to sand anything, but it is a "must" on so many things. Now THAT shower is something else, just goes to show you how well the craftsmanship was way back then. I think I would have left it for a shelter too...*grin* but men seem to have a determination about such things.

Happy T-day

Dianne said...

Always fun to see the progress on the house...and NOW I see all 17 faces! Lol!

Dianne said...

Always fun to see the progress on the house...and NOW I see all 17 faces! Lol!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Well done to you and hubby for getting so much done! Love the art -both yours and Krisha's! I don't like the sound of minus 18 though! Hugs, Chrisx

Rita said...

Love the picture of you, Ms Sander. What a lot of work--sanding, plumbing, and tearing out bathrooms!! You guys have been so busy I am surprised you had time to make that pretty pendant. That is a gorgeous plaque for your new craft room from Krisha! Happy, happy T-Day! :)

froebelsternchen Susi said...

I love your art and continued work at the house! It will be a treasure soon! Sending power to hubby and you!
oxo
Susi

JillGA said...

wow! What a trooper you are! Hang in there--it won't last forever and then you will be very, very pleased. :-) Belated Happy T Day!

Jeanne said...

Hope you have finished all of that sanding by now! That is some dirty work for sure. Think your pendant is so cute!