Sunday, March 6, 2016

Hellllloooooo there!!!!.....


Hi there everyone!!! Oh its been hectic.... BUT i did figure out how to make a post on my laptop. WITH pictures!  Hallelujah!  This last week has been.... well lets just say its been a doozy... Wore ourselves out!  There's been a trip to the dump (above) .... Simply had to take a picture of us in our bright pink hard hats... Yeah hubby was not enthused about that...lol I told him 'But its for the scrapbook....lol 

 There's been a trip to IHOP!  Hey early morning trips to the home improvement store interferes with my morning coffee routine so i put my vote in for breakfast... :) Hello my Tea People from Ms. Elizabeth's T Stands for Tuesday...Its been awhile... I'm so glad you popped over for a visit. 


I have volunteer daffodils coming up by the mailbox!  I wasn't here last Spring so i didn't know. Nice surprise!  Does anyone know... do daffodils grow wild?? I thought you had to buy and plant the bulb but i see them growing in some pretty wild places around here ..not just someone's yard....


Look what else has happened!! We have TEXTURE!!! Woohoo...say it with me and say it loud..WOOHOO!!! The entire upper floor has been textured and primed.... OMG!!! We found a price we could live with and the tax return didn't hurt either. :) 


It was an incredibly hard push to the end... We called to give the okay for the texturing and the guy said 'okay we'll be there in three days' Three days!! Well lets just say we thought we would have more time than that to finish up....So we worked morning and night for three days to get the walls ready for texture.. 


Have you ever been tired? I mean bone tired.... can not do one more thing tired.. .fried.... well that was us.... On the last day , in the evening we went down the road for a burger and fry because i wasn't cookin'.... lol and i swear we looked like we'd been in a war zone.. but i was too tired to be embarrassed...we looked like we might fall asleep in our french fries at any moment.... 

Then we spent three days downstairs while they worked up stairs... taping and covering everything and spraying... We took our bed downstairs... everything we could we took downstairs... the rest was covered...  Let me tell you that texture guy made us look good... All our hard work has been topped off with a professional finish which is what i was hoping for... He's already said he'd come back and do our bottom floor for a good price when we are ready... :)  Well now your all caught up in my crazy world... 

Next time i hope to show you some paint colors samples and such.... you know... the fun stuff!! Can you believe it ? We're finally there!! Upstairs anyway....lol I'm so glad you came for a visit so we could catch up.. The painting will take awhile.... alot of it will be on me.... Hubs will be concentrating on the plumbing.... But right now we are riding on cloud 9 with a huge sense of accomplishment... Hugs! deb

22 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Have I ever been TIRED?? I get tired just reading about all you are accomplishing!! Oh I can't wait to see the painted walls. This is your forever home. Will you go mute or pizzazz with color. Can't wait to see your choices.
xx, Carol

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

WOW, alot of hard work. I cannot wait to see what all you have done. Don't forget when you are done to show the before and after pictures.

Corrine at corrinegilman.com said...

WOOHOO! Shouting loudly. Great job you two. Been there last year. I know that so tired you can't even move feeling. xox

Krisha said...

WOOOOOHOOOO! BRAVO!!
The answer to your question is...YES I have been that tired and it also involved walls...LOL

Everything looks great and I can imagine how excited your have to be getting about putting color on the walls and to get things finished.
Can't wait to see what colors you choose.

Hang in there girlfriend the best is yet to come!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Can't speak for over in your part of the world Jinxy, but over here we have wonderful banks of wild daffodils = they are much smaller and more delicate than the ones we plant ourselves. Also I think some folk throw out garden rubbish and it has a few bulbs in it and they come up in their new home. Our lane has patches of daffodils which have arrived like this.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have never heard of wild daffodils, but I will ask a few of my gardening friends.

I've had marathons similar to yours. I built a bathroom in my basement in five days and two of those days were spent cutting through concrete to find the sewer pipe. And because I had no furniture at this house, I slept on the brand new carpeting all week. So, yes, I'm well aware of being that tired, and can certainly empathize.

IHop is a good place to stop for food and lots and lots of coffee. I know they are really good about filling your coffee cup over and over again.

Thanks for sharing your texture, your cute pink hats, your covered furniture (been there, done that), your daffodils, and your coffee at IHop with us for T this week. I think you have officially turned the corner on that renovation.

CraftyViolet said...

So glad you are on the home stretch! It will be amazing.

Daffodils and other bulbs will reproduce themselves and spread and will look lovely every spring. I have probably given away over 500 daffodil bulbs over the last few years because I don't have room for them all. I have daffodils, snowdrops, crocus, windflowers and narcissus all of which spread out on their own.

Carol said...

All of that hard work is really paying off!!!! It so nice to have the end in sight ♥ Can't wait to see what colors you pick out.

Valerie-Jael said...

It's looking really good, you are getting there slowly by slowly, well done! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

it is so great you are documenting all the process on your blog, so you will always be able to look how much you progressed.
have a great week and don´t Forget to take your coffee (or tea) times!
happy t-day!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Your progress on remodeling the house is just AWESOME!
We finished the bath downstairs this weekend - I know how much hard work you do!
Happy T-Day!
You will have the most wonderful home in the end..I am sure!
oxo
Susi

Lisca Meijer said...

Woohoo! And I repeat with you loud: woohoo! What a post full of good news! I'm so happy for you! I know exactly how you feel as we are at the same stage with our build. We have moved into our upstairs bedroom and the living room/kitchen is nearly finished. Just waiting for the guy to put the granite worktops in the kitchen and we are good to go.
Your house looks great. And the texturing is very nice too.
And your tax return wasn't too bad either. Well, I say, that is also good news.
Big happy hug!
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

I'm exhausted just reading this. But how exciting to be getting that work done. They say today is National pancake Day so a trip to iHop fits perfectly. Nope, have never seen wild daffodils, and that is a good question. I thought they were bulbs plants too. Hope you get some rest in all your work. Happy T Day!

Linda Kunsman said...

WOOHOOOO!!! What an accomplishment for you and hubs Deb and I am thrilled for you to have that wonderful texture and to be able to move on to some color. How nice to have the daffodils popping up here and there. I always thought they had to be planted too. Perhaps squirrels dug the bulbs from somewhere else and put them in the ground by you. I have seen that happen before which is why I no longer have tulips! Happy T day and don't work too hard this week.

~*~Patty S said...

Pink hard hats = too much fun AND a good one for the scrapbook for sure.
One day when the dust settles you and your Mr are going to look back and say we did all that!!!!
Must be great to see the end in sight.
Spring blooms are such a welcome sight aren't they.
Take care and Happy T Day Deb.
Thanks for popping by my Magpie's Nest.
In my mind Johnny Jump Ups are a little smaller than the violas I shared. I am waiting for some of those to come back in our garden as they seem to scatter seed and pop up in surprise places :-)
oxo

Darla said...

Just look at you two and all that you have accomplished. Way back when this change started I thought you were only moving across country not becoming "builders" and taking on such a huge project. You must be feeling pretty good about things even if you are tired.

Divers and Sundry said...

Daffodils! What a sweet surprise! Daffodils do spread around here.

Dianne said...

wowser...a race to the finish! how exciting that you are getting so close to being done! yay...am always fascinated to see the transformation. good for you, and happy T day.

Rita said...

Oh wow!! You two have done soooo much work on the house! It is really looking good.
I don't know anything about daffodils, but that they are pretty. Happy T-Day! :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is good news - looking forward to seeing the next stage! I love seeing wild daffodils - I would imagine a stray one could be carried by a bird. Once they are there then they will multiply. Happy T day! Chrisx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

WOOHOO! You're almost there. Soon you'll be able to relax a bit and enjoy your forever home ... until something else needs doing - lol.

Yes, daffodils grow wild.

Deb, you won't belive this but I just (I mean before reading this) sent you some wild daffodils. Honest to God I did. They - along with some other wild flowers - will cross the Border sometime tomorrow. I can't wait to hear from you when you see them. Not to worry - it's all perfectly legal and no customs agents have been hurt (or bribed) in the process ;-)

Love the pink hard hats. Your hubby sure is a good sport.

Halle said...

Amazing! Your hard work is certainly paying off!