Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Alot of EsTrogen Around Here.......


Heeellllooooo my Tea People!!!How are you???? I've missed you! And even today i'm a little late to the party. But i hope you'll come around for a spot of T!   Did you ever just not have the energy to pull together a post?  Search and find the pictures you wanted etc... Well thats been me for the last month... But here i'am...hopefully reenergized!   I have made a few PostCards... here's one above. All these pictures will enlarge if you click on them... 



My wonderful PostCard swapper Eileen the Artful Crafter has been trying out a new technique using metal duct tape and her embossing folders.... all the detail is incredible. She not only sent one with this technique but 4! (One not pictured as it had not arrived by the time i took this photo) I'am green with envy for that script embossing folder...definitely on my wish list. :)


Do you ever hear the siren call of a Yard Sale?? I do .. especially in the Spring when they seem to pop up everywhere.. Well this one was off the beaten path a little bit so we had to follow the signs... that was an adventure in itself....As it turns out there was only one thing at that yard sale calling my name............



A box of Owls!!!!!


At first i thought they were made of bisque but after closer inspection it seems more like chalk... but maybe i can seal it and paint them anyway...  For $5 for the whole box i can afford to play with them a little bit....yeah i know like i NEED more stuff....but... it WAS calling to me....lol


Lets see what else has happened since we last met..?  Oh! As fate would have it we saved a turtle on Earth Day Apr. 22. Timing huh? He looks happy doesn't he?? lol I just hope i put him on the side of the road he wanted to be on so he didn't turn around and cross again..

And if you've made it this far in the post let me tell you about all the pregnant deer around here!!! Lets just say they are VERY pregnant. You can really tell if you enlarge the pic... Wow! I'm sure some fawns have dropped already but momma has not brought them around yet...  I'll keep you posted...  That is a salt block we put out for them... This particular one has sulfur in it and helps to keep the ticks off them.... we hope... The ticks were awful on them last year. Their ears were just covered so we are watching to see if there is an improvement... There is a herd of about 8 deer that are regulars around here so we'll keep an eye on them... 

Well gosh that was alot of catch up and i have lots more to share... artwork and work on the house goes on like always...  I hope to be back to more regular posting.. :)  If you'd like to see a little artwork scroll down to the previous post i made last week.... Good to see you again! Hugs! deb

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Ooooh, I love those butterfly cups! And those gorgeous postcards you got! Good to see you back again! I never saw a pregnant deer before, I hope you get to takes pics of the fawns. Have fun with those owls, they are gorgeous! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Dianne said...

fun to visit you again and see what you're up to...love that box of owls! I thought they were yard ornaments...but maybe wouldn't hold up to the weather...will be fun to see what you do with them. marvelous post cards, love your butterfly tea cups! happy T day!

Linda Kunsman said...

so glad to see you for T again Deb!! Those mixed media cards are fabulous and of course I love your beautiful butterfly card too. Lovely way to celebrate Earth Day by saving the turtle and caring for the deer-love it! For the price of those owls I would have done the same:) Please share if you do alter them at all. Happy T day!

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful butterfly cups Deb and your box of owls found a good home
I think.
I have to stay away from yard sales and such realizing I am missing lots of fun LOL.
Nice you made time to join in today.
Happy T Day
oxo
p.s. lucky turtle and nice art mail you got too

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Very impressive cups with butterflies. They are super stunning. But so is your cat in the post below.

It would be nice to have all those dies for a die cutter, wouldn't it? I'm super impressed with your friend's postcards. Lovely art.

Rummage sales have a way of calling to me, too. I never find good bargains, though, so it's been awhile since I've been to one (like 3 years, probably).

Thanks for sharing the pregnant deer, the beautiful postcards, the owls, the turtle you saved, and those gorgeous butterfly laden cups with us for T this Tuesday. I'm delighted to see you back with us. After all, you have been working constantly since Christmas on that house, and I can tell you needed a break.

Lisca Meijer said...

Oh I love that butterfly card! Purple is not usually a colour that I go for but this is gorgeous!
I'm going to have a look at Eileen's blog because those cards are really beautiful.
Is the siren call figuratively speaking or do people really sound a siren when they have a yard sale? (You can tell I've never been to a yard sale) But the box of owls was a bargain. Please show us what you do with them.
Thank you for saving a tortoise. They are my fav animals (and turtles). And yes, I do like owls too, so I have really enjoyed your post today.
On top of that you've also shown us deer. Perfect!
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

Happy T day. I am glad you made it because I love your tea cup piece. And those owls are wonderful, hopefully you can paint them and get some cool pieces. And I think saving a tortoise is wonderful. Especially on Earth Day. I did that once, not on Earth Day, and got some really weird looks from the traffic I held up. :) Erika

johanna said...

wow, that box of owls was a good Price - will look Forward how you alter them. the Cards are so beautiful! good luck for all the animals around there, you are such a good helper!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lots of good news here...saving turtles...creating art...learning new techniques..helping the deer population...bringing home garage sale finds (possibly saving them from the landfill) I probably missed some in the list but I sure enjoyed the post.

So glad to see you are finding time for art. The teacups are so pretty. Love the colors you chose too.
xx, Carol

loveofcollage said...

i like your postcards and what a great find a box of owls cool

froebelsternchen Susi said...

I love to read that you help all the animals-
I like people do this....
fantastic price for those owls!
oxo Susi

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

How neat the way the turtle posed for its picture. I've never seen a pregnant deer before. You're so considerate and knowledgeable about the animals. I would have no idea how to help the deer with a tick problem.

Thank you for sharing my postcards, Deb. I'm floored by all the sweet comments and hope some of your T party friends come and visit.

CraftyViolet said...

Love the Tea Cups and the owls. I'm sure you will come up with something to seal and decorate them.

Congrats on saving the turtle - some turtles do not bear young until they are almost 20 years old so saving them is so important. Here's a couple of facts and tips to tuck away in your memory box in case you come across another one on the road. A) Never, ever pick a turtle up by it's tail. The tail is part of the spinal column and the turtle can end up crippled or dead. B) When removing a turtle from a road, always carry it and set it down in the direction it was going. C) It is safe to pick up a snapping turtle as long as you grab the back of the shell. If it's too heavy to lift, slide a shovel underneath of it.
End of nature study!

Nice of you to put out salt blocks for the deer. Hope the sulfur keeps the ticks off.

Cazzy said...

Hi Lisca, Wow i love that you have deer visiting, how lovely of you to try and help them. I think we may have met a long time ago when I used to join in here and what's on your worktop Wednesday - but it all got too much. I get a bit of carpal tunnel but it hasn't been too bad except when I was on the internet a lot and playing farm games!
Sorry I am late replying which is due to my infected foot
Cazzy

Cazzy said...

Whoops sorry - forgot where I was then. You are not Lisca and you're right - we haven't met before lol

Neesie said...

Now doesn't love an owl. It'll be so much fun transforming them and I'll look forward to seeing what you decide to do.
Your header is divine... those colours and teacups are perfect.
In fact all of your artwork is great... Thanks for sharing

Jeanne said...

Just love your photos of the deer and the fawn... such an amazing shot you got of the baby nursing. We also see fawns at times around our cabin and very frequently on the roads. Those babies are very brave and not reliable around traffic, so definitely have to be careful driving. It has been really dreary around my house this week too, and the pops of color are really welcome. Thanks so much for stopping my blog , was great to see you!

Karla B said...

Mum loves owls, She's got so many on her bookshelves.I love them too.I have never seen a deer and specially a pregnant one. Mother Earth always surprises us with her delightful gifts. Love your postcards too.Gorgeous!