Friday, May 20, 2016

Its Been a Soggy.....


......dreary.... overcast week so far...but my goodness aren't those bushes out in front of the house a bright pop of color??  I'm pretty sure they are a type of Barberry just not sure what variety as other Barberry i have seen are more purpley...(thats a word right?) Some of you may remember the frog from CA... well he's found a home here too. :)



Look what i spied in a quick shaft of sunlight the other morning... Our first fawn.........  


Isn't he just adorable?  He's so tiny... We didn't see them last year until they were much older.....so this is a treat!


So nice of him to stand in the sunshine for me. :)



I wish momma had been standing in the sun too. But this is the best pic i could get of them together........ Just a word of caution...... if you travel often this time of year on country roads where you might find deer....please PLEASE slow down.... Deer Mommas cannot hold their little one's hand when they cross the road and fawns are unpredictable..........I think i used to be under the influence of Mr. Disney and Bambi when it comes to deer...lol  But deer Mommas are not always so attentive and watchful as maybe they could be and fawns are a handful... :) Fawns get brave and wander quite far from their Momma...I often worry about the cars that zip down our country road .....

........And finally a picture for my Tea People over there at Elizabeth's and Bleubeard's....(Yes i'm early but i must post when i find the time and i will link up on Tues.) Elizabeth hosts a Tea Party every Tuesday with a great group of ladies who are so incredibly friendly and supportive. I really want to thank everyone for your kind words and encouragement as i travel down this road called life......Your comments on remodeling the house and my artistic endeavors are always so kind and encouraging . Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Anyone is welcome to join the T party.... the only requirement is to have something drink related in your post... The above picture is my next inspiration for a drawing or painting..not sure which...maybe both! Ofcourse not just Tea People visit me here but lots of lovely people, many i consider friends....  I cherish your visits and it just makes my day when you leave a comment.......... I hope to make a House Update soon... not much to show but little odds and ends  but i'll show you..stay tuned. Hugs! deb

17 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Yes, love your bush. When you buy a house in one season it is always a surprise to see what shows up during each season after that. I love seeing the deer too....but we have to travel out of the city a bit to see them. I always warn people to be extra cautious when driving at dawn and dusk because that's when deer or most active and cross the road and the most important thing to remember is if there is one crossing....there will be another one or two or three behind it!

I'm sure you will be so happy to have the reno finished but the improvements you have made are so impressive!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

We used to have window peekers before we put up privacy fence so I planted Barberry in front of windows around the house. The thorns can be annoying when you prune. I still have one out front where I can see it. I love its Burgundy color, especially in the morning sun. Our house is tan so I have a tendency to plant red and burgundy flowers...except for the purples...I love the purples too.

So cool that you have deer come to the yard. We have one once in a while. I saw that frog and thought "I WANT THAT FROG!!" I've still got tons of tadpoles. I wonder how many the fish will leave to grow into frogs.

Have a great weekend DEB!! We finally are getting warm dry weather.
xx, Carol

Krisha said...

Hello DEB!
I should follow you in posting for T-day early...then linking up at the right time. Mondays and Tuesdays have become a chaotic for some reason....probably cause DH has not been working on Mondays.....which throws all my errands to Tuesdays...LOL!

LOVE the fawn pics.! They seem quite content for you to be near enough to get such good photos.

Looking forward to seeing your house in a finished state....*grin*
Tuesday we are taking my floor plan drawing to an architect.....might even "start" that new house this year.....time to take it off the back burner and either build it or throw it out! Haha.

We are having some very cool weather....well for this neck of the woods it's cool. Only supposed to get into the 70s today....awwwwh...I love it! Two days ago it was 97'....yep! summer is on it's way!

Hope you have a great weekend, glad you like the PC.
Thanks for visiting my blog (I know your a busy lady) and for leaving me comments.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Well if purpley wasn't a word before, I've added it to my vocabulary now. The fawn shots are wonderul! And thanks for the warning about deer mommas and frisky little fawns. I will be more careful. Though in my neighborhood it's mostly street dogs and cows that I need to watch out for. I really need to check out your Tuesday group. I see their comments and think "what a nice bunch of people."

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lucky you to have that dear little fawn so near to your house.
Letter will soon be on its way.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the photos of the fawn and her Mom, so beautiful. Dreary weather here, too, rain, rain and clouds all day....Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Your bush looks fabulous Deb and I am in love with the pics of the fawn and it's mother! I always drive slowly - and yes I nearly always meet deer on the street and I can tell you they are just a little bit stupid - yes! You are right and I laughed about your words that deers seem to be Walt Disney kind of things...yes!
Hope everything goes well with the renovation furthermore -
wishing a happy T-Day!
oxo Susi

My name is Erika. said...

What a cute little fawn. I think he is enjoying this summery weather too. We've got the rain coming in today and we need it. Love your T photo too. What's that book? It looks really cool. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh how wonderful! He really is small but so beautifully marked! Your bushes are at least brightening up your dull days - they are beautiful! Happy T day! Chrisx

Linda Kunsman said...

I love a splash of color like that red bush! The fawn is so adorable! As I am more in the city we don't have them in my neighborhood. But I do get upset when I see a dead deer along the nearby highways-I was always a bambi lover too:) Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the color of your bush. It must be fun to have an environment that draws the larger wildlife :) Your work on your house is an inspiration to me, so you're providing a lot of encouragement by posting your process. Happy T Tuesday!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's an impressive bush. The color is beautiful and the frog looks right at home under it.

Momma deer looks a bit thin with her ribs showing. I'm sure once she's finished nursing she will be in better shape. I just hope they feel safe on your land, because there are so many places they can get killed, either by a car or a hunter wanting to get a jump on the season....

Those bugs are beautiful and your coffee cup is lovely in a neutral way next to all the color of the bugs.

I wanted to explain in your comment about Susan's lovely card, that is what she sent, not the tea bag. The tea came from my friend Julia in England.

Thanks for sharing your lovely nature inspired photos, as well as your wonderful art and coffee mug with us for T this Tuesday.

Dianne said...

Lovely views from your house...yes, definitely channeling 'Bambi' here! so cute! stunning blooms on that bush too...we need that color on the dreary days....happy T day!

~*~Patty S said...

Beautiful scrubs and that Bambi (that's what I call the little ones) is just perfect and so beautiful. Love the nursing photo too ♥♥♥
Great scarab beetles in your book too.
Happy T Day Deb
oxo

Meggymay said...

Ah the little Bambi is adorable, it must be wonderful to see them up so close. The bush looks lovely in bloom.
Happy Tuesday.
Yvonne

Lisca Meijer said...

Oh Bambi! So cute! And a photo with momma, that is quite a feat.
Your bush looks lovely in bloom. Yes, purpley is a word even if it is not an official one.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, oh wow you caught some awesome photos of Mama and baby fawn. We have not seen any as of yet-love your coffee cup! We are finally getting some much needed rain this week and missing all those bad storms-sorry for Kansas and Oklahoma though the tornadoes seem to be stuck there.
Have a good weekend
Hugs Kathy