Thursday, June 23, 2016

Its My Birthday!!!!!



7"x14"
    What better time to show you that i actually finished a canvas!!! 



Yep..... LOOK! I even signed it! Now you know its done. I have something to hang on the wall!!...lol             


Speaking of walls... there's been painting going on....


A bookcase has found its way in the house.... There was some minor damage in the move from CA ... a little paint touch up needed so thats why all the books are not on there yet ... but i had to stick some on there just to see what it would look like lol ! 

 AND....drumroll please.....  we have been putting sheetrock on the ceiling in my CRAFTROOM!!!  OMGosh you would not believe the difference it makes.... It actually feels like a room now. It makes it feel like the craftroom is really gonna happen... which believe me after a year of waiting i was beginning to wonder..........  Still have a long way to go.... Money is getting tighter.... work on the house is slowing down but we still hope to move forward and i'll be sure to show you any improvements..........


So yep my Tea People its my Birthday! My 49th birthday to be exact.... uuughhh... ( 50 is awfully close )But really i have nothing to complain about. I had a beautiful day.... got to spend some money at Hobby Lobby, dinner and a movie... This is my favorite drink of choice lately... that and water... Its been awful hot and humid here... You would think it would kick up some storms but nothing yet... we could use the rain...........We've recently had a thief prowling around here lately and i caught him red-handed! I'll share photos next week... Meanwhile be sure to visit Ms Elizabeth and Bleubeard and all my Tea People......This post is early but i'll be sure to link up come Tuesday.  Big Hugs! deb

16 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh, you beat me to the punch. I had your birthday on my calendar to send you the bestest wishes...so I'm sending them here.

Absolutely LOVE that canvas! And you have a whole house to paint for! How fun. Of course there are cats! I suspect that most of the expensive things have pretty much been bought. But it's a good thing to have an important project to work on each day when you wake up. From experience I know that when a guy retires, it's a hard adjustment so Hubs must be in a good place with that.

Dinner and a movie...I was thinking about what is showing now and guessing what you would see. A few weeks ago we took the crew to see Nice Guys. Being a throw back to the 70s I laughed all the way through it.

Have a FAB birthday. You are still a spring chick!!
xx, Carol

The Weaver of Grass said...

Happy birthday hugs Debs.

Krisha said...

Happy Birthday!! (mine was in May, but after you hit 60 + you don't announce it anymore....LOL)
Your canvas turned out fantastic! It is going to look gorgeous in your new craft room.......I'm so green with envy :/
Hope your day is a wonderful one!!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Hope your birthday was the best! Ceiling in your craft room - woohoo!!

I love your frolicking cats canvas. It's the perfect size for leaning on a shelf or perching on a small easel. Or maybe a powder room wall ... or ... ;-)

CraftyViolet said...

Hope you a very Happy Birthday! We have been out of town - drove almost three hours Thursday to watch our 6 year old grandson graduate from Senior Kindergarten to Grade one! Go ahead and roll your eyes, everyone else has, including hubby....but it was important to Finn that Grandma and Grampa were there so I'm glad we went.

Love, love, love your canvas! It looks great and I'm so happy for you that the craft room is being worked on. Awesome job you two have done.

Lori said...

Happy birthday!

Linda Kunsman said...

love, love , love your new header featuring your canvas Deb!! Craft room is looking so good. You and hubby are saints to be going thru and doing all this work and renovating to your new home. Don't like the sound of a nearby prowler:(

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Deb, happy birthday to you!!...and many more!

Happy T day too-and thanks so much for your lovely comment to me:)

Meggymay said...

I hope you had a Happy Birthday.
Your canvas looks fantastic and will look lovely on your craftroom or any of your house walls.
Happy T day
Yvonne

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fantastic way to celebrate your birthday, Deb. So glad your craft room is finally becoming a reality. I know how excited you are, too. And that canvas will be absolutely PURRfect. Couldn't help it. Bleubeard made me say it.

Haven't seen that coke zero before. At least it doesn't have tons of unhealthy and useless calories. Thanks for sharing your birthday, your gorgeous canvas, your ceiling in the craft room, and your coke with us for T this Tuesday. Hope your birthday was the best to date!

Darla said...

Wishing you a Happy Birthday. I think people should celebrate the whole Month of their birthday, not just the day, so I'm still on time. Your postcards are terrific. Your place is looking good. Everything in place to move forward little by little. I've enjoyed watching it come together.

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy T day! Your canvas is too cute! Wishing you a very Happy Birthday :-)

Valerie-Jael said...

The house is looking great, you'll be there soon! Happy Birthday, happy T Day, happy arting, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

your canvas turned out beautiful and you can hang it proudly!
seems a lot of People are celebrating bday These days. hope you had a great one - and let me say: the 50th won´t hurt;)
happy days!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A wonderful Canvas Deb !
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Best wishes for the renovation furthermore.. we had also to stop now.. no more money left for greater projects..but enough little unexpensive things are always still to be done aren't they?!

Happy belated T-Day!
oxo Susi

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooh!Cherry coke zero! I love your canvas!Hope the new craft room continues to progress! Glad you had a Happy Birthday! Chrisx

~*~Patty S said...

Sorry to be late to the party dear Deb.
Computer problems about drove me bonkers this week.
Hope you're still celebrating your birthday you spring chicken you :-)
Lovely canvas you made.
That is some great space you'll have with those shelves.
Hope you get to play in your art room very soon.
Happy T Day and 4th of July weekend too.
oxo