Sunday, July 24, 2016

arT Explosion..............


Art has been seriously lacking here on the blog .... and for the next few weeks i aim to rectify that!  What better place to start than with MailArt.....................


Here's one i just finished and it SCREAMS recycling but hopefully its nice enough we can say upcycle. :)  The base is  the cereal box chipboard i like to use.... then i cut up security envelopes with their doodled insides and glued them on ...The green is a mixture of acrylic paint and Gelatos (most fabulous creation ever!) The owl was a magazine advertisement for a crystal owl... I outlined all his facets using a Pitt Pen that will write over anything... Finally using acrylic paint i painted the stump he was on... Love how i managed to get the light and dark browns to mix... 



This one was a lesson in making lemonade out of lemons... Abstract roses have been all the rage of late on YouTube if you've been watching... Everybody makes it look so easy!  All my roses looked horrible... I didn't like any of them... So i painted over them and ended up with  this blob on my PostCard...  The roses had those drips dripping down... and truly the whole thing was just too abstract for me.. I think that was my problem from the beginning... So how can i save it?   I decided to play to my strengths which is doodling and penwork... I hope you'll blow it up so you can see the detail. Its not what i started out with but in the end i like it. The tiny butterflies were punched out and the shiny tails are glitter glue . I hope the recipient likes it... 

I just want to take a moment to thank my PostCard swappers....You ladies have helped me keep my sanity over this last crazy year... of moving and remodeling and not having my crafty space... These 5x7 PostCards are just the right size for me to work with in my cramped space....Its so nice to send them out to someone i know will enjoy them and then receive your beautiful art in return... Speaking of which.........


Here is a lovely PostCard from Krisha. I KNOW all the Tea People know Krisha and her lovely work!  

 Here is another one from Krisha. Isn't that just so clever?! She says its not her design but i think she executed it beautifully don't you? 

And last but not least a peek into my morning routine for my Tea People over there at Ms Elizabeth's and Bleubeard's... I'm a little early posting this week , but i need to sneak in a post when i can..  Hubs is doing well.... well, as well as can be expected.. He has good days and bad. He's been doing physical therapy... twice a week 100 mile round trip each time... Tomorrow Mon. he has his two week doc appt....  The shoulder causes him the most pain in the evening , so he hasn't been sleeping well... Shoot we're just all tired around here..lol 

And this photo is for Carol of Beads and Birds...... I never knew ground hogs climbed trees but here's proof!! lol  It should enlarge for you!  A big crash of thunder scared him so bad he ran right up a tree!  Hugs! deb

18 comments:

Dianne said...

Fabulous mail art, and fun photos. i didn't know groundhogs climbed trees either! Best wishes for Quick healing for your hubby, and that you can keep your sanity with all the physical therapy trips! Happy Summer!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Well I'll be ... there's a lot most of us don't know about ground hogs!

Here's video proof they can climb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy1t5EHLjYA

Here's proof they can fly.
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/thoughtful-animal/7-things-you-didnt-know-about-groundhogs/

Tee hee - did I get you? That's an outstanding photo, Deb!

I love both of Krisha's postcards and your crystal owl. The way you enhanced the crystals is very effective. The roses that morphed into a plant from another planet is kind of creepy - but pretty in a weird way - lol.

I hope your hubby's rehab goes smoothly and that he's soon out of pain. Then you both can get some much-needed rest!

Hugs

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lovely art. I am so glad you are able to find time to feed your soul. Thank you SO much for posting a pic of the ground hog!! I can't wait to show Terry!
Xx, Carol

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I love how you recycle things. Your art is so pretty.

CraftyViolet said...

Great postcards once again. I like how you turn lemons into art too. Sorry to hear Alvin had to have surgery. Hope he feels better soon so he can get back to work on the renovations!!!Ha ha ha!

Still stinking hot and humid here in Ontario and it will be for at least another week. Worst heat ever! With the humidity it feels close or over 100F every day.

Linda Kunsman said...

what wonderful postcards Deb. I do hope hubby gets better sleep soon, and my, 100 miles a trip is LONG!
I would NEVER have believed a groundhog could or would climb a tree-that is amazing-great photo!
Wishing you a creative and restful week, and a happy T day too.

Krisha said...

Hey there Deb!
Thanks for the shout out.

With two rounds of therapy week, at 100 miles...round trip, woah, you're gonna rack up some miles lady!

Poor hubs, to have worked so hard and now has to pay with a bum shoulder :(

Love your owl!! I have seen those rose videos too, but haven't tried one.....but thanks for the heads up on the (not) so easy part! I do like the way you saved you PC....well done!

Happy T-day luv, hope you and hubs gets some rest time between trips. Looking forward to see more of your art.

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad your postcards helped you through the hard time. Your art is fantastic, as always. Love the photo of the ground(tree)hog! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

ground hogs on trees? i would not have thought that.
your postcards and esp. your owl are wonderful. i agree, such a good size to work on.
wishing your Family health and have a great week!

Darla said...

I enjoyed seeing the postcards, both the ones you sent and the ones you received. I haven't seen the roses you mentioned although I've been going through a little rose phase myself. Just working on an idea in my sketchbook.

Hope your DH recovers soon.

Meggymay said...

Fantastic art postcards. Thanks for showing the photo of the ground hog, now i know how they look.
Have a good Tuesday.
Yvonne

Valerie-Jael said...

Forgot to say how much I love your abstract rose. Had to come back for another look! Hugs, Valerie

Carol said...

Your ground hog does look a bit frightened :) I do love the way you saved the abstract roses. It's fantastic. As for the Naked Ladies the deer here do not bother them at all. I think they're like onions and garlic to the deer which they dislike completely. Happy T Day !

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What wonderful mail art you have created. It certainly will save your sanity if you are driving all those miles just to get to PT. Hope your hubby is getting a lot out of it, at least.

What a fun photo of the ground hog. Who knew?

Looks like you are well stocked for your morning cuppa'. So glad you shared your art and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

Lisca Meijer said...

I'm glad your hubby is doing OK, but 100 miles roud trip twice a week is a tall order. Healing prayer are going out for him.
I love your postcard art. As you know I'm into postcards and I tell people that I don't want home made cards unless its a little work of art. I have had some pretty cr... home made cards. Yours and the ones you received are beautiful. I love your abstract rose. I love doodling too and I think you did a wonderful job of that. The owl is magnificent! I really like what you did with that. Well done!
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

~*~Patty S said...

WHO knew ground hogs climbed trees???
Hope that your husband's healing goes quickly and smoothly.
Not getting a good night's rest and being in pain can sure wear on everyone. Hang in there. That hundred mile trip is something to deal with all on its own.
Love what all went into your beautiful wise owl!!!
I need to visit YouTube for more than music me thinks ;-)
Happy T Day dear Deb
oxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

What great post! I love your owl and I must say the rescued roses look great! Love seeing Krisha's art too! Hope hubby starts to benefit from his physio soon! Hugs, Chrisx ps so that's what a ground hog looks like!!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, who'd have thought you would see a ground hog up a tree, he does look cute though :-). Love your postcards and the owl is wonderful! Wishing you hubby a speedy recovery. Happy belated T day! J :-)