Monday, July 18, 2016

Babysitting Twins.....................






Mom has decided she really likes our yard.....I think she just wants to make sure she has first dibs at the corn i put out once in awhile...

 ......Or maybe she just feels safe there..... and thats a happy thought..  Its been fun watching them grow and play with each other...........I wonder if they think its so much nicer to have a brother or sister to play with or is it a frustration competing for the food???



I couldn't believe how lucky i was to get this shot. Even though its a little dark.... You can't tell but the little one's tail was just wagging a mile a minute..lol 



I LOVE this shot ... looks like he/she is just smelling the flowers... I have no idea what flowers those are... If anyone knows i'd love to know. I think they are just a weed. I'm fixing to pull them out so the seed doesn't spread all over the yard... I left them as long as i did because the deer don't eat them..and they're pretty lol  Pssst... all the photos will enlarge if you click on them.............


Hello to my Tea People!!! There's been alot of plain boring water drinking going on around here... Thats a PostCard i made. Not totally thrilled with it .... i don't care for just how dark that one feather came out... But for the most part this is me playing with Distressed Inks... not as easy as they make it look...lol But it was fun playing with something new... 


And for anyone following the raccoon saga... the score is Raccoon 2 , Humans 0......grrrr...... My idea of putting grease on the pole did not even slow him down ! I thought at the very least he wouldn't like the grease on his paw... but nope he didn't care... My next idea was sliding a larger diameter piece of PVC pipe around that smaller pipe so when he grabs it , it will spin....  See the small pipe is small enough in diameter that his paw can encircle the whole thing and he can get a good grip even with the grease.... My thinking is the bigger diameter pipe and the fact it spins will not allow him to get a good grip... He hasn't been back in a little while to test my theory....I'll keep you posted..........lol I'm so glad everyone popped over for a visit. I just love it when you do.  Next week..........I think we are over due for some art overload!!! I have so much to show you!  Big Big Hugs!  I have some appointments to attend to tomorrow (Tues) so i may be a little late visiting... Hubby had shoulder surgery this past week and between followup visits and therapy....and ... and... i'm about run ragged.......  deb

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

LOVE that cheeky raccoon, so cute! Wonderful photos of the deer, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What beautiful photos of the deer. Such beautiful shots, too. They do look safe in your yard. Had to laugh at the racoon. It will NOT be deterred, will it?

Thanks for sharing your art, your lovely photos, and your water with us for T this Tuesday. And thanks for joining the party.

johanna said...

your postcard is beautiful and the Story of the raccoon fun to follow... but what i like best are These shots of the deer. they are so beautiful and really look like being tame. good they can feel save here.
happy t-day!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Fun with the camera! Maybe the coon has been back and you don't know it? They are cute to watch, but a pain to keep out of your feeder. Love the deer. Hope you don't intend to plant a veggie garden since they seem to have made your place their second home, lol. So glad you posted. We all love your art and your critters too!
xx, Carol

Meggymay said...

You just have to smile at that raccoons determination to get to the food. The deer photos are awesome, it must be so good to see them close to your home, they obviously feel safe.
Happy T Day
Yvonne

Lisca Meijer said...

What a privilege to see those deer so close up. The little one feeding is just awesome.
But that little racoon rascal is something else! I had never seen a racoon. (Don't they have huge bushy tails?)They sure are clever. And determined. I hope your new solution works. Keep us posted.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Linda Kunsman said...

how beautiful to have those deer so close and to watch them grow. They are wonderful photos Deb! Amazing just how adept some of these creatures are - like your racoon and the trouble I'm having with two squirrels in particular. Hope all goes well after hubby's surgery. And I love your card with the one feather that stands out! Happy T day and have a great day!

My name is Erika. said...

Today's photos are absolutely amazing, and reason for T party in itself. Lucky you to have such visitors-well maybe not the raccoons but still fun to see, even if they eat all your seed. Hugs-Erika

~*~Patty S said...

Oh Deb the twins are gorgeous and that nursing photo is OH SO precious!
I am not talking to our night time visiting deer just now as they've eaten my beautiful hydrangea and so many other things in the garden it's a sad gardening year. Oh well so it goes.
Raccoons and squirrels seem to be great pole climbers and bottomless pits too LOL.
Hope your husband's healing goes smoothly and that Nurse Deb gets some well deserved rest.
Happy T Day oxo

Divers and Sundry said...

Good luck with your anti-raccoon project. They will take over if they can lol! Happy T Tuesday :)

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lucky you Deb with that wild life - and super shots you got.
My husband is having shoulder problems and is going for an MRI scan in the morning with a view to operating.

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, your photos are amazing and so adorable! Mom must feel very safe in your yard to bring her twins to see you, how wonderful :-). Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

Halle said...

Naughty little critters. We thankfully don't see many raccoons in our yard. Plenty of deer and rabbits though. I wish those coyote we hear howling would snatch up some of the bunnies. GRRR.
Good luck with out witting those masked marauders.
Happy T day!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Terrific photos, Deb! I get a kick out of your ingenuity in trying to outfox the raccoon. Who says animals can't reason 'cause they're not human? They're amazing sometimes.

Your headline about babysitting twins really caught my eye. I thought - whoa, what did I miss?! The fawns are darling. Could those flowers be lupine?

I quite like your distressed ink postcard. I like muted art. I know what you mean about learning to use distressed inks. I can't count how many projects I've ruined by laying down too much or having the sponge slip. But it's all fun - even the failed experiments ;-)

Darla said...

I'm late to the party. So enjoyed the pictures of the deer. The raccoon? Not so much. We have our own and we had to take out a small pond we had because they made such a mess of it. Last but not least, I like the feather card. I have a fondness for feathers and their images.

kathyinozarks said...

Ah enjoy the twins and Mama our regular deer that come by have not been seen hardly at all-I think it's do to the extreme heat here and they are just staying down in the bottoms where its cooler. If its not raining every day here it switches to extreme heat and humidity so we have pretty much been stuck indoors-the air is so hard to breath in but next week the rain returns--

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My! Sorry to be on catch up here - glad I didn't miss this though! I really would not get anything done!!! Hugs, Chrisx