Monday, July 4, 2016

Crook! Bandito!! Thief!!!...........


                                                   Who Me???  Yes YOU!!!


Everything was going along fine.... We finally managed to defeat the squirrels and keep them out of the feeder...


 Then this little guy shows up.... and proves that where there's a will there's a way................................



He is just too cute!  And i really cannot get upset at him... He's doing what raccoon's do... but then he brought his 5 brothers and sisters!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!


I don't mind feeding one little hoodlum but not 5 ... So we are pitting our wits against his...so far... he's winning... We took carpet tack board and attached it around the edges thinking he would prick his little paw when he tried to get up but nope he still managed to get up...
My next idea is to put grease on the pole... see that little section between the squirrel guard and the top of the feeder? Well he HAS to grab that to pull himself up so maybe if i oil it or grease it....I don't want to hurt him just deter him... outsmart him... is that possible? We shall see......

So far the little rascal is winning.......... :)



And this is for my Tea People over there at Ms Elizabeth's and Bleubeards.... We are starting to unpack more and more...the bookcase is fastened in place and i started unpacking my books... so cool to open my boxes after more than a year...See the cup up on the mantle?? That's Cherry Coke Zero my fav this summer....


This is a painting my brother in law did and gave to us years ago... I just love it... We still need to work on that fireplace but for now the painting is out of the box . So good to know it made the trip from CA in one piece....We can just move it out of the way when i'm ready to tackle the fireplace... :)  I hope you are having a good summer wherever you are.... If your in the US i hope you had a good 4th! We've been wet, rainy and humid , muggy...uuughh.. this Fall Girl is gonna try to hang on....lol Big Hugs! deb

18 comments:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I just sent you an email and then checked my Feedly and saw you posted something. This made me laugh out loud and I'm still smiling. What a rascal! Raccoons are sooo clever. Good luck thwarting this guy and his extended family. Great pics of the drama, BTW.

I saw a gecko in our hallway the other night while we were getting ready for bad. I tiptoed past the dog so as not to alert her to a tasty tidbit in the vicinity. I whispered in my hubby's ear, "There's a gecko in the hallway!" He whispered in reply, "Well, what do you want me to do about it?" I whispered back ... You get the idea. By the time he got to the hallway, he couldn't find hide nor hair - or should I say "scale nor skitter" of the critter. We haven't found it yet but sure hope Sadie hasn't had an unsanctioned snack.

Carol said...

ahhh... good luck with the raccoon. They are determined little rascals to say the least. I'm still fighting the squirrels. Love the painting.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your house is coming along well. Love the raccoon photos, they are funny little critters. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

haha, your raccoon Story made me laugh (well, i can do this from a distance... not sure if it was my garden;)). These critters are too witty! love your blog Header photo!
happy t-day!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

This racoon is just too clever... makes me laugh! Your house is coming along so pretty - well done at all that! Happy T-Day Deb!
oxo Susi

My name is Erika. said...

He's just a little raccoon. How cute. But I know what a pain. You must be happy to be unpacking and getting ready to settle in. Seems like we've been watching this a long time. Happy t day. Hang in there. Summer is the shortest season of the year. Or so it seems to me. Hugs erika

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Our squirrels are gone for the summer...camping out in the woods. We don't have much problem with them since I stopped putting bread out for the birds and have squirrel proof feeders that spring closed when some heavy critter tries to get the seed. HOWEVER, I have mentioned that we trap the Evil English Sparrows. We suspect a raccoon tried to get them out of the trap and partially ate a few and tore the heck out of a plastic bear welcome sign I had near the pond gate.

I don't mind raccoons except for the damage they do.
xx, Carol

~*~Patty S said...

That sure is a cute little bandit Deb.
What a sight the whole crew must have been OY!
That painting is beautiful with all that lovely blue and place of honor over the mantle looks perfect too.
Happy T Day and Happy July.
It's going to be like a sauna here in Virginia after the rain and today with hot temps ugh...not my thing either.
oxo

Darla said...

Those little bandits are cute but they can sure tear up a garden. Maybe the bird feeder is keeping him away from something else. How nice to hear you are finally unpacking. Doesn't seem like a year has gone by. A very busy year for you.

Divers and Sundry said...

A bigger platform that he couldn't reach the edge of? Or maybe a bigger baffle? I'm sure you'll figure out something, and I look forward to seeing what you do. Happy T Tuesday!

Meggymay said...

The raccoon seems to be quite a little character, it did make me smile seeing the photos. Your house is looking lovely and its a beautiful painting.
Happy Tuesday.
Yvonne xx

Karla B said...

That racoon is cute!And your house is getting beautiful!Love your painting.It's adorable!Happy T Day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Well that would be by day sorted! I could watch that cutie all day long although of course I wouldn't like him taking my bird food! I would miss my birds! I have heard that racoons can be quite destructive so do be careful he can't get into your house! Hugs, Chrisx

kathyinozarks said...

Those guys are definately little rascals-they have no morals lol we battle them all the time here too

The Weaver of Grass said...

How I envy you that beautiful bookcase.

CraftyViolet said...

Racoons can do so much damage and they are so smart it is best to discourage them completely. People who go camping are finding out the hard way that the racoons know how to easily open Tupperware containers and garbage can lids. We were sitting at Rondeau a couple of weeks ago about 5:00 pm and a racoon walked up to a large heavy duty plastic garbage container, reached up until he could just get his claws on the opening and pulled himself up and right into the container. We watched to make sure no one pushed in the covering with him in there. By all means try the grease, it should work.

By the way, congrats on winning the prize at Diane Slater's blog. If I couldn't win it, you would be the next best person!!!!

Let's Art Journal said...

Your little bandit is so cute and so so clever! The painting is stunning , I can see why it has pride of place over your mantle. Happy T day :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had a family of racoons living under my front porch for awhile. My neighbor noticed and waited until they were all out, then sealed crawlspace area that allows airflow. So glad they are gone, because they can get into a LOT of mischief. Good luck getting rid of yours.

So glad to see the latest installation of the house project and the wonderful bookcase you are now starting to fill.

The painting above the mantel is gorgeous, and the cherry coke, appropriate for T, looks a bit out of place. Love the way things are coming along in your home. and thanks for sharing your cheery cherry coke zero with us for T this past week. YEP, I'm FINALLY ONLINE.