Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A Breath of Fall..............

GoodMorning everyone.... or whatever time of day you are visiting.... As i write this its 7:30 am.... I'm yawning over my first cup of coffee.... Hubby (obviously feeling better) just dashed out the door to the neighbors when he saw a big earth moving truck go by.... tonka toys you know... boys will be boys...lol The neighbors are clearing some land to build a small house..... Summer and Fall around here are fighting it out.... one day summer-like one day Fall... But there are signs that Fall is winning....  The fawns are losing their spots.... the velvet is coming off of the buck's horns....the birds are gathering on the wire and in the trees.... the days are no longer baking me and the nights have a crisp feel to them.... you KNOW i'm in heaven......... :)

I almost didn't make it this week my T people. But i'am squeaking in albeit a little on the late side.... If you 'd like to hop around and visit with a lovely group of ladies just visit our hosts Elizabeth and Bleubeard on Tuesdays and link up . You can ramble on about anything .. we are just chatting over T after all.. lol The only requirement is that you have something drink related in your post...

There's been some MailArt PostCards going on around here ..... i cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it is to open your mail box and find a colorful piece of art in there...  The tulip in the header is from one of my swap partners Krisha....She painted this with leftover paint and her finger!! Isn't she amazing?!  The bear is my postcard to her..... cereal box chipboard.... the little squares in the back ground are cut from junk mail then gessoed over and painted with my first attempt at ombre...And the bear is done with texture paste that i colored black and put thru a stencil... the stars on top are washi tape.....I see some more postcards like that in my future...  :)  

My second cup of coffee is calling my  name and i need to get around and visit all you lovely people.. :)  Big big hugs! See you soon! deb

17 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was delighted to read that your husband is on the mend. That must be a big relief to you, too.

Great postcard art. I was impressed by your use of junk mail as texture. This is wonderful. I enjoyed the ombre, too.

Thanks for sharing your coffee and the lovely mail art from you and Krisha with us for T this Tuesday. And you are NEVER late. It's still breakfast time here!

johanna said...

so good your hubby is getting better! and i like the Recycling postcard, i love silhouettes.
happy t.day!

Halle said...

Good to hear hubby is feeling better. MAIL ART! Such fun stuff. I need to do more of that again.
Happy T day!

Krisha said...

Thanks for the shout out Deb.....sorry I haven't post the one you sent me.....I still have it propped up in the kitchen....LOL!

So glad to hear your Hubbs is really on the mend........yes, they do like their toys...eh?

Have a great week, and thanks for raving about my painting.....I'll try to send Valerie a print....thanks for the idea.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad your DH is feeling better. I can feel fall in the air -the days are getting shorter and the sun is striking at a different angle so our patio is shaded more during the day. I hate letting go of summertime. Happy T Tuesday!

Linda Kunsman said...

they are both wonderful postcards Deb! Believe it or not it's going to reach mid eighties today and up to 90 F tomorrow with humidity back. And, I just saw a hummingbird about an hour ago so they haven't left yet:) I'll keep enjoying my summer in September. And thanks for mentioning Peets-it's now my brew of choice. Happy T day!

Lisca Meijer said...

I'm glad to hear your husband is feeling better. Rushing out to see a Tonka truck! That's my boy!
Your art cards are wonderful. What a brilliant idea.
Any news on the raccoon front? Have you thrown in the towel or did the spikes work?
Happy T-day,
and a good week ahead,
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

Glad to read that hubby is getting much better! Yes the cooler days are on their way, although at the moment we are having a mini heatwave for a couple of days! Krisha's flower is beautiful and I am sure she will love that fabulous bear! Hugs, Chrisx

Valerie-Jael said...

A post that begins and ends with coffee has to be good!Yes, boys will be boys.... Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie and Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

So pleased to hear your hubby is getting better and you are in heaven with fall starting! Your description of things to look for to know fall is winning sounded so poetic and I can imagine what it is like - wonderful! Your swaps are brilliant, I love the flower and the bear pieces Krisha and you have created! Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J :-)

Meggymay said...

Wonderful post card art and I loved your bear card.
Autumn is coming here in the UK as well, with the leaves changing colours.
It was good to read that your hubby is feeling much better.
Happy T day.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

We're having the same weather here- typical September. However, we are so dry our leaves are already turning. Happy T day. Loving your card. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Mail art really is fun-I have participated in some swaps in the past-the last go round I was not receiving my swap and not notified if mine ever arrived-so I got discouraged with it but if you find a good swap group it really is an inspiration and forces me to think art in other ways
I am so ready for fall to come and stay-this week we are mostly hot and steamy again with promises of a cool down and rain-hope so.
I am back to feeding the deer-same group as last year-the doe and her now year old twins-but they are getting very bossy-lol won't share with the others that come in
Have a good week

CraftyViolet said...

My mother used to always say, "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!" She was so right. I can just see Alvin rushing out after a dump truck - too funny. So glad he's feeling better.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Great to hear that your hubby feels better!
A super postcard is this - wow!

Happy belated T-Day !
oxo Susi

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Your posts always make me smile, Deb. You have a great way of putting things and an appreciation for nature that has made me notice the beauty more. Hugs, Eileen

Karla B said...

Glad your hubby is getting better!Love your card.Happy belated T-Day !