Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Creativity Wednesdays.................


HI Everybody!!!  Trying on something new here at the blog ... I've just been making posts once a week for my Tuesday T party with Elizabeth and Bleubeard as i thought that was all i could handle with the remodel going on... but i've recently been invited to participate with Creativity Wednesdays by KathyinOzarks on her new blog Hummingbird Woodland Studio...... and i wanted to give it a go..... I hope i can manage to post every week...  
What you see above is the beginning of a gift card holder... I love to recycle/ upcycle/ repurpose whatever you want to call it and alot of my projects reflect that..........


You may or may not be able to guess that this started its manufactured life as a cereal box... that i cut to size , gessoed and then used Tattered Angel sprays on the background... the smaller tag was a clothing tag in a previous life... I glued the inside of a security envelope to it and painted it orange with acrylic paint... All the details are stickers i found at the Dollar Tree... I wanted to include a letter so i folded a piece of paper accordion style to the back... I really like that little trick... :)

 Now that brown wrapper helping to hold on the feathers some birds kindly donated and also helping to hold that 'letter' closed, you may not be able to guess where it came from.......Remember i said we were remodeling our house... Well we had some electrical done and when you cut open a length of wire well theres copper wire inside and one strand is wrapped in this paper... I've gotten pretty good at always keeping one eye looking for ways to recycle something.....
To finish it off i painted some paper orange and stamped with a flower stamp then cut it in a circle and glued it on to give a more finished look to the feathers...Stuck in my Starbuck cards and lined all the edges with a gold pen... It doesn't show up too well in the photos.... This was a little time consuming but fun too trying to figure it all out.. And its for a very special someone...........  who LOVES Starbucks... :)  I'm so glad you stopped by for a visit and i'll be around to visit everyone.........I can't wait to see what your up to! Hugs! deb

6 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

This is really awesome Deb-I especially love the way you added the accordian style paper for a message--these paper cards are such great ways to create something-I still have a big bag of odds too for this craft
thank you so much for sharing-hugs

CraftyViolet said...

You are so creative its amazing. Love your gift card holder. Unused envelopes can be folded and used as well for the note and the gift card. I have a tendency to keep odds and ends that most people would throw out and its always like a YES when I find something that works...and its free!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Love it. My husband gives me heck for saving everything but like you, I can always find a purpose for it. Though I've not paper crafted in some time and don't have kids at home to provide me with cereal boxes anymore. :)

Krisha said...

Very well done Deb and really a cute idea.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Very pretty Deb - I think when you are as busy as you are in the house then it is important to have something like this to do for relaxation.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Lovely tags, Deb. I also like the idea of folding a letter onto an art card. Hadn't seen that done before. I'm the happy recipient of a postcard you did with some of the Dollar Store stickers ;-)

My you've been bursting with creativity! It's been bottled up so long, it must feel really good.

Hugs,