Saturday, September 17, 2016

Hot... Hot.... Hot.....

 ...........I'm so tired of hot and humid....I'm about as tired of it as this squirrel looks....  took this photo just the other afternoon... Hot... I'm ready for Fall! But i see another week of close to 90 F degree temps for all this next week...uuuuughhh.... 
 Oh its been a crazy week.... You?  Doctor appointments and beginning to work on the house again... won't be long and i'll have my Master Bedroom Closet back... woohoo!! All the caulking is done in there now i have to paint over it... Hubs is working on the shelves in there and remember those whale tails...? He's working on turning that into a place for us to hang our pajamas etc... Its really going to be cool. He's talking about cutting the top of the board like waves.... go hubby! 
 Above is a PostCard i made... i found the stickers at the Dollar Store and the tag was a clothing tag i repurposed... the background is Tattered Angels sprays with a sealer on top ..... I tilted it in the second picture so you can see some of the gold highlights i added... 
 .......another sketchbook page... it doesn't show up well but the fish are shiny silver... I have a thing for shiny silver fish..... its all Monterrey Bay Aquarium's fault.... ever since our visit there i can't help drawing some now and then..... they were amazing... 
 They had a room that had a tank all the way around the top near the ceiling that was the most beautiful blue and had a school of silver fish in there swimming round and round.... took my breath away....I tilted the page hoping you could see it better but i don't think it helped... this is all done with a black Pitt Pen and Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol... the silver is a silver marker.....i hope you will click to enlarge........This is another drawing that kept me occupied while hubby was recovering.........

I don't know about you but i hope next week slows down a little.... I need to paint the closet and stain the shelves going in there... Oh did i tell you i found the PERFECT nautical lights to go in there?!! Promise... promise to show you.... The beachy bedroom is coming together...lol 



Apologies to Ms Elizabeth and the Tgang for recycling a previously used coffee pic....  But ... It is the same coffee in the same mug every morning in front of the same laptop...lol Just the drawings may change...lol   Promise to do better next week.  Big big hugs! I'll be around to visit! deb

24 comments:

Krisha said...

Hey there Deb, good to see you creating again......love the post card.

It is heating up again here today and tomorrow it will be triple digits again, haven't seen them in weeks.....ugh! Hope these are the LAST days of summer heat.........TG we don't have your humidity to go with it. ;)

Thanks for all the positive comments you have been leaving me!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh gosh, my squirrels lay in the front tree that way on a limb. It's so cute. Or they stretch out on the landscape blocks. Our weatherman says this week...hot and humid then a cool down. Our normal temp now is supposed to be 72 but the forecast for this week is in the 80s. We'll take it because the Farmer's Almanac tells me I'm going to be missing this heat in the not too far future!!
xx, Carol

My name is Erika. said...

I like fish and shiny fish are even better. :) Bet you can't wait for a closet in your bedroom. I would love my own big closet. Maybe it would be better though just to weed out more clothes. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

I am soooo ready for fall too we have the same weather hot and humid-and allergies back ugh
glad to read you guys are able to work on the house again
enjoy the week

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh yeah, I have seen the squirrels resting like that mostly on our one tree limb. And despite it still being pretty warm and humid here we have one squirrel digging into my lower flower pot and making a mess! Not complaining about he weather though the leaves are falling...
Super art pages! Happy T day and hoping things cool down for you-I'll take the heat for you:)

Valerie-Jael said...

Your postcard is totally gorgeous, and of course, I love the photo of the squirrel flat out! Hope your temps soon get more bearable. Glad the work on the house has progressed well. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

The postcard and page is gorgeous Deb and I like the squirrel photo - so cute!
Hope you get lower temperatures soon - happy renovating furthermore..all sounds really exciting!
Happy T-Day!
hugs
Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Monday was 95 F here, with a heat index of 103. Today through Saturday is supposed to be equally hot, but Sunday we are supposed to get a bit of relief and it will be in the mid 80s. So I'll take your "near 90" today instead of over 100 with the heat index and no rain in sight, just tropical humidity. Of course, I love the photo of the squirrel. I thought maybe s/he had given up trying to reach the bird feeder, but I guess s/he was just resting.

That's a lovely postcard. I really like how you recycled a clothing tag. I'm big on recycling too, as you are probably aware.

Thanks for sharing your recycled coffee, your lovely postcard, and your fun tale of the squirrel with us for T this Tuesday.

Let's Art Journal said...

Your squirrel photo made me smile ... it must be so hot! I'm so pleased your hubby is getting better and your beachy bedroom is nearly finished, how exciting! I took a look at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium you mentioned and the ceiling of white fish is mersmerising, just like your artwork - stunningly beautiful! I love your Wolf Lake cup as well, lovely! Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful photo of the squirrel and a fantastic postcard.
Happy T day.
Yvonne xx

Lisca Meijer said...

Gosh that squirrel really does look hot and bothered! We've been hot too, until this past night when it rained a little and today is a bit cloudy. (which only makes it feel 'close').
I'm glad the building and decorating are coming on. Looking forward to seeing the results when it's all been painted.
Your coloring page with the fishies is beautiful. Go with the flow.... and I love the turtle at the top.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Krisha said...

Gina Marie dies can be found at Wholesalecraftingsupplies.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Divers and Sundry left a comment on today's blog post and said she couldn't find your T post. That's why I ask that you link one post only, so everyone is on the same page. I am not sure if she ever found you or not.

~*~Patty S said...

Time certainly IS charging forward.
Before we know it it will be jingle bell time again (WHO said that!).
Your artwork looks great.
You certainly have a way of transforming stickers into something really special Deb.
I feel you on the upheaval of home improvements.
We're having our foyer and downstairs powder room redone so that means packing up lots of stuff to where I'm not certain hah!
Wishing you a Happy T Day
I am ready for cooler drier temps too!
That squirrel pic says it all oxo

CraftyViolet said...

Love the squirrel...that's how I felt during the too-hot summer too. In fact summer continues here in Ontario and we had to turn the A/C back on yesterday.

Love the postcard too. I'm sort of thinking of making Christmas postcards this year to send to some family members...might but might not. They all love my cards so ???

Love the fish page too...let's face it, I'm a big fan of your artwork!

Glad to hear that hubby is well enough to be back to working on the house. Looking forward to seeing the finished photos.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Your squirrel photo had me smiling out loud - if that's possible. Love the yummy postcard. I think I have that arrow stencil in my shopping cart for our upcoming trip. It's one I saw in Vicky's esentials video. Can't wait to see more photos of house progress. Hugs,

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your fish swimming around that fabulous aquarium! Your postcard is brilliant! I especially love the photo of that hot squirrel! Hugs, Chrisx

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes, your lovely whale arrived a week ago and sits on our mantelshelf.
Thank you for him - he is very well done.
I have already answered your letter so you should get it any day soon.

Carol said...

Great art Deb! So much work on your home and more to come...can't wait to see that bedroom :)

September Violets said...

It's been hot & humid for a couple of weeks here again too! Today, however there was a lightening of the humidity, and they say cooler temps are moving in.
Your postcard is magical! Love the sketching you've been working on too. Very vibrant :)
Wendy

johanna said...

finally my guests are back home again and i find the time for a belated t-day blog hop...

here the heat finally broke down, to my desire! LOVE your Indian elephant tag/page! the other page is beautiful as well...
xo

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

LOL, I feel as hot as that squirrel, I wish it would cool off. Lovely cards.

Halle said...

That squirrel photo is a hoot! We've just been get loads of rain!! I hear thunder again...geez.
Sorry I'm so late in visiting...busy week for me too.

Jeanne said...

That squirrel is looking just like I am feeling in this persistent warm weather. Really ready for Fall! Love your postcard, it is so cute