Sunday, September 25, 2016

Just Some More Doodling.........


.........i did while hubby was in serious recovery mode from surgery... this was alot of fun to draw and color... I wasn't sure at all if i could make the water look like a river ... but i think it does or at least a little creek. :)  



Here is the lined version if you'd like to print it yourself and color. I'd love to see it if you do! 


My wonderful blogging friend Violet sent my hubby this beautiful PostCard while he was recovering...Her FIRST attempt at water coloring!! Can you believe it??? You can check out her blog and see all her beautiful handmade cards and hear about life in Canada at Crafty Violet's Chaos .....


Speaking of cards..... my friend Eileen sent me a card the other day too! Just love the green!  

 .............she makes the most beautiful , intricate cards.... I don't know where she finds the patience... but you can find Eileen at The Artful Crafter website.... believe me she is the guru of crafting knowledge... She has helped me accomplish so many projects... 


Can you believe i remembered my promise from last week???  Here is the nautical light i found for my closet... What do you think??   Now it obviously hangs on the wall in this picture but i need it to hang from the ceiling and we found everything we need to do that!! I think its going to look incredible... and definitely give a nautical air to the bedroom... (there will be two in the walk in closet)

And now for my T People! Such sweet ladies i get to visit with every week from Ms. Elizabeth and Bleubeard's blog... Another recycled photo but gosh darn its pretty isn't it??? To think everything in this photo is STILL packed away..... ! Oh well it is what it is... We are steadily , if slowly progressing on the house... the devil is in the details you know.. but i can't see putting all that effort into the insulation and sheetrock.. plumbing etc... and then rush thru the finishing details like caulking  etc... So i'm taking my time... as i do a window .. hubby hangs the blind and we move on... 

Today we spent the whole day working in the CRAFTROOM!!! Woohoo!!!  ... Alot of it spent just picking up and cleaning up as that room has turned into our catch all... We did put some mud on the wall... we are considering not texturing this room as i think i'd like to be able to paint murals and such on the walls......... :)  

If you made it this far .... and i know i'm getting a little long here... with all the T hopping we have to do i try not to get too lengthy but you know me sometimes i just can't stop! :)   For those of you who might want a raccoon update.....

The raccoon has made himself scarce....... We took the spiked tube off the post....you know with all the tacks i spent days gluing on...well he just blew past that sucker!!! lol  total waste of time...... AND we took off the dome we had on there for the squirrels because we found something that takes care of BOTH!  Or i should say Eileen did... You know the lovely lady who sent me the green card.... see ... i told you... she KNOWS things! Its spooky.... lol  She sent me a video of a guy using aluminum roof flashing to fashion a tube around the post... they can't sink their claws in  it!!! I saw the raccoon try a night or two then i haven't seen him since! Works like a charm!!! Well everyone i better let you mosey on... I'll be around to visit everyone on our appointed day!! :) Big Hugs! deb

16 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Glad you're getting your room in order. This is my time to clean and organize and luckily it's raining today so I can trudge on!! Great raccoon deterrent trick. I'll keep it in mind for the future. I'm sure I'll need it sometime.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Glad you found an answer to raccoon and squirrel problems Debs.

CraftyViolet said...

Love your sketch and finished product - I see you have moved away from the lined paper and onto a sketch pad?..or just white paper?

Glad you find a solution to the raccoon problem too. They are clever little devils and hard to discourage. The house next door to us sat empty for about 18 months and every month a raccoon would climb up the back of the house and down the chimney. I warned the people who bought the house about it so they could have the chimney cleaned before they used it.

Thanks for the link to my blog too. Glad Alvin liked the postcard.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful post. Your friend must have a die cutter machine, because her card is incredible, as is her advice about the raccoon.

It's OK to recycle your T day entry. I love to recycle items myself. I do appreciate that it was much quicker to read where your blog started and ended today, though.

Thanks for sharing your incredible doodling (more like art than doodles), your new light, your great mail art, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

Jeanne said...

Such cute doodling you are doing while your husband is recovering! Hope that all is going well for him and that he is recovering well. Love that card your friend made for you... so cute! Best to you and hope all is going well!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your river art! I'm glad you were able to find a solution to stop that greedy raccoon :) Happy T Tuesday

~*~Patty S said...

Love your owl and river drawing and you colored it beautifully Deb!
Also have to say how much I admire your fortitude and energy in doing your own home remodeling. Just having work done in the house is a big enough deal not to mention actually DOING the demolition and remodeling. Those lights are going to look great and lucky you having a walkin closet!
Happy T Day to ya oxo
p.s. I haven't woven a basket in years but still have a lot of the patterns that I also need to send on their way for someone else to enjoy. Thank you for your nice comment this morning.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful post, and adore your owl, so beautiful and so well coloured, too. Glad work is going on well on your house, hope you will soon be done. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

An incredible doodling artpiece - love to see it as a new header! Great mail art and super that you found a solution for stopping racoony the gangster! Best wishes for the recovery of your hubby furthermore!
Happy T-Day!
oxo Susi

Krisha said...

Super great drawing, yes, I did download it to give it a color a little later...*grin* thank you.

Can't wait to see some photos of your craft room. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the lantern!

Gorgeous card, I like the green too. Glad to hear she gave you the winning secret of getting the raccoon to leave things alone.

Happy T-day.....thanks for the visit and the comment.

johanna said...

your art doodling turned out FANTASTIC!! and how nice to read about the raccoon Story, which seems to come to an end. good wishes for your husband´s recovery and happy t-day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your doodles could easily be published as a Zentangle/Adult Colouring book - they are so wonderfully detailed and designed! I love your owl by the river piece - your owl is a beauty, you have captured the river flowing fabulously and the movement of the weeping willow and the fish are gorgeous. I love it! The cards are superb and the glass pumpkin is so pretty - all very beautiful! Glad your hubby is getting better, wishing you a happy house renovation and T Day! J :-)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Your posts aways make me smile, Deb. You have such a way with words and such an uplifting way of looking at things.

The owl by the river is wonderful!!!! The fish must be salmon - jumping around like that. At least that's what I see. There are always so many interesting details in your art.

I find it hard to believe that's Violet's 1st watercolor. Maybe he;s pulling your leg - lol. TThe painting is just lovely!

Thank you for the shout out my website and for sharing teh green card. So glad to like it.

Love,love,love the nautical lamp. I hope we'll see some house pictures soon.

Yay, for Deb & hubby vs. the rascally raccoon!! Fingers crossed that he doesn't show up with rubber booties or suction cups on his paws :D

Hugs,

Meggymay said...

I have enjoyed reading your post today. the drawing looks great a lovely scene with the owl, trees and water. It was good to read you were solving the raccoon problems as well,
Happy Tuesday.
Yvonne xx

Carol said...

Love the doodle and the cards are lovely too. Remodeling is so time consuming and hard on the body to boot :( Great idea with the flashing. I need to cover all of my fruit trees with it along with the poles to the bird feeders. I'm sure the subdivision association would be just thrilled with that LOL! Hope hubby is doing well ♥

pearshapedcrafting said...

What fabulous scene you have made! Love the cards you received too! Hope your room gets sorted soon! So pleased that Mr Racoon can't come along and steal any more food! Sorry to be so late for T! Chrisx