Thursday, September 29, 2016

Poor Little Guy.......

...................I've had more words of late........ or truth be told i've a little more time on my hands as well... work on the house has slowed to a comfortable pace for me... hubby maybe not so much as he would like things DONE yesterday... lol   But i like the fact that i'm not working on the house from dawn to dusk... I've been giving myself little projects to get done during the day..Like today is paint the closet where i've caulked it and around $10the spare room window where i've caulked...  then the closet doors need to be sanded well and painted.... there ..... if i accomplish that today then i consider it a good day..lol 

Hubs is struggling.... I have decided that i want all six panel doors throughtout the house.... apparently installing doors is not as simple as take one off... put one on.... One minute it seems it will fit then it doesn't... He's been struggling two days on the spareroom door..... and we have gone thru  two doors... (thank goodness we found some at Habitat for $10 , normally 20-$30 at Lowe's... )I almost wish i hadn't asked for the door.... almost..  :)  I just thought it would really help bring this  house up to the 21st century....  He'll get it..... we'll get it....  or at least i hope so....I just hate to see him so frustrated... please send him some good thoughts and maybe an extra ounce of patience if you have any to spare...... :)

The poor little guy in the picture has lost his Momma.....  Probably about a month ago... She used to hang around the yard quite a bit with her baby and one day i noticed she was limping and her leg was quite swollen around the hoof... But she still got around quite well and ate grass and water and the corn i put out... and i had hope  it would get better.... but the last day i saw her she couldn't stay on her feet long enough to eat much and laid down quite alot...somehow i knew that would be the last day i would see her... 

The fawn , though still small, looked old enough to be weaned so i thought he might make it.... I don't know why i think of him as a male but i do... Oh he looked so lonely and lost for a little while... then i noticed that the Momma with the twins had kinda taken him under her wing.... She doesn't let him nurse ...hers don't nurse too much now either... but she does let him hang around...and i often see the ' triplets' together... 

But then there are days like today when i find him laying in our yard... all by himself ..... you can see how his spots are fading.... and i can't help but say 'poor little guy'..... I hope he'll make the winter.... I hope he can watch the other deer and see how to forage thru the Fall and Winter...... He's never been thru a winter before... I hope you'll send good thoughts his way...... poor little guy........ Hugs! deb 

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

You've still got a lot on your hands with the renovations - sooner or later it has to be finished! Sorry about the fawn, hope he makes it. Hugs Valerie

The Weaver of Grass said...

Poor little guy indeed Debs. Sometimes Nature can be so cruel.

I like to give myself a list of jobs to do each day and cross them off when I have done them - it leaves me with a sense of achievement.

kathyinozarks said...

ahhh poor little guy, hopefully he can stay with the family over the winter. Doors are really difficult to handle-maybe he can do one a day. postitive thoughts for everyone hugs

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Bambi - oh, poor baby. I hope his natural instincts will get him through. Good luck to hubby with the doors. I'm sending positive energy his way.

Neesie said...

Oh my goodness... I don't think I can take that poor wee toot loosing his mother with winter coming on. He has to be called Bambi.
We have a wood pigeon that is causing us some concern. Now we do have masses of the pests around the nearby farmland, but this one particular one has been shot or attached. He looked like he wouldn't make an hour when we first saw him never mind over a week! Without being too descriptive... when he ate our seed it fell through a hole in his chest! I KNOW Eww!
Anyway he's recovering. Don't ask me how but there you go. Nature is a pretty awesome thing. I'm confident Bambi will be okay.
As for hubby's door hanging then I sympathise because my hubby has had many DIY troubles over the last few years. I'm hoping that practice might make an expert... one day!
Just concentrate on your end goals with the renovation and I'm sure you'll be there before you know it xx

CraftyViolet said...

I'm sure Alvin will find a way to hang all the doors quickly and efficiently....and if not, lets hope he at least hangs in there until they are done. Sending positive thoughts straight to him. I 'm with you though, if you are doing all these renovations, do it right and bring it up to today's trend. We need some work done here too but my hubby is not the Alvin-type and we need to hire people. Joe hates a mess too so it keeps getting put off.

Poor little fawn. Hope he makes it.

My name is Erika. said...

I hope the little guy does make it through the winter. It is so tough for orphaned animals, but nice to hear that another mom is willing to let him hang out. I guess some animals do have some altruistic feelings. Good luck with the house work!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I hate that door hanging/fitting thing. We have been through it too. It was far less frustrating when we were younger than when we were recently replacing our back screen door.

Sometimes it's hard to sit back and watch Nature take it's course. Those darned deer are pretty hardy and that little guy will probably make it just fine. Bet you'll be able to watch him grow to be a fine big buck!!
xx, Carol

Jeanne said...

So sad for that baby to lose his mama, but glad that another deer has been letting him fit in with her family. We have had a set of twins around our cabin this summer and have so enjoyed watching them.