Monday, October 3, 2016

Here i Sit......


......and its a lovely Fall evening... almost midnight...hubby calls me a HootOwl because i like to stay up late... The windows are open .... the night air not quite cool enough yet to make me close them... hubs would beg to differ but then i just throw an extra blanket on the bed....Just a few moments ago the coyotes ran through our hollow... the make the most haunting sounds.... a mixture of yipping and yapping and howling... Until coming to Arkansas i had never heard them in person before.... the TV does them no justice... They make me smile..... they sound so exuberant  and happy and full of life.......... 



The two pictures above are recent PostCards i've made... sometimes i wonder if my swapping partners get tired of all the bright colors..... I can't seem to get away from them... The top card was a test card .... I was testing True Red across the top using Cad Yellow to lighten it as i went across... And the bottom darker color is Crimson Red and Cad Yellow... I wanted to see what the difference was.......  and i decided it was pretty enough to make a PostCard out of it.......  
If you look close at the bottom PostCard you can see i lightened the bottom right corner and had it fade to dark... always trying to work on my blending...  I like the contrast of the blue and orange and the turquoise flowers against the darker blue... Both PostCards are made with Dollar Store stickers.... 


I know house pictures have been pretty slim pickens around here lately... Not that we aren't doing stuff ... we're just doing boring stuff... tedious stuff...  Take this closet... you've seen a similar photo before... but now i've caulked and painted all the baseboards and trim and the window sill is installed....and caulked and painted...  We have the brackets and boards for the shelves but i have to stain and paint everything... Hubby is still working on the Whale tail hooks... he was not pleased with his first attempt so he is trying again....


This door..... aaaahhhh this door.... gave hubby heck for a good part of last week.... and the nightmare is still not over as he has to drill the holes for the door knobs etc.... Good news.... it cost $10 at Habitat for Humanity... Bad news... its the second door.... the first door got totally ruined and we paid  $30 at Lowe's for that one... um....yeah.....  think happy thoughts.... :)  
This lovely Fall PostCard came from our Tea Buddy Krisha! Isn't it gorgeous??!!Yeah see everyone is in Fall mode and i'm still doing my bright  , hit you in the eye PostCards... ah well... maybe the Fall colors will hit my Muse by Christmas...lol... And here's my water for all my T people over there at Ms Elizabeth's and Bleubeard's... T Stands for Tuesday.... The T party is every Tuesday.... Just bring your favorite drink and come visit everyone...   We'd love to have you... I hope everyone's had a fab week.  I'll be along to visit shortly... Hugs! deb

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your bright colours, keep them coming, they are always welcome. Gad you have been enjoying nature's music around you. Your house renovation is coming along really well. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

i also like bright Colors! and i never heard a Coyote in nature... would love to have this experience! good luck with further renovations.
happy t-day!

Meggymay said...

I love your bright happy colours. Listening to the sound of nature is a pastime I enjoy as well. although most times I think I take it for granted.
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am another one who loves the bright happy colors. I just wish I could find those stickers at my dollar store. They are fantastic.

I love how you described the nature sounds going on around you. I can almost hear the coyotes now, something I have only heard on tv as well.

Too bad about needing a second door. HMM. Sounds like a much better deal, though. I just noticed we have a Habitat for Humanity in my town, so must go there one of these days, because I need two new doors for my basement.

That's a lovely autumn card from Krisha, and goes well with your water. Thanks for sharing your art, your home updates, and your water with us for T this Tuesday.

My name is Erika. said...

WE get that coyote sound too. Sometimes I hear them at night in bed, especially if the windows are open. It is eerie, but in another way, nice to be in a place where I can hear that. Better than traffic and horns. Happy T day. :) Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

I don't think anyone can tire of your colourful postcards, they are exquisite! I love the texture of your backgrounds and those little birds are so cute and the detail of the feather patterning is lovely :-). Your house renovations look like they are progressing well, it must be nice to have a closet and the colour you have chosen is one of my favourites - I love it! What a gorgeous postcard you received from Krisha too, it's the perfect design for fall and the pumpkin season - very pretty! Wishing you a Happy T day! J :-)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love bright colors. I can only think of you working in bright colors. We have coyotes, but I have never seen a pack. Once in a while we see one in the fields across the highway. A friend used to live there and he fed them. I found tracks from one two winters ago when the winter was harsh and I had put bread out for whatever critter wanted it.
xx, Carol

Krisha said...

I love that you use bright colors.....we seem to like the same colors too. I need to go through my stash of stickers, from scrapbook days and use them....so heads-up GF! I like your new PC too.

Since we live in the city limits, I don't hear many animals, but I know there are coyotes around because I have seen them during the day. Kit foxes too. I do get the lonely train whistle when I am up late.

Linda Kunsman said...

Love bright colors and your postcards are super-so keep doing what you love!
Ouch on losing the first door...
My friend just bought a place in the Adirondacks of NY and she heard some coyotes for the first time and was thrilled by them and the wild turkeys that visit. When I get to visit her I hope to experience it too.
Happy T day!

Jeanne said...

Love that acute postcard your friend did! So cute. hoping your husband had perfect luck with that door. Glad you were able to find a second one that was reasonable. Projects like that can be so frustrating.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

You made brilliant cards and were busy in the houese! Great! Krishas card is beautiful as well! I will send my thoights to the Poor little Guy !!!
oxo Susi
Happy belated T-Day!

CraftyViolet said...

A bright and cheery postcard is so much better than a dull one! Love yours....as always. Wish I could find some stickers like you find at your dollar store! Nice!

We have coyotes around here too - not many in town of course but on the outskirts....and lots at the parks. Last year we were walking on one of the trails at Rondeau Provincial Park and a coyote walked across the trail about 50' or so ahead of us. We stopped; he stopped; we stared at each other for a moment and he got bored with us and went on into the bush. That's the closest I've come to one.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

No, no, no! Don't stop the bright colors. They make us smile and think **happy thoughts** ... we need those! I love the top card especially.

The house is looking wonderful. Thank you for sharing all the details - ups and downs - with us.

You describe the coyotes so beautifully. I've never heard coyotes "in person" either (and hope to never get that close!).

Hugs,

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

OMGosh, ask and ye shall receive! Your gorgeous "Be the change" postcard arrived today. I think I have a new fave Deb Terry artwork in my collection ;-)

Hugs,