Saturday, October 29, 2016

Last Chance at Halloween....

One day Halloween seemed a month away and i was toying with ideas for  a Halloween PostCard.... plenty of time... then all of a sudden it was 3 days away and my PostCards would be Belated Halloween wishes.... ah well... the Muse works in mysterious ways... I do apologize for the blurry header photo... my camera does not handle low light well....grrr...Found the spider while cleaning up debris outside... !!To put him in perspective ... He could fit in the palm of your hand legs and all comfortably..not that i picked him up!! No no! 

 Hubby wisely suggested perhaps i shouldn't show you the condition of my desk.... But I thought if you saw the conditions now you could truly celebrate with me when i cut the ribbon on the new craft room... :)  



As always this is cereal box chipboard we are working with.. the skull is from a paper napkin found at Wally World.. I glued it to a piece of white chipboard...so the green wouldn't show thru the napkin... (A mistake you'll see soon)



The raven die cuts came from Wally World too ... but see how you can see the edge of the skull thru the raven..... grrrr... perhaps i should have glued the skull to white cardstock or something... that would have been thinner and the edge of the skull not so obvious... The drips on the background are Tattered Angel glimmer mist sprays...The above pic is the skull without the eyeball.....


And this one i cut out a circle of paper and colored an eyeball... In the finished piece i used a pitt pen to put veins in the eyes...I like the eye ball... I think it gives it a little somethin' somethin'....If you look close i also gave him a shiny gold tooth.... 



And here we go... Three finished Halloween PostCards... I added a spider sticker then carefully painted over it with black because i didn't care for the original color... Used a Pitt pen and drew a line to the spider .....



Here i was trying to show you the shine on the eyeball and spider AND teeth as i added Glossy Accents to them... makes them shiny and raised up a bit...You may be able to tell if you enlarge the photo by clicking on it.... Hope that goes thru the mail well... I also used Archival Ink to go around the edge of the skull to age him a bit... Used the Pitt Pen again to quote a bit of Edgar Allan Poe's... The Raven... around the edges... My Pitt Pen did NOT like the glimmer mist.... Infact i think i ruined a pen...  :(  

I had a family member mention i should have done the background in Orange... It would have been more Halloweeny... but to me the green is ... well.... creepier..... and thats what i was going for... I hope my swap partners don't mind a belated Halloween card....Just when they thought Halloween was over... bbwwwaahhhaaahhaaa... lol 

And for my lovely T people over there at Ms Elizabeth's and Bleubeards .... I understand Bleubeard just celebrated a birthday!!!! Happy Belated Birthday my dear boy!!  See i'm always behind i tell you... belated this belated that.... sigh... To comment on a comment from last week.... Elizabeth... My family were hunters  as was my husband and his family and i asked a few friends that hunt around here... and they all say that you count all the points on a deer ... not just one side... One asked the question... well if the deer had 4 on one side and 3 on the other what would it be?? To us that's a 7 point... Perhaps the states differ.... I can only speak for TX, AR, PA,NJ.........I'm so glad everyone enjoyed the deer photos.. Next week House Update... such as it is... Promise! Hugs! deb

21 comments:

Krisha said...

Cool PC Deb.....should I be keeping an "eye" out? ...LOL!
I'm saying happy T-day now, since I just read your post. The men in my family count the points the same.

CraftyViolet said...

I agree with you - the green is Halloween creepy! Great postcards. The recipients should not mind if they are late getting there.

The spider - yuck - it almost looks like a tarantula. Shudder. I hate them.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Amazing art from you again! Love those cards. How much cereal do you EAT anyway, lol. Love the green background on the cards. They are perfect.
xx, Carol

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the postcards, and loved the way you decorated those cereal boxes. I love anything recycled, so this was wonderful. Too bad the raven was so thin, but it probably doesn't show as much as you think. Love the background, too.

Thanks for your take on the number of antler points on a deer. It's strange that I have heard it the other way all my life, and I have heard it both in KS and MO. So I'm going to take YOUR word because it makes much more sense.

BTW, I've hunted since I was 10. I used to travel to CO each year with my Grandfather and we tracked them. We never, ever, EVER sat in blinds or in trees waiting on the deer. Many people I met in MO said they sat in trees and threw apples on the ground waiting for the deer to arrive. To me that is NOT sport. Unfortunately, I haven't hunted since I moved to Wichita.

Bleubeard is blushing right now, and thanks you for the belated birthday wishes.

Thanks for sharing your lovely Halloween postcards, as well as your coffee and cup bookmark with us for T this week.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Just read your comment about the blinds. I love what your dad said about deer not looking up, and totally agree. It's not good sport and taking the easy way out seems to be a fact of life in this day and age. Maybe that's why I quit hunting when I lived in MO and now that I live in KS. It's harder to find a row of trees in KS to sit in, too.

Linda Kunsman said...

faboolous Halloween postcards Deb!! I love them -and I love the green as well!
The spider is fascinating. I have never seen such a hairy one in our neck of the woods-and I wouldn't pick it up either.
Showed my hubby your buck pics from last week and he was impressed by how close they are to you and how cool to catch them playing.
Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

Fabulous postcards! Happy Halloween and Happy T Day too!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the Halloween postcards, even if I don't so much like the spider! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

I can really relate to your work desk, it's still much tidier than mine. Loved your Halloween postcards, but I would giving that spider plenty of space.
Happy T day
Yvonne x

Lisca Meijer said...

I agree that green is creepier! (And I happen to love orange, our Dutch national colour)
Great postcards!
Happy T-Day and have a good week,
Lisca

Karla B said...

Love your cards. Amazing art!Green or orange are wonderful colors!I like both.Happy T-Day and have a magical week,

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wooo! This is definitely spooky and I love the green! I have challenged many a pen by writing on different surfaces! Happy T day! Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wooo! This is definitely spooky and I love the green! I have challenged many a pen by writing on different surfaces! Happy T day! Chrisx

Darla said...

Great postcards. I like the green as it is a bit different, orange would be more expected. It was fun to read the process and what you used to create the cards

~*~Patty S said...

Oh my that IS a huge spider ACK!
Your cards look wonderfully creepy and the green background looks great to me too.
Time moves so darn fast it is indeed a challenge to keep up.
I think you're doing good Deb.
Happy T Day to ya and Happy November too
oxo

Divers and Sundry said...

I like your skull/raven/spider combo. You certainly achieved your creepy goal :) I think it's the thought that counts, belated or not ;)

froebelsternchen Susi said...

I agree with you that the green is super creepy - fantatsic Halloween cards Deb!
Happy T-Day!
oxo Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such boo-tiful skull postcards you have created - very creepy spooky! They are fangtastic, glad you managed to take a coffin break too :-). (sorry just couldn't resist ... lol!). Wishing you a very Happy T Day Deb! J :-)

kathyinozarks said...

awesome card!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I laughed out loud and snorted diet Coke up my nose when I saw the eyeball. Snot green - definitely very Halloween-y. Or maybe very Shreck-ian. Belated Happy Halloween, girlfriend!

denthe said...

I think the contrast between the bright green and the orange-ish colour at the side of the skull works very well, it wouldn't have looked so good with an orange background. It's good that you showed your workdesk, it looks just like mine ... ;-)